Windows 10: how to hide background tasks

Discus and support how to hide background tasks in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] so yeah im trying to make my windows look cleaner and i needs to know how to hide these things. can anyone help?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sensoisaqt, Oct 22, 2020.

1. how to hide background tasks

/u/sensoisaqt, Oct 22, 2020

2. Unable to hide Task bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to hide Task bar. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

a. Right click on the Task bar.

b. Click on Properties.

c. Put a check mark next to ‘Auto-hide’ the task bar.

d. Click on Apply and OK.

If the issue persists try the below steps to restart the Windows Explorer and check if that helps.

Step 1: Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to open Task Manager

Step 2: Click on
    More details.

Step 3: Under the Processes tab, right-click on Windows Explorer entry and then click Restart.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Oct 22, 2020
  3. Background tasks no-longer running

So I've now got my background tasks working again with the help of people at the WPCentral forum. They advised that I uninstall apps that can use background tasks, whether those tasks are enabled or not. The theory is that Windows Phone has some kind of
    issue with there being too many apps installed that register the use of background tasks and that disabling the background tasks does not help.

So here's what I did:

• Go to settings --> swipe left --> background tasks --> advanced.
    • Make a list of all of the apps installed that can run background tasks.
    • Uninstall as many of those apps as possible. In my case, I had quite a few apps that I actually rarely use.
    • Restart the phone.
    That's it. The background tasks for the apps I actually want to be able to run then just started running again. One person in the thread suggested you can also work around the problem by careful configuration of each app to disable background operations
    you don't actually want, without having to uninstall them.

For more detail you can see the WPCentral forum thread here:
    http://forums.wpcentral.com/windows-phone-8/240483-background-tasks-no-longer-running.html

Benjamin Brereton, Oct 22, 2020
  4. how to hide background tasks

Windows 10 Task menu background transparency

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

Apologize for delay in reply.

As a workaround, I suggest you to change the desktop background/ remove the desktop background and check.

I suggest you to create a new user account and check if it fixes the issue. Refer to the steps below to create a new User Account:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Other User Accounts towards the left.
    • Select Add an Account.
    • Enter a user name and hit Next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    • Check if issue persists.

Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Oct 22, 2020
Thema:

how to hide background tasks

1. how to hide background tasks - Similar Threads - hide background tasks

2. The task bar is hiding.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The task bar is hiding.: New Surface Pro 8, fresh install of Windows 11 Pro.You can see in the screen shot below that the option to auto-hide the task bar is unchecked. Any ideas why it's hiding whenever I open an ap or window?...
  3. The task bar is hiding.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The task bar is hiding.: New Surface Pro 8, fresh install of Windows 11 Pro.You can see in the screen shot below that the option to auto-hide the task bar is unchecked. Any ideas why it's hiding whenever I open an ap or window?...
  4. How to hide the task bar for a specific desktop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to hide the task bar for a specific desktop.: Hi there,I'm a user of Windows 11, and I get used to separate the apps to different desktops. It's really convenient.I would like to know how to hide the task bar for a specific desktop.Thanks,Shuai...
  5. Hide Task Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hide Task Bar: I have my taskbar setting set to auto-hide, but it stays on. Anyone know how to fix that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hide-task-bar/ed7fbf15-1c36-4bbf-bfdf-6194c5d35439
  6. Hide Task Bar

Hide Task Bar: I have my taskbar setting set to auto-hide, but it stays on. Anyone know how to fix that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hide-task-bar/ed7fbf15-1c36-4bbf-bfdf-6194c5d35439
  7. Background tasks icons not hiding in taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Background tasks icons not hiding in taskbar: Recently I installed a windows 10 in my new pc build everything was right but the background icons in taskbar should hide in a box opening with ^ arrow but it wasnt there, i searched up in taskbar settings but found nothing can you guys please help me with this? [ATTACH]...
  8. Hide task bar

Hide task bar: I can't seem to hide the taskbar, and it henders my ability to type text in certain apps. I also keep getting these annoying notification pings I can't find the source of. I thought it was discord, but I turned that off. I have to mute my system to get it to stop, and that...
  9. Background tasks

Background tasks: Trying to understand what I see in task manager. Everyone once on awhile a task called "Office" using Local Bridge, Runtime Broker, and Background Task Host. The icon is the red windows logo with a black background seems odd. Is this normal?...
  10. Hide task bar

Hide task bar: Hi, In the past, before the lastest update, I was able to hide my task bar. Now, no matter what I do, it will not hide. Any ideas why I am unable to hide it? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hide-task-bar/03e76914-3052-44d2-beaf-d2c32eef8de8