Windows 10: How to hide from users documents, downloads, photos, music ?

Discus and support How to hide from users documents, downloads, photos, music ? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Via Group Policy... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RamiMuhanna, Jan 28, 2021.

1. How to hide from users documents, downloads, photos, music ?

Via Group Policy

:)

RamiMuhanna, Jan 28, 2021

2. how to save scanned photos and documents to computer

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to give permission for entire system, so that you can save the files in photos and documents.

• Right click on the folder and click on properties.
    • Click on security tab and select the group\user name.
    • Click on edit option and check the option full control.
    • Click on apply and then on ok button.
    Now you can try saving the file in photos and documents and check if the issue persists.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 28, 2021
  3. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Jan 28, 2021
  4. How to hide from users documents, downloads, photos, music ?

Downloaded files disappear

When you download a file through any browser, there's an option somewhere to 'Open Containing Folder.'

In Windows, to find a file you have downloaded...

1. Open your personal folder by clicking the Start button and then clicking your user name at the top of the Start menu's right pane.
    2. Double-click one of the following folders:
      • Downloads
      • Documents
      • Pictures
      • Videos
      • Music

If you do not see the file you are looking for, but know its file name, you can search for it by following these steps:
    To search for a file you have downloaded...

1. Click the Start button
    2. Type all or part of the file name into the Search box.
      The file you are looking for will appear in the list of results.

teachermark, Jan 28, 2021
Thema:

How to hide from users documents, downloads, photos, music ?

1. How to hide from users documents, downloads, photos, music ? - Similar Threads - hide users documents

2. How to hide user profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to hide user profile: im sorry to ask this, im probably dumb but how do i hide the user profile on my desktop? all other computers i have dont have that. i disabled "show hidden items" in file explorer but nada it wont work..how do i hide it?...
  3. Windows 11 hiding my C:\users\user\Documents folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 hiding my C:\users\user\Documents folder: I was having trouble with an app that hardcoded a path to %userprofile%\documents\. Since Windows 11 decided to force my document folder into a OneDrive folder, I manually created the folder myself, then pinned it for quick access:However, when I open explorer to...
  4. Windows 11 hiding my C:\users\user\Documents folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 hiding my C:\users\user\Documents folder: I was having trouble with an app that hardcoded a path to %userprofile%\documents\. Since Windows 11 decided to force my document folder into a OneDrive folder, I manually created the folder myself, then pinned it for quick access:However, when I open explorer to...
  5. how to hide specific photos from slideshow

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to hide specific photos from slideshow: I want my screensaver to be a slideshow of all my photos, with just certain photos excluded. Is there a possibility to do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-hide-specific-photos-from-slideshow/fac53960-ba28-4564-8db8-a49e4b008ff0
  6. Accessing Folders from Run Menu (Documents/Downloads/Pictures/Music)

in Windows 10 Support
    Accessing Folders from Run Menu (Documents/Downloads/Pictures/Music): Awhile ago, I relocated my folders from my C:\ Drive to my D:\ drive. The way I'd been accessing them now is through Windows Explorer. I'd recently discovered that when using the Run Menu to access these folders, it opens up a session of Windows Explorer to the old location....
  7. How to hide a user from the start screen?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to hide a user from the start screen?: Is there a way to hide a user from the start/ login screen, but still make it accessible? Thanks! submitted by /u/TeDankMeyMeyLord [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/envpjf/how_to_hide_a_user_from_the_start_screen/
  8. how to download music

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to download music: How can I download music to my PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-download-music/7dcb4ffb-a950-4457-819f-0eeac0552810
  9. How to find the source of the music from the Photos app?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to find the source of the music from the Photos app?: Since most of the content, specifically the music, are likely to be copyrighted, how do I find the source/owner of the music? One of the music I'm looking for is Explorer and I can't find it anywhere. I would really like to use it in a YouTube video and I want to make sure I...
  10. Names of user folders (Photos, Music...)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Names of user folders (Photos, Music...): Very odd problem: [img] If I move the location of the user folder (an example here is for Music and Pictures). Both of my folders are network drives from the NAS, and the files are located in root of the network share. So for an example, I have Music which is H:\...