Windows 10: How to Hide or Show Extension Icons on Microsoft Edge Toolbar

Discus and support How to Hide or Show Extension Icons on Microsoft Edge Toolbar in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; You can add extensions to Microsoft Edge from the Microsoft Edge Add-ons Store by default whenever you want. If you like, you can also allow to add... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Dec 17, 2020.

1. Brink Win User

How to Hide or Show Extension Icons on Microsoft Edge Toolbar

You can add extensions to Microsoft Edge from the Microsoft Edge Add-ons Store by default whenever you want. If you like, you can also allow to add extensions to Microsoft Edge from other sources like the Chrome Web Store.

If needed, you can turn on or off added extensions as needed in Microsoft Edge without needing to remove (uninstall) the extension. For example, when an extension is causing an issue for a site, and needs to be temporarily turned off until finished with the site. When you turn on an installed extension, the extension's icon will be added to the toolbar next to the address bar. When you turn off an installed extension, the extension's icon will be removed from the toolbar next to the address bar.

If you like, you can also hide extension icons on the Microsoft Edge toolbar without needing to turn off or uninstall the extension. When you hide an extension's icon from the toolbar, the icon is moved to the top of the Settings and more (Alt+F) (3 dots) menu to access instead.

This tutorial will show you how to hide and show extension icons on the toolbar of the Chromium based Microsoft Edge in Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10.

Read more: https://www.windowsq.com/t/how-to-hi...e-toolbar.565/

:)

Brink, Dec 17, 2020

2. No Cortana Icon on Microsoft Edge

Hi Praveen,

It is possible that the Show search and site suggestions as I type option in Microsoft Edge isn't enabled which explains why the Cortana icon is not visible. To check, follow these steps:

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click the Menu button (...).
    • Click Settings.
    • Scroll down and click View advanced settings.

• Turn on the toggle switch for the Have Cortana assist me in Microsoft Edge
      option.

• Turn on the toggle switch for the Show search and site suggestions as I type option.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Aileen Alf, Dec 17, 2020
  3. Extensions in Microsoft Edge

I too add my name to the list of people who find Edge useless without extensions.
    Huge step backward folks.

BucketHead99, Dec 17, 2020
  4. How to Hide or Show Extension Icons on Microsoft Edge Toolbar

Cannot install extensions in Edge

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with installing Extension in Microsoft Edge. I will certainly help you with the issue.

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if that helps:

• Launch your Edge browser and click on the 3-dotted
      More link. You will see an Extensions item.

• Click on Extensions to open the following panel. Here you will see a
      Get extensions from the Store link.

• Currently, extensions like Amazon Assistant, Evernote Web Clipper, LastPass, Mouse Gestures, Office Online, OneNote Web Clipper, Page Analyzer, Pinterest Pin It Button, Reddit Enhancement
      Suite, Save to Pocket, Translate for Microsoft Edge, etc., are available for Edge.

• Clicking on one of them will open the Windows Store page which offers this extension.

• Click on the
      Free button to install it.

• To enable the extension, click on
      Turn it on. If you do not want to enable it, click on Keep it off. Once you do this, you will see this entry in the list of extensions installed. Here you see only one as I have installed only one extension.

• Once the Edge extension is enabled, you will see it added to your panel. Right-clicking on it will offer you two options:

• Show next to address bar

• Manage.

• You can toggle the switch to On/Off position – for the Pin It button as well as for showing it next to the address bar.

• You will also see buttons that show you more
      Options and one that lets you Uninstall the Edge extension.

• Clicking on
      Options will show additional settings offered for that plugin in a new browser tab that will open automatically.

• Clicking on
      Uninstall will uninstall the Edge extension.

• The settings and options available for each extension, will of course differ.

Hope this information helps.

Please get back to us with an update on the issue, we will be happy to help.

Ankit Rajput, Dec 17, 2020
Thema:

How to Hide or Show Extension Icons on Microsoft Edge Toolbar

1. How to Hide or Show Extension Icons on Microsoft Edge Toolbar - Similar Threads - Hide Show Extension

2. How to Show or Hide Performance button on Toolbar in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to Show or Hide Performance button on Toolbar in Microsoft Edge: [IMG]In this post, we will show you how to show or hide the Performance button on the toolbar in Microsoft Edge. The performance button allows Edge users to easily change the settings of the Efficiency mode, previously known as the Performance mode, without having to leave...
  3. How to customize the Toolbar in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to customize the Toolbar in Microsoft Edge: The new Microsoft Edge Chromium browser is gaining popularity among internet surfers. it is compatible with all versions of Windows and Mac operating systems. The enhanced features, speedy performance, have made it best compatible with websites & extensions. Also, it provides...
  4. How to show or hide Google Cast toolbar icon in Chrome

in Windows 10 News
    How to show or hide Google Cast toolbar icon in Chrome: If you often mirror your web browser on an external display, you can show Google Cast toolbar icon in Google Chrome to get things done faster. It is possible to show or hide the Google Cast toolbar icon using the Registry Editor and the Local Group Policy Editor. Google Cast...
  5. Show or Hide History button on Toolbar in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Show or Hide History button on Toolbar in Microsoft Edge: This post will show you how to show or hide the History button on Toolbar in Microsoft Edge. This option is currently available in the desktop version of the Edge browser. It allows you to add or remove a new history button in the toolbar as per your requirement. When you...
  6. Microsoft introduces new Extensions menu on toolbar in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft introduces new Extensions menu on toolbar in Microsoft Edge: Extensions are small applications that enhance the browser’s functionality. Once you install an extension, you can notice the extension icon appearing on the toolbar. If you have several extensions installed on your browser, these extension icons take up...
  7. Hiding Edge Extension

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hiding Edge Extension: Is there a way to hide an chrome extension (in Microsoft Edge) and view it? I am able to remove it from the bar, but not seem to find where it went. Any idea how to hide it but still find it? submitted by /u/epickaito27 [link] [comments]...
  8. How to show or hide Collections button in Microsoft Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    How to show or hide Collections button in Microsoft Edge browser: [ATTACH]This article will help you to show or hide the Collections button in the Microsoft Edge browser so that you can customize the toolbar as […] This article How to show or hide Collections button in Microsoft Edge browser first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  9. Microsoft Edge toolbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Edge toolbar: [ATTACH] So I just moved to the new Microsoft Edge because it's much faster and smoother than Google Chrome. But I've noticed the font of it's toolbar is a bit too big compared to Google Chrome. Any solution? Can you change the font/toolbar size? I've tried to change the...
  10. How to show or hide Share button in Microsoft Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    How to show or hide Share button in Microsoft Edge browser: [ATTACH]In our earlier post, we saw how you could remove the Send feedback button from the new Microsoft Edge browser. Likewise, you can also choose […] This article How to show or hide Share button in Microsoft Edge browser first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...