Windows 10: How to hide or unhide Publishers in News and Interests Taskbar Widget of Windows 10

Discus and support How to hide or unhide Publishers in News and Interests Taskbar Widget of Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; If you do not like to read news from specific websites, you can hide publishers in News and Interests in Windows 10. There is an in-built option to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, May 21, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

How to hide or unhide Publishers in News and Interests Taskbar Widget of Windows 10

If you do not like to read news from specific websites, you can hide publishers in News and Interests in Windows 10. There is an in-built option to manage which website you want to read and which you don’t. It opens a page via Microsoft Edge, and you can hide or unhide them from there.

It is possible to enable or disable News and Interests on Taskbar using Group Policy or Registry Editor in Windows 10. It is a panel where you can find the latest news, weather reports, sports result, and many more. Many people like to filter news by websites or have a list of websites that you want to read instead of reading anything. If you are one of them, you may get disappointed since News and Interests shows news fetched from msn.com, which is a consolidation of all the big publishers out there, and the news depends on your region. That’s why you may want to hide some of the publishers that you have a problem with.

How to hide Publishers in News and Interests

To hide publishers in News and Interests in Windows 10, follow these steps:

1. Click on the News and Interests icon in Taskbar.
    2. Find out news from the desired website.
    3. Click on the three-dotted icon.
    4. Select the Hide stories from X.
    5. Click on the Hide button to confirm.

Let’s check out these steps in detail.

At first, click on the News and Interests icon visible in the Taskbar and find out news from the website you want to hide. You can find a three-dotted icon that you need to click on and select the Hide stories from X.

How to hide or unhide Publishers in News and Interests Taskbar Widget of Windows 10 hide-publishers-news-interests.jpg

For example, if the website name ABC, you can find an option called Hide stories from ABC. Once done, you will get a confirmation window where you need to click on the Hide button.

How to hide or unhide Publishers in News and Interests Taskbar Widget of Windows 10 hide-publishers-news-interests-1.jpg

That’s it! Now, you won’t find the publisher in the News and Interests panel in Windows 10.

Now, in case you have hidden a publisher by mistake, or you want to continue getting news from a hidden publisher, here is how you can unhide it.

How to unhide publishers in News and Interests

To unhide publishers in News and Interests, follow these steps:

1. Click on the News and Interests icon.
    2. Click on the Manage interests option.
    3. Switch to the Hidden Publishers tab.
    4. Click on the Unhide button.
    5. Click the Confirm button.

To learn more about these steps, keep reading.

At first, click on the News and Interests icon and select the Manage interests option visible in the panel. It opens the Edge browser on your PC. You need to switch to the Hidden Publishers tab from your left side, showing all the publishers you have hidden earlier.

How to hide or unhide Publishers in News and Interests Taskbar Widget of Windows 10 unhide-publishers-news-interests-1.jpg

Click on the corresponding Unhide button to show the publisher again in the News and Interests and click the Confirm button to confirm the change.

How to hide or unhide Publishers in News and Interests Taskbar Widget of Windows 10 unhide-publishers-news-interests-2.jpg

That’s all! From now onward, you can find those unhidden publishers again in News and Interest.

Hope this helped you to hide or unhide publishers in News and Interests.

How to hide or unhide Publishers in News and Interests Taskbar Widget of Windows 10 hide-publishers-news-interests-1.jpg
    This article How to hide or unhide Publishers in News and Interests Taskbar Widget of Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, May 21, 2021
  2. Tazmiria Win User

Auto hide taskbar not unhiding

This was working fine and for some unknown reason it stopped. I have the taskbar on auto hide and when I move my mouse to unhide, it will not show the taskbar. I did not change any settings or download anything new so do not know what happened. I tried taking
    auto hide off and it appears fine, then turned auto hide back on and still the taskbar will not unhide. Any suggestions how to get my taskbar to unhide without having to turn it on/off?

I also can not close one window, it makes me close all windows. The little + sign is gone to open a new window I have to go to the right side, open the drop down menu and click New Window. None of this was like this yesterday, the taskbar worked perfectly
    so I am very confused. Please help me get my taskbar back to working normal again.

Tazmiria, May 21, 2021
  3. thomaseg1 Win User
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Dev Build 21301 (RS_PRERELEASE) - Jan. 27 Insider

Windows 10’s taskbar is getting a big update with new weather and news widget - The Verge
    To disable the taskbar news widget, use these steps:

• Right-click the taskbar on Windows 10.
    • Select the News and interests menu and choose the Hidden option. Disable taskbar News and Interests.
    • (Optional) Select the Show icon only option if you want to keep the widget using less space in the taskbar.
    I don't know if it works

It works

thomaseg1, May 21, 2021
  4. How to hide or unhide Publishers in News and Interests Taskbar Widget of Windows 10

how to effectively hide or disable the taskbar?

Hi,

Did you try the “Auto-hide the taskbar” option from Taskbar properties?

If you have not tried it, I would suggest you to follow these steps and auto-hide the taskbar:

• Right click on Taskbar.
    • Click on Properties
    • Check the box Auto-hide the taskbar.
    • Click on OK.

Hope this information helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, May 21, 2021
Thema:

How to hide or unhide Publishers in News and Interests Taskbar Widget of Windows 10

1. How to hide or unhide Publishers in News and Interests Taskbar Widget of Windows 10 - Similar Threads - hide unhide Publishers

2. News and interest widget

in Windows 10 Gaming
    News and interest widget: How do you turn on the News and interest widget on window 11 task bar. I have Version 22H2 Build 22621.382 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/news-and-interest-widget/d3a5ef40-f567-4abb-b9c2-e87095203916
  3. News and interest widget

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    News and interest widget: How do you turn on the News and interest widget on window 11 task bar. I have Version 22H2 Build 22621.382 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/news-and-interest-widget/d3a5ef40-f567-4abb-b9c2-e87095203916
  4. widget news and interest

in Windows 10 Gaming
    widget news and interest: News and Interest got chinese characters after updating Windows 11. I dont know how to configure it so I need help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/widget-news-and-interest/33e9f52f-613c-4d91-bc3c-49e9ab77168b
  5. widget news and interest

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    widget news and interest: News and Interest got chinese characters after updating Windows 11. I dont know how to configure it so I need help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/widget-news-and-interest/33e9f52f-613c-4d91-bc3c-49e9ab77168b
  6. News and Interests Widget blank on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    News and Interests Widget blank on taskbar: I searched for this issue beforehand, but while others have had related issues, they did not seem to be quite the same. Also, the recommended fixes failed.My News and Interests Widget is blank, but only on the taskbar. It no longer shows any icon OR information, such at the...
  7. News & Interests/Weather Widget

News & Interests/Weather Widget: Regarding the new News & Interests/Weather Widget, I would like to know how to UNSYNC it across 2 devices using the same account so that both devices can be in different languages. I have SYNC off in Windows settings & also off on Edge settings, yet every time I change the...
  8. News and Interest widget now showing on taskbar

News and Interest widget now showing on taskbar: Hello. I have Windows 10 Pro version 21H1 OS Build 19043.985 and I do not have the "News and Interest" widget on the taskbar. I live in Mexico. I don't know if the region has anything to do with it. Any ideas? Thanks....
  9. How to customize the News and Interests taskbar widget in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to customize the News and Interests taskbar widget in Windows 10: Windows 10 users now have a News and Interests taskbar widget. The feature gives us quick access to an integrated feed of weather, news, sports, etc right on our taskbar. With just a quick hover on the icon, we can quickly peek into it without disturbing our work. In this...
  10. Hide News and Interests in Windows 10

Hide News and Interests in Windows 10: With the next release of Windows 10, Microsoft is testing News and Interests on the taskbar. With News and Interests, you get a quick glance of dynamic content throughout the day. This article discusses how to show or Hide News and Interests in the taskbar. As News and...