Windows 10: How to hide Taskbar & Desktop Icons on Startup on Windows 10

Discus and support How to hide Taskbar & Desktop Icons on Startup on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I only want to see my background when i log in. I've tried unshecking the 'Show desktop icons' option and it works ones after restarting the computer,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BoxP1, Sep 24, 2020.

1. BoxP1 Win User

How to hide Taskbar & Desktop Icons on Startup on Windows 10

I only want to see my background when i log in. I've tried unshecking the 'Show desktop icons' option and it works ones after restarting the computer, but i've to unsheck it again for it to work another time. When it comes to the taskbar i've no clue, thanks in advance, any help is much appreciated.

windows version number: 2004

:)

BoxP1, Sep 24, 2020

2. No icons on desktop after startup only

EagleEye,

Welcome to the forum!

Have you tried toggling the Desktop icons on and off?

• Right-click on an open area of the Desktop
    • Click: View
    • If Show Desktop icons is already checked, uncheck it.
    • Repeat the above steps a time or two.
    • Check: Show Desktop icons

Desktop Icons - Hide or Show in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

If no go on the above, right-click on the empty Desktop, and create a file.

Let us know if they come back on.

cottonball, Sep 24, 2020
  3. Arul_D Win User
    How can I hide the notification icon on my taskbar

Hello,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the steps to hide the notification icon on your taskbar.

• Type Settings on your search bar

• Click on systems

• Select notifications and actions

• Disable all the notifications on the screen
    Hope this information helps. If you have further queries, we will be happy to help.

Arul_D, Sep 24, 2020
  4. How to hide Taskbar & Desktop Icons on Startup on Windows 10

hide the taskbar

Hi

my name is Dennis, I'm an independent advisor and I'll do my best to help today.

follow these steps

1. On any blank area of your Windows 10 taskbar, right click to reveal a list of menu options.

2. At the bottom of the list of options, click on Taskbar settings.

3. In the Taskbar menu, ensure that the option for "Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode" is enabled by clicking to turn the small lever to the right of the option blue.

4. Your taskbar should disappear automatically once the hide options are enabled.

Regards,

Dennis.

DennisDiaz1, Sep 24, 2020
Thema:

How to hide Taskbar & Desktop Icons on Startup on Windows 10

1. How to hide Taskbar & Desktop Icons on Startup on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - hide Taskbar Desktop

2. What happened to desktop icon shortcut on taskbar. On windows 10 when I hide desktop icons....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happened to desktop icon shortcut on taskbar. On windows 10 when I hide desktop icons....: What happened to desktop icon shortcut on taskbar. On windows 10 when I hide desktop icons. There was a shortcut to them on taskbar. Where is that shortcut on windows 11...
  3. What happened to desktop icon shortcut on taskbar. On windows 10 when I hide desktop icons....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What happened to desktop icon shortcut on taskbar. On windows 10 when I hide desktop icons....: What happened to desktop icon shortcut on taskbar. On windows 10 when I hide desktop icons. There was a shortcut to them on taskbar. Where is that shortcut on windows 11...
  4. How to hide icons in taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to hide icons in taskbar?: I see there is an option inside the 'Taskbar settings' saying 'Select which icons appear on the taskbar' but it doesn't. It manipulates the notification area. Where is the option to hide/unhide icons of active programs that appear on the actual task-BAR?...
  5. How to hide icons in taskbar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to hide icons in taskbar?: I see there is an option inside the 'Taskbar settings' saying 'Select which icons appear on the taskbar' but it doesn't. It manipulates the notification area. Where is the option to hide/unhide icons of active programs that appear on the actual task-BAR?...
  6. How to hide icons in taskbar?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. How to Hide Badges on Taskbar Icons in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to Hide Badges on Taskbar Icons in Windows 11: [ATTACH]You can view notifications on your taskbar with the badges on Taskbar icons. However, if you wish, you can hide badges on Taskbar icons in Windows 11 which are by default enabled. Notifications have become a great part of our life. Since we rely mainly on emails and...
  8. Hide desktop icons on startup???

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hide desktop icons on startup???: SOLVED! :) How can I hide all desktop icons? ------------------------------------------------- I know how to hide the desktop icons by right clicking and choosing View then disabling Show unchecked Show Desktop Icons. But how does one make this permanent so that during...
  9. How to hide windows 10 program icons on desktop temporarily?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to hide windows 10 program icons on desktop temporarily?: Im going to a computer repair shop and going to have them take out my battery... its bloated and swollen. When i turn on my laptop, i always have to enter my bitlocker pin... then my windows password and then it goes to my screen. I will be having a repair shop open my...
  10. hiding desktop icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    hiding desktop icons: How do you hide the desktop icons in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hiding-desktop-icons/aaefc1bb-020c-4564-b4ef-2a61f0388a1e