Windows 10: How to hide taskbar on opened programs but not when I returned to desktop?

Discus and support How to hide taskbar on opened programs but not when I returned to desktop? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Is it possible to automatically hide the taskbar when I open a program i.e chrome or word but when I return to my desktop I don't want it to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by shinyshyfly, Jul 5, 2022.

1. How to hide taskbar on opened programs but not when I returned to desktop?

Is it possible to automatically hide the taskbar when I open a program i.e chrome or word but when I return to my desktop I don't want it to be automatically hidden? I remember before I have done it, but it seems like its not working now.I hope you can answer my question. Thank you in advance

:)

shinyshyfly, Jul 5, 2022

2. program to hide the taskbar

Hello,

I Do not recommend you to use third party programs for that kind of things as it might cause system to dysfunction.

I suggest you follow these steps

Right-click on an empty area of the taskbar. (If you're in tablet mode, hold a finger on the taskbar.)

Click taskbar settings.

Toggle Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode to on. (You can also do the same for tablet mode.)

Patricia.Guenot, Jul 5, 2022
  3. how to effectively hide or disable the taskbar?

Hi,

Did you try the “Auto-hide the taskbar” option from Taskbar properties?

If you have not tried it, I would suggest you to follow these steps and auto-hide the taskbar:

• Right click on Taskbar.
    • Click on Properties
    • Check the box Auto-hide the taskbar.
    • Click on OK.

Hope this information helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, Jul 5, 2022
  4. How to hide taskbar on opened programs but not when I returned to desktop?

Windows Taskbar doesn't hide in ANY program when full screen

Hi,

Taskbar that refuses to auto-hide correctly might have caused by a misconfigured taskbar settings. To verify your taskbar settings, kindly follow these steps:

• Right-click on the taskbar and select Settings.
    • Make sure that the Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode
      option is enabled.

Let us know how it goes.

Janeane Cru, Jul 5, 2022
Thema:

How to hide taskbar on opened programs but not when I returned to desktop?

1. How to hide taskbar on opened programs but not when I returned to desktop? - Similar Threads - hide taskbar opened

2. Taskbar Hiding Behind Programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Hiding Behind Programs: Hello!My question concerns the taskbar auto-hide option. I recently found out about this option. Sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. Let me explain.It started with a few programs, such as Google Chrome and Word. When having these programs in full-screen, the taskbar...
  3. How to hide taskbar on opened programs but not when I returned to desktop?

How to hide taskbar on opened programs but not when I returned to desktop?: Is it possible to automatically hide the taskbar when I open a program i.e chrome or word but when I return to my desktop I don't want it to be automatically hidden? I remember before I have done it, but it seems like its not working now.I hope you can answer my question....
  4. How to hide taskbar on opened programs but not when I returned to desktop?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to hide taskbar on opened programs but not when I returned to desktop?: Is it possible to automatically hide the taskbar when I open a program i.e chrome or word but when I return to my desktop I don't want it to be automatically hidden? I remember before I have done it, but it seems like its not working now.I hope you can answer my question....
  5. Auto-Hide Taskbar not reappearing unless I return to the desktop or minimize all windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto-Hide Taskbar not reappearing unless I return to the desktop or minimize all windows: I was hoping an update would resolve this by now as it's such a blatantly obvious issue, but ever since I "upgraded" to Windows 11 the auto-hide taskbar functionality has gotten so much worse. It will not appear unless I hit the Windows key on my keyboard so long as ANY...
  6. Auto-Hide Taskbar not reappearing unless I return to the desktop or minimize all windows

Auto-Hide Taskbar not reappearing unless I return to the desktop or minimize all windows: I was hoping an update would resolve this by now as it's such a blatantly obvious issue, but ever since I "upgraded" to Windows 11 the auto-hide taskbar functionality has gotten so much worse. It will not appear unless I hit the Windows key on my keyboard so long as ANY...
  7. How to hide file names in the taskbar even when they are open?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to hide file names in the taskbar even when they are open?: [IMG] submitted by /u/DarkGladir [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hbed1m/how_to_hide_file_names_in_the_taskbar_even_when/
  8. Taskbar doesn't hide when programs are running

Taskbar doesn't hide when programs are running: Hello, A couple of days ago my taskbar stopped automatically hiding when I have programs open in full screen mode. I already tried going to taskbar settings and selecting "automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode", nothing changed and the taskbar is never hidden....
  9. program to hide the taskbar

program to hide the taskbar: since I need to constantly be hiding and showing the taskbar is there a little program for that? to toggle that function? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-to-hide-the-taskbar/4ec950f5-e436-4703-8879-a1235f9b2767
  10. is there a program that can hide taskbar when i run some programs?

in Windows 10 Support
    is there a program that can hide taskbar when i run some programs?: Hi is there a program that can hide the taskbar when i run photoshop for example? that can hide if there is process starting or running specified by me thanks 71650