Windows 10: How to hide user account name at startup and disable password after logoff

Discus and support How to hide user account name at startup and disable password after logoff in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, How can I hide the user account name during startup, after the windows 10 logo? There is only one account, the admin (me). It signs in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by noob00224, Dec 19, 2018.

1. noob00224 Win User

How to hide user account name at startup and disable password after logoff

Hello,

How can I hide the user account name during startup, after the windows 10 logo? There is only one account, the admin (me). It signs in automatically (no password input).

I have also tried to disable the password after I logoff, but it still asks me for one when I login again.

Thank you.

:)

noob00224, Dec 19, 2018

2. Windows Startup password

Is it possible to remove a startup password without being able to log into the system? A friend's laptop just prompt her today for a password that she never enabled. Now, she does have a standard user account password, but that doesn't work for the startup password. She had the computer for about a year now and it has never asked for a startup password until today.

I tried to use Hiren Boot CD to run a diagnostic on the laptop, but it has a bsod. Windows 10 normal boot crashes as well

GoFigureItOut, Dec 19, 2018
  3. Arul_D Win User
    I can't rename my user account

Hello Owen,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• Are you using a Microsoft account or local account?
    If you are using local account, I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the user name.

Please follow the steps to rename the user account in Windows 10.

a. In the search box, type user accounts and click on User Accounts.

b. Click on “Change your account name”

c. If it’s prompting for password please enter and click on Yes. If you do not have password click on Yes.

d. Enter the new user name.

e. Click on change name.

If you face any more issues while working with Windows do post on Microsoft Community Forum.

Arul_D, Dec 19, 2018
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Dec 19, 2018
Thema:

1. How to hide user account name at startup and disable password after logoff - Similar Threads - hide user account

2. How to logoff the system account and login to my normal user?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to logoff the system account and login to my normal user?: So I just logged into the SYSTEM user somehow not gonna say it and now I don't know how to log off and login to my normal user do I just have to alt+f4 and select log off or smth? [moved from de-de]...
  3. passwords and user names

passwords and user names: Irrespective of using Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome I need to sign in all programs from scratch, plugging in the user name and password, every time I turn on the computer or even sometimes when I just go out of a program and back in. This is true for all programs, eg....
  4. reset account with forgotten passwords and user names

reset account with forgotten passwords and user names: how can I recver loast passwords and e-mails on the e-mail addresses? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-account-with-forgotten-passwords-and-user/f1b0ca57-e640-4aa2-b2ec-7ef16c1f9d2d"
  5. User name on Startup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    User name on Startup: I have been struggling with this problem for sometime now. As my computer starts up and it shows the welcome screen it displays a name. I'm trying to change that name. I've tried many different approaches to change this and get it to stay permanently. On doing my research...
  6. Hide User Name

in Browsers and Email
    Hide User Name: Hello,How do I hide user name from being visible when opening places (not all of them) where I am registered. Password appears like "****...". All that is to do just click on the "Enter" or "Login" button and the door is opened. Answers will be appreciated Thanks 123690
  7. Hide User Name

in Windows 10 Support
    Hide User Name: Hello,How do I hide user name from being visible when opening places (not all of them) where I am registered. Password appears like "****...". All that is to do just click on the "Enter" or "Login" button and the door is opened. Answers will be appreciated Thanks 123690
  8. how to disable password at startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to disable password at startup: Last night I thought I disabled the Login password from the Start menu. When I restarted my computer I didn't have to login. But this morning when I start my computer the Login password box is there again. If anyone knows a way where the Login password is disabled I'd...
  9. User names and Passwords

in Windows 10 Customization
    User names and Passwords: I recently upgraded to Windows 10. It is set to save passwords and asks whether or not I want it to save, which I do. But when I go back to that webpage, it isn't filling in my ID & PW. What do I need to do?...
  10. How to change Account Name and User Name?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to change Account Name and User Name?: I am the sole user of my pc. Under Settings/Accounts my name is:- John Smith my email address Administrator Q1 How do I change this to just:- Pete Administator? Under This PC I have drives C, F and G In C the user is called John In F user called Pete In G...