Windows 10: How to hide windows 10 program icons on desktop temporarily?

Discus and support How to hide windows 10 program icons on desktop temporarily? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Im going to a computer repair shop and going to have them take out my battery... its bloated and swollen. When i turn on my laptop, i always have to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by paulyjustin, Sep 24, 2020.

1. How to hide windows 10 program icons on desktop temporarily?

Im going to a computer repair shop and going to have them take out my battery... its bloated and swollen. When i turn on my laptop, i always have to enter my bitlocker pin... then my windows password and then it goes to my screen.

I will be having a repair shop open my laptop, take out the swollen battery then close it. Then i will turn it on to see if it works... will have it connected to an outlet at the computer shop of course since it has no battery.

Now I want to turn it on... and i want some programs/icons to not be visible because I don't want the person at the shop to see it. Its more of a financial thing with those programs that is shown on the icons. Then when i get back home, i want those icons to show up again on my icon screen. I assume best way to do this is

1. Send all the icons to a specific fold or something? And send them all back to the desktop later on?

2. Click delete on every single program icon and it goes to recycle bin. Then when everything is done and im back home, click on recycle pin and restore back to desktop?

:)

paulyjustin, Sep 24, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 desktop icons not in order

In ccleaner, did you uncheck cleaning the icon cache... have not used in a while; however, I think that is what the option is called.

Now, if you are setting the icons and they move after you have set the settings and not changed them... you may have the "Random Windows 10 Icon movement problem".
    Some people have this and some don't.

Here is a thread on the problem at Windows10 forums: Windows 10: Folder View Settings and Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving

95Viper, Sep 24, 2020
  3. No icons on desktop after startup only

EagleEye,

Welcome to the forum!

Have you tried toggling the Desktop icons on and off?

• Right-click on an open area of the Desktop
    • Click: View
    • If Show Desktop icons is already checked, uncheck it.
    • Repeat the above steps a time or two.
    • Check: Show Desktop icons

Desktop Icons - Hide or Show in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

If no go on the above, right-click on the empty Desktop, and create a file.

Let us know if they come back on.

cottonball, Sep 24, 2020
  4. Naki Win User

How to hide windows 10 program icons on desktop temporarily?

GPU-Z Program Icon Submission

Suggestion to have an option to change Notification Area icon this way too.
    Suggestion to finally have proper separate Options window like most (all?) Windows programs do.

Thema:

How to hide windows 10 program icons on desktop temporarily?

1. How to hide windows 10 program icons on desktop temporarily? - Similar Threads - hide program icons

2. Hide desktop icons on startup???

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hide desktop icons on startup???: SOLVED! :) How can I hide all desktop icons? ------------------------------------------------- I know how to hide the desktop icons by right clicking and choosing View then disabling Show unchecked Show Desktop Icons. But how does one make this permanent so that during...
  3. How to hide Taskbar & Desktop Icons on Startup on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    How to hide Taskbar & Desktop Icons on Startup on Windows 10: I only want to see my background when i log in. I've tried unshecking the 'Show desktop icons' option and it works ones after restarting the computer, but i've to unsheck it again for it to work another time. When it comes to the taskbar i've no clue, thanks in advance, any...
  4. Show/Hide Desktop icons

Show/Hide Desktop icons: Is there a keyboard shortcut to hide or show desktop icons? submitted by /u/Deathpact231 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i193tb/showhide_desktop_icons/
  5. Temporarily hide a drive

Temporarily hide a drive: [ATTACH] I use UltraISO so I do occasionally use drive f but is there any way to hide it unless it has something on it? That isn't the DVD drive though submitted by /u/Ryan_S_Reddit [link] [comments]...
  6. program icons on taskbar will not hide

in Windows 10 Customization
    program icons on taskbar will not hide: Hi, For my Taskbar on my notebook computer I'm able to turn on/off the system icons on the taskbar via Settings - Personalization - Taskbar - Turn system icons on or off However, toggling the program icons such as OneDrive, does not hide them. On my Desktop PC this works...
  7. how do I hide the tool bar temporarily?

how do I hide the tool bar temporarily?: how do I hide the tool bar temporarily? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-hide-the-tool-bar-temporarily/15b071d1-ec2d-4c77-886b-2e1e43421cf2
  8. hiding desktop icons

hiding desktop icons: How do you hide the desktop icons in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hiding-desktop-icons/aaefc1bb-020c-4564-b4ef-2a61f0388a1e
  9. Temporarily hide a folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Temporarily hide a folder: I have some photos on an external drive that I sometimes want to access from the Photos app, but I sometimes want to hide when I'm working in the Photos app. I know I can remove the folder from the app, then add it back, but my recollection is that when adding it back, it...
  10. Hide or Show Desktop Icons in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show Desktop Icons in Windows 10: How to: Hide or Show Desktop Icons in Windows 10 How to Hide or Show All Icons on Your Desktop in Windows 10 [img] Information The desktop is the main screen area that you see after you turn on your PC and sign in to Windows. Like the top of an actual desk, it serves...