Windows 10: How to hide WINDOWS folder(system) permanently?

Discus and support How to hide WINDOWS folder(system) permanently? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Everytime I restart my computer system root folder aka WINDOWS on my C drive keep coming out from hidden status, I already did hide it by right... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Pagefile'sys, Jul 26, 2019.

1. How to hide WINDOWS folder(system) permanently?

Everytime I restart my computer system root folder aka WINDOWS on my C drive keep coming out from hidden status, I already did hide it by right clicking it properties>Hidden checkbox>Apply all folders and subfolders>UAC>Yes>Ignore All and then folder goes into hidden status until I reboot it, clicking IGNORE ALL doesnt do anything with it or without it, either way system folder keep coming back after a reboot. I want to hide it permanently to avoid deletion. I also noticed the folder keep getting refreshed with "time modified" with the time and date when I restart computer.

is there any force hide or something? This recently started to happen. Before you ask, yes I already scanned with Norton and malwarebytes, found nothing.

is possible happening because I'm downloading a game at the moment?

:)

Pagefile'sys, Jul 26, 2019
  2. Suman_B Win User

Temporarily hide a folder

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to hide photos while working on Photos app, In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, we would need some information.

1. Are you aware of any recent changes made on your PC?
    2. What is the version and build of you operating system? In the
      Search box, type winver
      to get this info.

Since it takes a while for the folder to re-populate after removal from the Photos app, I have found a work around to hide the folder from Photos app by changing the hidden attributes.

Follow the steps to hide the Photo/ folder.

1. Right click on the Photo/ folder.
    2. Select properties.
    3. Check Hidden under General tab and hit apply
    4. The photo will be temporally hidden from photos app.

To unhide the Photo/ folder refer the below steps.

1. Click on files explorer.
    2. Select the View tab and check Hidden items to view the Photo/folder
    3. Right click on the Photo/folder
    4. Select properties, Uncheck Hidden and click on apply.
    5. The Photo will re-appear in the Photos app.

Thanks,

Suman.B

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Suman_B, Jul 26, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 26, 2019
  4. How to hide WINDOWS folder(system) permanently?

How to permanently hide Taskbar in Windows 10

Hello Gordon,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Taskbar cannot be permanently hidden, but you can Auto Hide the Taskbar. Auto hiding would Hide the task bar, but when the mouse cursor is brought towards the bottom of the screen, it would reappear.

I suggest you to post your valuable suggestions in Windows feedback app. So that the developers will try to implement it in future Windows 10 Builds to enhance user experience.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Jul 26, 2019
Thema:

How to hide WINDOWS folder(system) permanently?

1. How to hide WINDOWS folder(system) permanently? - Similar Threads - hide folder system

2. How to permanently hide Windows 11 Citrix Workspace app notifications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to permanently hide Windows 11 Citrix Workspace app notifications: I've noticed my Citrix Workspace app now displays these rather obnoxious taskbar notifications which will overlay on top of any other apps how rude. Any way to disable...
  3. how to hide folders in this pc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to hide folders in this pc: HI,I can't find a way to hide downloads music etc from this pc also the cd parition I need to leave only the 3 paritions https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-hide-folders-in-this-pc/2e5edce5-1404-4cd7-ab8e-a8d2a920768b
  4. how to hide folders in this pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to hide folders in this pc: HI,I can't find a way to hide downloads music etc from this pc also the cd parition I need to leave only the 3 paritions https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-hide-folders-in-this-pc/2e5edce5-1404-4cd7-ab8e-a8d2a920768b
  5. how to hide folders in this pc

6. How to assign "system" flag to a folder? Hide folder in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to assign "system" flag to a folder? Hide folder in File Explorer?: Is there a way to assign the "system" flag to a folder in File Explorer (=through GUI)? The only way I found so far is a command line command attrib +s D:\mysysfld\ After having assigned this flag the folder is still shown in File Explorer although I enabled "Hide system...
  7. permanently hide windowed application on startup

permanently hide windowed application on startup: My mouse application (LogiOptions) is unable to be "hidden from sight". I don't want to see it on my taskbar, not even my system tray but I want it to CONTINUE RUNNING in the background. Any app (or even better, without 3ʳᵈ party software) can help to achieve this? 176688
  8. How to permanently hide a "hidden" system tray icon?

How to permanently hide a "hidden" system tray icon?: Hi, I'm not sure if this is question is applicable to this forum because I own Windows 7, but seeing how the system tray features are similar between Windows 10 and 7, I thought of asking in hopes that someone can help. I have a few applications that are left working in the...
  9. How to PERMANENTLY auto hide the taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to PERMANENTLY auto hide the taskbar: It's a freaking bug that let the taskbar not auto hide, to get it working again I need to restart or kill the explorer process and restart it ofc. I even had a fullscreen program running and the freaking taskbar was shown and it wasn't borderless. What cause this bug and how...
  10. Permanently hiding system tray icon

Permanently hiding system tray icon: Hey all, I was looking for a way to hide a certain program's system tray icon. If I use the built in hiding option it still shows when I click the arrow, which is not what I want. I want to completely hide it (stealth). I've been looking for programs to do this but they're...