Windows 10: How to hide 'yesterday', 'last week', etc in Downloads folder

Discus and support How to hide 'yesterday', 'last week', etc in Downloads folder in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Been ignoring updates for over a year but finally installed them and now my Downloads folder is organized in a way I don't like at all. Before... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/osowavy, Nov 5, 2019.

1. How to hide 'yesterday', 'last week', etc in Downloads folder

Been ignoring updates for over a year but finally installed them and now my Downloads folder is organized in a way I don't like at all. Before everything was just there now it's separated by yesterday, last week, last month etc. How do I get it to go back to how it used to be?

submitted by /u/osowavy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/osowavy, Nov 5, 2019
  2. Suman_B Win User

Temporarily hide a folder

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to hide photos while working on Photos app, In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, we would need some information.

1. Are you aware of any recent changes made on your PC?
    2. What is the version and build of you operating system? In the
      Search box, type winver
      to get this info.

Since it takes a while for the folder to re-populate after removal from the Photos app, I have found a work around to hide the folder from Photos app by changing the hidden attributes.

Follow the steps to hide the Photo/ folder.

1. Right click on the Photo/ folder.
    2. Select properties.
    3. Check Hidden under General tab and hit apply
    4. The photo will be temporally hidden from photos app.

To unhide the Photo/ folder refer the below steps.

1. Click on files explorer.
    2. Select the View tab and check Hidden items to view the Photo/folder
    3. Right click on the Photo/folder
    4. Select properties, Uncheck Hidden and click on apply.
    5. The Photo will re-appear in the Photos app.

Thanks,

Suman.B

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Suman_B, Nov 5, 2019
  3. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Nov 5, 2019
  4. Plankton Win User

How to hide 'yesterday', 'last week', etc in Downloads folder

downloads folder

In file explorer, specifically the downloads folder....how does one change the layout of the contents inside the folder. I don't like to see the split level stuff....today, yesterday and earlier this week. I just like it the old way of a single alphabetized list.

Plankton, Nov 5, 2019
Thema:

How to hide 'yesterday', 'last week', etc in Downloads folder

1. How to hide 'yesterday', 'last week', etc in Downloads folder - Similar Threads - hide 'yesterday' 'last

2. how to hide folders in this pc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to hide folders in this pc: HI,I can't find a way to hide downloads music etc from this pc also the cd parition I need to leave only the 3 paritions https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-hide-folders-in-this-pc/2e5edce5-1404-4cd7-ab8e-a8d2a920768b
  3. how to hide folders in this pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to hide folders in this pc: HI,I can't find a way to hide downloads music etc from this pc also the cd parition I need to leave only the 3 paritions https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-hide-folders-in-this-pc/2e5edce5-1404-4cd7-ab8e-a8d2a920768b
  4. how to hide folders in this pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11 New Explorer - How To Disable Age Groupings Today, Last Week, Etc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 New Explorer - How To Disable Age Groupings Today, Last Week, Etc.: What happened in Explorer for Windows 11 to the way to lose the age grouping sortings today, last week, earlier this year, etc. in search results in Windows Explorer? There are a number of solutions to this problem for Windows 10, but it seems like the new streamlined options...
  6. Windows 11 New Explorer - How To Disable Age Groupings Today, Last Week, Etc.

Windows 11 New Explorer - How To Disable Age Groupings Today, Last Week, Etc.: What happened in Explorer for Windows 11 to the way to lose the age grouping sortings today, last week, earlier this year, etc. in search results in Windows Explorer? There are a number of solutions to this problem for Windows 10, but it seems like the new streamlined options...
  7. How to restore personal folders Downloads, Pictures, Documents etc...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restore personal folders Downloads, Pictures, Documents etc...: Hello, I wanna know how to restore deleted personal folders from shell:UsersFilesFolder & User Folder!I have heard that need recreate the folders or it will be generated again if login again, is it possible?I have Windows 11 since August 16th and I really like it, but I don't...
  8. How to restore personal folders Downloads, Pictures, Documents etc...

How to restore personal folders Downloads, Pictures, Documents etc...: Hello, I wanna know how to restore deleted personal folders from shell:UsersFilesFolder & User Folder!I have heard that need recreate the folders or it will be generated again if login again, is it possible?I have Windows 11 since August 16th and I really like it, but I don't...
  9. How do you Disable Explorer's "Today", "Yesterday", and "Last Week" Groups

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do you Disable Explorer's "Today", "Yesterday", and "Last Week" Groups: I like my Downloads displayed as a straight alphabetical list, and not broken down by today, yesterday, and last week. When I go to Downloads this can be done by clicking "view" then "group by" and then "none." Windows, however, does not save that setting and the next time...
  10. Windows download folder is only showing the files I downloaded yesterday

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows download folder is only showing the files I downloaded yesterday: Yesterday I was able to see all of the files I downloaded, however today I tried to go and find them but only the ones that I downloaded yesterday showed up. I've tried looking for hidden files and going into other drives incase they somehow migrated, but had no luck....