Windows 10: How to Highlight Text in Win 10 on Laptop With Keyboard

Discus and support How to Highlight Text in Win 10 on Laptop With Keyboard in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I came from Win 7 and can't figure out how to do this without using a mouse. Haven't been successful with an internet search. Any advice appreciated.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JasWV, Oct 13, 2021.

1. JasWV Win User

How to Highlight Text in Win 10 on Laptop With Keyboard

I came from Win 7 and can't figure out how to do this without using a mouse. Haven't been successful with an internet search. Any advice appreciated. TY

:)

JasWV, Oct 13, 2021
  2. StaceyAQ Win User

Key board being triggered to highlight and erase text

I have an HP Envy using Windows 10. Recently my number pad and backspace key have been malfunctioning at will. They will start a manual highlighting function.. The cursor jumps and begins highlighting the text. Any keyboard stroke or move of the mouse
    continues highlighting text. Any suggestions on why this is happening?t Also pressing the backspace key begins the same highlighting function and pressing it twice deletes a a line or more of text. this can aslo happen when composing an email. Please help.

StaceyAQ, Oct 13, 2021
  3. Lance1 Win User
    Text Suggestions for Hardware Keyboard not working

Hi and Welcome to TenForums aki12. This should work, let us know. "Turn On or Off Text Suggestions for Hardware Keyboard in Windows 10"

Lance1, Oct 13, 2021
  4. Hellopaul Win User

Using the tab key to hop between text fields highlights all buttons

Hello,
    Whenever a dialog box pops up in Windows 10, if it contains text input fields and clickable buttons/radio buttons/checkboxes, pressing the tab key steps through every single item in the dialog box, which is very annoying and, to me, pointless. Do I recall that there might be a way to limit this behaviour so the tab key only highlights text input boxes, and not every single element? I can't find anything useful in Windows 10's Settings/Control Panel - am I missing something or is this not possible?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Hellopaul, Oct 13, 2021
Thema:

1. How to Highlight Text in Win 10 on Laptop With Keyboard - Similar Threads - Highlight Text Laptop

2. blue highlighting in text.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    blue highlighting in text.: i'm now getting blue highlighting in search results. BUT i have tis extension on my laptop that says :Disable Google Search Text HighlightsThis minimalistic extension disables "Scroll to Text Fragment" feature in Google search resultsIf i enable it, it doesn't work. if i...
  3. blue highlighting in text.

in Windows 10 Customization
    blue highlighting in text.: i'm now getting blue highlighting in search results. BUT i have tis extension on my laptop that says :Disable Google Search Text HighlightsThis minimalistic extension disables "Scroll to Text Fragment" feature in Google search resultsIf i enable it, it doesn't work. if i...
  4. Highlighting Text is Opaque

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Highlighting Text is Opaque: Hi,So recently I have been having an issue; whenever I'm highlighting anything on the desktop or in Windows Explorer, it turns an opaque yellow. It was my accent color but I changed it, and even then it is still yellow. When its restarted, the highlight color goes back to...
  5. Highlighting Text is Opaque

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Highlighting Text is Opaque: Hi,So recently I have been having an issue; whenever I'm highlighting anything on the desktop or in Windows Explorer, it turns an opaque yellow. It was my accent color but I changed it, and even then it is still yellow. When its restarted, the highlight color goes back to...
  6. How to Highlight Text in Win 10 on Laptop With Keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Highlight Text in Win 10 on Laptop With Keyboard: I came from Win 7 and can't figure out how to do this without using a mouse. Haven't been successful with an internet search. Any advice appreciated. TY...
  7. highlighting text

highlighting text: i cannot highlight text. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/highlighting-text/4fb85490-8e25-4846-9b6e-63123bc04d65
  8. Highlighting text

Highlighting text: I want to highlight some text in an existing email so that I can copy it and reuse it. But the cursor has changed to a hand symbol - not the usual arrow - and it won't let me highlight. How can I restore it to the normal configuration?...
  9. Can't highlight text

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't highlight text: Ever since a Windows 10 update a while back my mouse has not worked properly. I can't highlight text, or it highlights one word and jumps around. I've tried updating the driver and no luck. What is going on?!!...
  10. Highlighting documents/ texts

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Highlighting documents/ texts: Hi Somehow my setting got changed and I am now NOT able to hightlight text. I use the left click and the mouse pad on my laptop won't move to highlight. What to do?...