Windows 10: How to hold down a key with cmd

Discus and support How to hold down a key with cmd in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I play a game when i need to type a key every time i talk, the push to talk feature. How can i avoid this thing with CMD? Like when i type it hold it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Be4stElectrjc, Feb 24, 2016.

1. How to hold down a key with cmd

I play a game when i need to type a key every time i talk, the push to talk feature. How can i avoid this thing with CMD? Like when i type it hold it down until i push it another time or continues to type C for an infinite time?

:)

Be4stElectrjc, Feb 24, 2016

2. File checker

Did you open Start, type: CMD

Right click CMD then click Run as administrator?

Also, try the following:

Log out and go to the sign in screen.

Hold down the shift key on your keyboard while clicking the Power button on the screen.

Continue to hold down the shift key while clicking Restart.

Continue to hold down the shift key until the Advanced Recovery Options menu appears.

Click Troubleshoot

Click Advanced options

Click Command prompt, try from there.

Andre Da Costa, Feb 24, 2016
  3. Already sign in as administrator but still Access Denied (Defragment and optimize drives)

Open Start, type: CMD

Right click CMD

Click Run as administrator

At the command prompt, type:

defrag c: -u

Hit Enter

See if it defrags. If not.

Log out and go to the sign in screen.

Hold down the shift key on your keyboard while clicking the Power button on the screen.

Continue to hold down the shift key while clicking Restart.

Continue to hold down the shift key until the Advanced Recovery Options menu appears.

Click Troubleshoot

Type the following command then hit Enter:

defrag c: -u

Andre Da Costa, Feb 24, 2016
  4. cradom Win User

How to hold down a key with cmd

Suggestion: remap a mouse key as the push-to-talk button. Most people use the scroll wheel button for this.

cradom, Feb 24, 2016
  5. I use the Xbox One Controller, if just scroll the mouse's wheel button one time is the broadcasting always enabled?

Be4stElectrjc, Feb 25, 2016
  6. cradom Win User
    On most mice the scroll wheel is also a button. Have no idea about that controller.

cradom, Feb 25, 2016
  7. The buttons are a problem, i need to hold them to use the push to tallk. I want to press it not hold it.

Be4stElectrjc, Feb 25, 2016
  8. cradom Win User

cradom, Feb 25, 2016
  9. Solved with AutoHotkey...

Be4stElectrjc, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to hold down a key with cmd - Similar Threads - hold down key

2. Computer holding down keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer holding down keys: Using windows 11 and my laptop keeps randomly holding down the letter “J” and “CTRL” I don’t know how to fix it my software is up to date. I’m plugged in with a keyboard and for some reason the laptop keyboard doesn’t work but the touchpad does. It was working perfectly fine...
  3. Computer holding down keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer holding down keys: Using windows 11 and my laptop keeps randomly holding down the letter “J” and “CTRL” I don’t know how to fix it my software is up to date. I’m plugged in with a keyboard and for some reason the laptop keyboard doesn’t work but the touchpad does. It was working perfectly fine...
  4. Holding down a key to have it repeat

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Holding down a key to have it repeat: My keyboard suddenly stopped functioning. Holding down Windows Key and pressing spacebar fixed that. But then repeating a key by holding it down stopped working.This fixed it:Click Windows icon in lower left corner.Click Settings>Ease of Access>KeyboardTurn off the...
  5. Holding down a key to have it repeat

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Holding down a key to have it repeat: My keyboard suddenly stopped functioning. Holding down Windows Key and pressing spacebar fixed that. But then repeating a key by holding it down stopped working.This fixed it:Click Windows icon in lower left corner.Click Settings>Ease of Access>KeyboardTurn off the...
  6. Program freezes when holding down a key like holding down W key when playing minecraft...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Program freezes when holding down a key like holding down W key when playing minecraft...: Whenever I am using a program or game like, when I play Minecraft, and I hold down the W key to move or any other key, after holding it around 2 seconds, the framerates come to 0 and windows starts to hang but when I leave the key, all comes to normal. An the problem gets...
  7. keyboard can't hold down key and repeats keys

keyboard can't hold down key and repeats keys: my keyboard Repeats letters when i writing like that : pppleeaseeee heeelllppp and i Can't hold buttons in games after formate my pc For example: on csgo i can't move forward:when i hold Z it keeps reseting like I repeat to press that key this problem happend to me before...
  8. Keyboard holding down keys (not physically) when I hold down the key for a several seconds.

Keyboard holding down keys (not physically) when I hold down the key for a several seconds.: For the past couple of months, as described in the title, I have been getting an issue on my Laptop with my keyboard that holds down a key (not physically) after I have held it down for several seconds. I first noticed this when I was playing Minecraft where after holding...
  9. Shift key not working when holding down a key

Shift key not working when holding down a key: Hello, I got a new pc today and i realised i couldnt sprint properly in any games. I changed keyboards thinking that was the problem but I still wasnt able to sprint. When holding down a key and I press shift, the key i was holding will stop typing and nothing happens. I...
  10. Holding down keys and holding down backspace are way too slow.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Holding down keys and holding down backspace are way too slow.: Every time I change the speed back to fast, it reverts back to slow and I don't know why. It is quite frustrating. Can I get help with this?...