Windows 10: How to homegroup network windows 10 & Windows 7

Discus and support How to homegroup network windows 10 & Windows 7 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How to accomplish this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RobGross1, Feb 5, 2020.

1. RobGross1 Win User

How to homegroup network windows 10 & Windows 7

How to accomplish this?

:)

RobGross1, Feb 5, 2020

2. Windows 7 and Home Networking

Cable internet, all computers plugged into the router and what i want is shared and readable on the network. All computers are windows 7 professional and setup with a home network minus the homegroup.

CrAsHnBuRnXp, Feb 5, 2020
  3. OrbitzXT Win User
    Windows 7 & XP Networking Problem

I have two PCs in my room connected to a Linksys router, both had Windows 7 on them and had file sharing enabled through the Homegroup feature. Now I have XP on one PC, and still Windows 7 on the other. I setup the network on my XP PC and had the Windows 7 PC setup properly so that they could network together.

In 'My Network Places' I can see both PC's listed, I can double click the Windows 7 PC from my Windows XP PC and see the folders that I have set to share, but when I double click any of the folders I get an error message saying "\\PC-2\MP3 is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions. Access is denied.

However, on my Windows 7 PC, I can go to network and browse all of the files I have set to share on the XP PC. So what do I need to do so that I can access the files on my Windows 7 PC on my Windows XP PC?

OrbitzXT, Feb 5, 2020
  4. erixx Win User

Advanced Windows 7 Network File Sharing Guide

looks great, will read it sometime in the future (yeah *Wink How to homegroup network windows 10 & Windows 7 ;)

Ah, Windows 7 build-in Firewall has no (bad) effect whatsoever on home networking: it seems clever enough, lol, no need to disable it. (Which is dangerous anyway if you consider that just anybody on the net can read this and make a security mess of his home network. Your suggestion to disable it: I would mark it as "Only for Advanced Users") Same goes for UAC.

Absolutely agree that Homegroup sucksbigtime, what a fiasco!

erixx, Feb 5, 2020
Thema:

1. How to homegroup network windows 10 & Windows 7 - Similar Threads - homegroup network

2. Setup a homegroup or a home network.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setup a homegroup or a home network.: HelloI want to setup a homegroup or a home network.The problem is that I do not manage to setup both PCs to the same homegroup.Printer tells me, that PC 1 is not in same Network as PC 2.Is the problem maybe the Devolo Powerline on which PC 2 is running?Thanks in advance for...
  3. Setup a homegroup or a home network.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setup a homegroup or a home network.: HelloI want to setup a homegroup or a home network.The problem is that I do not manage to setup both PCs to the same homegroup.Printer tells me, that PC 1 is not in same Network as PC 2.Is the problem maybe the Devolo Powerline on which PC 2 is running?Thanks in advance for...
  4. I cant find the Homegroup option in the network sharing centre!!!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I cant find the Homegroup option in the network sharing centre!!!: I am unable to find the HOMEGROUP option anywhere.Is there an alternate way to link all my computers in the floor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-find-the-homegroup-option-in-the-network/4cd402e8-0e06-4c29-9599-ff7562478295
  5. Windows 10 Networking after Homegroup Removed and Workgroup Added

Windows 10 Networking after Homegroup Removed and Workgroup Added: I cannot connect my laptop and desktop after the Windows 10 update. I can see the computers on the network but it keeps giving me an error that I don't have permission and to check with my Administrator. I am the administrator. I don't know how to resolve this issue. Can...
  6. How do I network my Windows10 computers without homegroup in Ver1803

How do I network my Windows10 computers without homegroup in Ver1803: Shame on Microsoft for removing Homegroup from Windows 10 computers. My 3 Windows 7 computers work fine with Homegroup. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-network-my-windows10-computers-without/99c0aa5a-bf8e-4450-ad35-e239192402fc
  7. Windows 10 - Local network without homegroup.

Windows 10 - Local network without homegroup.: I have this problem which I believe should preoccupy other Win 10 users too. Local network with 4 PCs all under win 10 Home version after 1803. Giving permissions to "Everyone" on any of the four allows all other three PCs to share and handle the shared folders. However,...
  8. How to network Win10 to win7 with no homegroup in win 10 now?

How to network Win10 to win7 with no homegroup in win 10 now?: Sorry if this is common but I upgraded a machine to win10 yesterday and I want to transfer over my files from my win7 unit. Home group is talked about a lot in the tutorials on the web but seemingly in a recent upgrade that is no longer an option in win10. So can some...
  9. Windows 10 Homegroup Network Issue

Windows 10 Homegroup Network Issue: Hi, after the latest patch i can no longer access my network locations for example my laptop can no longer access shared folders on my main pc and vice versa, it is a really weird issue one that i newer had before and its a pretty big one :(, hopping you can help me out....
  10. After removal of Homegroup, Windows 10 and Windows 7/8 Comps can't access network folder

After removal of Homegroup, Windows 10 and Windows 7/8 Comps can't access network folder: I had all computers set up through a Homegroup connection after adding the windows 10 computer to the network. When windows updated and removed homegroup from windows 10, the windows 7 computer and the windows 8 computer can no longer access the shared folders on the windows...