Windows 10: How to I access my documents?

Discus and support How to I access my documents? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; For no apparent reason Windows 10 opened on my pc as though it had had a factory reset. First mistake - I should have closed and restarted it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Philip Hunt2, Nov 24, 2022.

1. How to I access my documents?

For no apparent reason Windows 10 opened on my pc as though it had had a factory reset. First mistake - I should have closed and restarted it. Obviously none of my documents were on this "reset" version so I used Start R to copy them across. Second mistake - I didn't copy I cut and pasted. The next time I started windows it opened my usual account with, of course, my documents now gone. I have been unable to recover these from the "reset" Windows. Any ideas? Obviously my real first mistake was not backing up my documents. Thanks, Phil

:)

Philip Hunt2, Nov 24, 2022

2. Prooblems accessing documents

Hi Jilly,

Generally, the Documents folder found under Quick access is the Documents folder built-in to Windows, and not the Documents folder in OneDrive. Since you mentioned that both This PC and OneDrive are giving you the "Location is not available." message,
    do you mean to say that both Documents folders are missing from Quick access?

Based on the screenshot that you've provided, you are accessing your Documents through This PC, instead of Quick access. Have you tried pinning the Documents folder from This PC to Quick access? If not, we suggest that you do. This way, you won't need to
    go through several folders to reach your files.

Here's how:

• Access the contents of of the user account that you're using, in your case, it's the
      jilly folder from This PC > OS (CHow to I access my documents? :) >
      Users > jilly.
    • Right-click on Documents, and then select Pin to Quick access.

Regarding the OneDrive folder, we suggest restoring the Documents folder from the OneDrive recycle bin so we can avoid further errors. You may refer to this
    support article for steps on how to restore deleted files and folders
    in OneDrive.

Is your OneDrive synced to your Windows 10 PC? If so, you can try to restore the Documents folder from
    http://onedrive.live.com. Steps on how to restore deleted files and folders can be found in this
    support article under the
    Restore deleted items section.

Let us know how it turns out.

Patricia Yu, Nov 24, 2022
  3. Rose Ter Win User
    access to Documents and Settings in Windows 10

Hi William,

For us to isolate the issue regarding your access to documents and settings, we will need to ask you a few questions:

• Are you having issues with Microsoft Access?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Since when are you experiencing the issue?
    • Any recent changes made prior to the issue?

Regards.

Rose Ter, Nov 24, 2022
  4. enso Win User

How to I access my documents?

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

Thema:

How to I access my documents?

1. How to I access my documents? - Similar Threads - access documents

2. In Windows 11 my documents folder will not pin to the quick access menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In Windows 11 my documents folder will not pin to the quick access menu: In windows 11 my "Documents" folder will not pin the the quick access area. can anyone help as it is getting to be a pest having to use the "user" route to get to "Documents"...
  3. In Windows 11 my documents folder will not pin to the quick access menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In Windows 11 my documents folder will not pin to the quick access menu: In windows 11 my "Documents" folder will not pin the the quick access area. can anyone help as it is getting to be a pest having to use the "user" route to get to "Documents"...
  4. Cannot pin OneDrive Documents folder to Quick Access after unlinking OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot pin OneDrive Documents folder to Quick Access after unlinking OneDrive: I have windows 11 pro. I recently unlinked OneDrive from my PC. Now my Quick Access no longer shows the shortcut to C:\Users\tanya\OneDrive\Documents. I tried to manually add the shortcut back to Quick Access, but nothing happens. The only way to get back to...
  5. Cannot pin OneDrive Documents folder to Quick Access after unlinking OneDrive

Cannot pin OneDrive Documents folder to Quick Access after unlinking OneDrive: I have windows 11 pro. I recently unlinked OneDrive from my PC. Now my Quick Access no longer shows the shortcut to C:\Users\tanya\OneDrive\Documents. I tried to manually add the shortcut back to Quick Access, but nothing happens. The only way to get back to...
  6. Access denied to local file server document, request for Sharepoint permission

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access denied to local file server document, request for Sharepoint permission: Hello,On some xlsm files stored on my local network folders, I get an "Access denied" message saying I do not have access to view this file and if I would like to request for permission on Sharepoint?This does not make any sense as the file is locally stored on a local file...
  7. Access denied to local file server document, request for Sharepoint permission

Access denied to local file server document, request for Sharepoint permission: Hello,On some xlsm files stored on my local network folders, I get an "Access denied" message saying I do not have access to view this file and if I would like to request for permission on Sharepoint?This does not make any sense as the file is locally stored on a local file...
  8. Can;t access services 'UNABLE TO CREATE DOCUMENT'

Can;t access services 'UNABLE TO CREATE DOCUMENT': I can't access my services it shows "unable to create document"and can't use sfc /scannow it shows "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service." if i want to see any folders properties it would'nt open and when i try to play game it shows "failed to load...
  9. Can;t access services 'UNABLE TO CREATE DOCUMENT'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can;t access services 'UNABLE TO CREATE DOCUMENT': I can't access my services it shows "unable to create document"and can't use sfc /scannow it shows "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service." if i want to see any folders properties it would'nt open and when i try to play game it shows "failed to load...
  10. how to access My Documents on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to access My Documents on Windows 10: how to access My Documents on Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-access-my-documents-on-windows-10/864b2d44-f79c-40ff-a3de-a25dbe381990