Windows 10: How to I change out of S mode?

Discus and support How to I change out of S mode? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I need Google Chrome and my computer apparently is in S mode and will not allow Google Chrome to be added as a browser choice.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Dierenga, May 5, 2020.

1. Dierenga Win User

How to I change out of S mode?

I need Google Chrome and my computer apparently is in S mode and will not allow Google Chrome to be added as a browser choice.

:)

Dierenga, May 5, 2020
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, May 5, 2020
  3. New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, May 5, 2020
  4. How to I change out of S mode?

Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, May 5, 2020
Thema:

How to I change out of S mode?

1. How to I change out of S mode? - Similar Threads - change mode

2. When I change the boot mode in BIOS from legacy to UEFI, My SSD option is not showing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I change the boot mode in BIOS from legacy to UEFI, My SSD option is not showing...: Hi, my name is Nitish. I have a Lenovo IdeaPad S145-15IKB laptop and recently tried to play Valorant on it. I received an error message that said I needed to enable secure boot. After doing some research on YouTube, I found out that I could fix the problem by changing the...
  3. When I change the boot mode in BIOS from legacy to UEFI, My SSD option is not showing...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I change the boot mode in BIOS from legacy to UEFI, My SSD option is not showing...: Hi, my name is Nitish. I have a Lenovo IdeaPad S145-15IKB laptop and recently tried to play Valorant on it. I received an error message that said I needed to enable secure boot. After doing some research on YouTube, I found out that I could fix the problem by changing the...
  4. SSD Doesn't Show when i change boot mode from legacy to UEFI.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD Doesn't Show when i change boot mode from legacy to UEFI.: Hello, My name is Nitish My laptop name is Lenovo IdeaPad S145-15IKB I had recently downloaded Valorant in my laptop and started to play it there was an error it's so that in this version you need to enable secure boot then I Searched the fix in YouTube.In YouTube, they said...
  5. SSD Doesn't Show when i change boot mode from legacy to UEFI.

SSD Doesn't Show when i change boot mode from legacy to UEFI.: Hello, My name is Nitish My laptop name is Lenovo IdeaPad S145-15IKB I had recently downloaded Valorant in my laptop and started to play it there was an error it's so that in this version you need to enable secure boot then I Searched the fix in YouTube.In YouTube, they said...
  6. How to change my active signal mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change my active signal mode?: My monitor usually displays 2560 x 1440 240hz. For some reason the active signal mode is changed which has made my monitor to be capped at 60hz. I tried changing to 240hz but there was no option for it.I had went on list all modes and i cannot find the resolution that i need...
  7. How to change my active signal mode?

How to change my active signal mode?: My monitor usually displays 2560 x 1440 240hz. For some reason the active signal mode is changed which has made my monitor to be capped at 60hz. I tried changing to 240hz but there was no option for it.I had went on list all modes and i cannot find the resolution that i need...
  8. How can I change the color of the black bars in fullscreen mode in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I change the color of the black bars in fullscreen mode in Windows 10?: I play a video game and I have a smaller resolution than my monitor size because I like it and it has bars around it which I am okay with but I don't like that the color of the bars is black and I don't want to stretch the game to fill the screen in order to remove the bars....
  9. How can I change the color of the black bars in fullscreen mode in Windows 10?

How can I change the color of the black bars in fullscreen mode in Windows 10?: I play a video game and I have a smaller resolution than my monitor size because I like it and it has bars around it which I am okay with but I don't like that the color of the bars is black and I don't want to stretch the game to fill the screen in order to remove the bars....
  10. How can I change the color of the black bars in fullscreen mode in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization

Users found this page by searching for:

1. enable s mode