Windows 10: How to I change the Windows username that is assigned to my account?

Discus and support How to I change the Windows username that is assigned to my account? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So some years ago I was installing Windows 10 on to a laptop. During installation I logged in with my Microsoft account. Then it asked for my username... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Wolf68k, Feb 5, 2023.

1. Wolf68k Win User

How to I change the Windows username that is assigned to my account?

So some years ago I was installing Windows 10 on to a laptop. During installation I logged in with my Microsoft account. Then it asked for my username for the device, this is the name that shows up in C:/Users/. I typed it in wrong but had not submitted it, was about to correct it when I got distracted. When I came back to fix it, I accidentally hit Enter. When I tried to go back it only asked me to login to the account but never asked for the username. So I forced restarted it the whole thing to get to the MS account login, but again it skipped asking for the username to use.I've been looking

:)

Wolf68k, Feb 5, 2023

2. change admin username account

Hi
    vasilisnikolo

Are you logged in with the Microsoft account or a local account?

You can follow the steps below to change the username and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X key.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Under view, select large icons.
    • Go to User Account.
    • Click on Manage another account.
    • Select the User Account for which you want to select the password.
    • Click on Change the username.
    • Click on Change Name button.
    Hope this information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Feb 5, 2023
  3. Change username on Windows 10.

Hi Jacob,

You can personalize your username on your account through the Microsoft website. To help you change your account name, we suggest that you follow the steps provided in this article on how to
    change the name on your Microsoft account.
    Once you’re on the page, you may proceed with the steps and complete the process. After completing the steps, you may check if the issue persists.

Keep us updated about your concern for additional assistance.

Joseph Ban, Feb 5, 2023
  4. How to I change the Windows username that is assigned to my account?

Two accounts with same username

I have a school account and a personal account that use the same username. How do I change one of them and assign that account a different username?

GeorgeStevens21, Feb 5, 2023
Thema:

How to I change the Windows username that is assigned to my account?

1. How to I change the Windows username that is assigned to my account? - Similar Threads - change username assigned

2. How to change my username ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to change my username ?: When I copied a path for a shortcut, This Name appears, but this is not my name and is my initials. Please help my how to Change it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-my-username/d538b489-f84d-42d2-bec1-b8d519bb1d00
  3. How to change my username ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change my username ?: When I copied a path for a shortcut, This Name appears, but this is not my name and is my initials. Please help my how to Change it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-my-username/d538b489-f84d-42d2-bec1-b8d519bb1d00
  4. How to change my username ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to I change the Windows username that is assigned to my account?

How to I change the Windows username that is assigned to my account?: So some years ago I was installing Windows 10 on to a laptop. During installation I logged in with my Microsoft account. Then it asked for my username for the device, this is the name that shows up in C:/Users/. I typed it in wrong but had not submitted it, was about to...
  6. How to I change the Windows username that is assigned to my account?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to I change the Windows username that is assigned to my account?: So some years ago I was installing Windows 10 on to a laptop. During installation I logged in with my Microsoft account. Then it asked for my username for the device, this is the name that shows up in C:/Users/. I typed it in wrong but had not submitted it, was about to...
  7. How to change the username of my microsoft account on my windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change the username of my microsoft account on my windows?: So basically, I am on windows 11 and would want to change the username and picture of my account that appears on the login page when I start the window. I was signed up from this account to windows from a long time and no longer have access to it unfortunately, and now I'd...
  8. How to change the username of my microsoft account on my windows?

How to change the username of my microsoft account on my windows?: So basically, I am on windows 11 and would want to change the username and picture of my account that appears on the login page when I start the window. I was signed up from this account to windows from a long time and no longer have access to it unfortunately, and now I'd...
  9. How to change username of logged in account.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to change username of logged in account.: Please Read Hello Everyone! I bought a PC from a seller. And he had an account logged-in in the PC. There is no password. And his username is displayed everytime I turn on my PC. I couldn't find anyway to change it. Please help if there is anyway to do so....
  10. How to change Microsoft account username?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change Microsoft account username?: I recently installed a fresh version of Windows and set it up with my Microsoft account instead of a local account. Now the username for the computer is the first portion of my email. Is there a way to change the actual username where all the folders and registry information...