Windows 10: How to I find the email address used for the admin account on a Win10 PC if I don't have...

Discus and support How to I find the email address used for the admin account on a Win10 PC if I don't have... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I was hired by a company to handle their online marketing, but most of my duties actually turned out to be fixing peoples computer when they've got an... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by EddiePowell1, Aug 21, 2020.

1. How to I find the email address used for the admin account on a Win10 PC if I don't have...

I was hired by a company to handle their online marketing, but most of my duties actually turned out to be fixing peoples computer when they've got an error message or something on the screen. One of the employees here needed to have some software installed on her PC. She doesn't have access to admin so she couldn't do it, and the admin profile was setup by the guy that held my position before I was here, but I can't figure out how to identify the email address used to setup the admin profile. I have access to the G suite admin profile, so I can access or setup if deleted any email tied to our domain.

:)

EddiePowell1, Aug 21, 2020
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Aug 21, 2020
  3. angus Win User
    Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Aug 21, 2020
  4. Kari Win User

How to I find the email address used for the admin account on a Win10 PC if I don't have...

different user accounts, only one email address?

Hi Geoff, welcome to the Ten Forums.

In Windows 10 it is not possible to use the same MS account for more than one user account on the same computer. If User-A signs in with an MS account User-A@AnyEmail.com, that MS account (email address) cannot be used to sign in any other user than User-A. User-B needs to use either a different MS account or a local account. However, you can use the same MS account on multiple computers.

There's no way to work around this restriction.

In your case I would simply install Windows 10 on both computers with a local admin account, then create an additional standard user account as an MS account on both computers using the same email address. If any of the two computers requires the gaming account, too, as you explained I would make this account a local account.

Tutorials:

Thema:

How to I find the email address used for the admin account on a Win10 PC if I don't have...

1. How to I find the email address used for the admin account on a Win10 PC if I don't have... - Similar Threads - find email address

2. How do I get rid of a Microsoft email account that I no longer have. *** Email address is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of a Microsoft email account that I no longer have. *** Email address is...: An expired email account interferes with my ability to sign in to my active account; *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. would you please remove *** Email address is removed for privacy *** from my account.I only have one email *** Email address is removed for...
  3. How do I get rid of a Microsoft email account that I no longer have. *** Email address is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get rid of a Microsoft email account that I no longer have. *** Email address is...: An expired email account interferes with my ability to sign in to my active account; *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. would you please remove *** Email address is removed for privacy *** from my account.I only have one email *** Email address is removed for...
  4. How do I get rid of a Microsoft email account that I no longer have. *** Email address is...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Deleting a personal account that is using the same email address as the Global Admin for...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleting a personal account that is using the same email address as the Global Admin for...: A couple of days ago, I purchased MS 365 for our business using my business email address - which is using our own domain name @[company name].com.The problem is that months ago I had created a personal account for testing the new MS-Teams using the exact same email...
  6. I Don't Have an Outlook.com Address?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I Don't Have an Outlook.com Address?: I am signed in to my Windows device, using the only email I've ever used with Microsoft. I was doing something in Windows, and went to Apps=>Advanced App Settings.In the upper left corner is my name, avatar, and email address that's associated with my MSFT account.But on the...
  7. I Don't Have an Outlook.com Address?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I Don't Have an Outlook.com Address?: I am signed in to my Windows device, using the only email I've ever used with Microsoft. I was doing something in Windows, and went to Apps=>Advanced App Settings.In the upper left corner is my name, avatar, and email address that's associated with my MSFT account.But on the...
  8. How do I remove email address from Win 10 Admin account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I remove email address from Win 10 Admin account: So I just found out that my kid has linked an admin account on a win 10 laptop with an email address that I don't have access to. I have created password protected admin account on the machine so when it boots, I can login as Admin. But I can't remove the email address...
  9. I don't have admin..

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I don't have admin..: Is there a way to delete applications without admin perms on my computer? submitted by /u/UrM8Ash [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ikbrjk/i_dont_have_admin/
  10. I don't have Admin rights,but I am Admin

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I don't have Admin rights,but I am Admin: I bought a new laptop and activated my win 10 OS. I was able to install new programs for awhile,but something changed and now I can't download new programs or update existing programs. Whenever I try to do either,a UAC windows pops-up and tells me to sign-in as Admin and the...