Windows 10: How to I fix jagged stylus writing on Win10? (Comparison Photo)

Discus and support How to I fix jagged stylus writing on Win10? (Comparison Photo) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Good day/evening, I've recently got this Acer Spin 5 2-in-1 laptop. My main issue is that the writing on it is very jagged. Included is a comparison... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/piercerson25, Mar 20, 2021.

1. How to I fix jagged stylus writing on Win10? (Comparison Photo)

Good day/evening,

I've recently got this Acer Spin 5 2-in-1 laptop. My main issue is that the writing on it is very jagged. Included is a comparison using a fresh install of Xournal++. On the left is writing using Linux Mint 20.1, and Windows 10 on the right. You can see how weirdly different my writing is. It's not hardware, and the program is default on both, so I assume it's a Win10 thing. Any ideas?

submitted by /u/piercerson25
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/piercerson25, Mar 20, 2021

2. How to adjust the stylus/pen writing width?

My question is not about calibration, but how to adjust the stylus/pen's writing width in WIN10. The stylus's width is fairly wide by default and causes a lot of transcription errors. A narrow 'ink' setting would fix these problems. I had the same issue
    in WIN7 and there was a setting to fix this (narrow the 'ink'). Where is this setting in WIN10? There is no 'ink' width setting in the Control Panel area for Pen Tablet settings that you describe.

I am using an HP Spectre x360 2-in-1 laptop with a Dell active stylus.

MatthewSteger, Mar 20, 2021
  3. Zaki_j Win User
    Unable to pair stylus

Hi Jennifer,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the photo app crashes and you are not able to pair the stylus.

1. Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently?
    2. Do you receive any error when the photo app closes?

To check which updates were installed recently go to
    Settings > Update & Security >
    Windows update > View installed update history

Refer the article
    Which version of Windows operating system am I running?

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and see if that helps.

For issues with the Photo App:

I suggest you refer and follow the suggestion from the article see if that helps. Refer the article
    Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

For issues pairing the stylus:

I suggest you refer and follow the suggestion from the article see if that helps. Refer the article
    Bluetooth pairing issue - idea laptops, all-in-ones and desktops

Additional Information:

Lenovo Pen Button Configuration Guide

https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/pdf/lenovo-pen-button-config-guide.pdf

How to connect or pair a Bluetooth device - Windows 7, 8 and 10

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht500917

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Zaki

Zaki_j, Mar 20, 2021
  4. Zach.P Win User

How to I fix jagged stylus writing on Win10? (Comparison Photo)

Windows 10 Photos App Jagged Edges on PNG

Hey all, I'm running a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro (v. 1909), GTX 1070ti.

I noticed that my PNG files are appearing with jagged edges within the Microsoft Photos App. I have opened the same file with the deprecated Windows Photo Viewer program and it looks much better. Please see the attached comparison (snip).

I have tried resetting the Photos App which didn't change anything. Any ideas on how to fix this?

How to I fix jagged stylus writing on Win10? (Comparison Photo) 7e569115-0a59-4420-a9de-65ef0ad0110c?upload=true.png

Zach.P, Mar 20, 2021
Thema:

How to I fix jagged stylus writing on Win10? (Comparison Photo)

1. How to I fix jagged stylus writing on Win10? (Comparison Photo) - Similar Threads - fix jagged stylus

2. How to fix hand writing input?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix hand writing input?: Hello,My Handwritten input is not working properly. Like sometimes when 9 am writing in the handwritten input bon the words are not entering. Eg: One Note , sometimes in chrome search box.So how do l improve it ?I will be really greatful if somebody help me out..Thank you....
  3. How to fix hand writing input?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix hand writing input?: Hello,My Handwritten input is not working properly. Like sometimes when 9 am writing in the handwritten input bon the words are not entering. Eg: One Note , sometimes in chrome search box.So how do l improve it ?I will be really greatful if somebody help me out..Thank you....
  4. I need help fixing Jagged text

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help fixing Jagged text: For some reason, all the text on my computer is jagged even though i have anti aliasing on and i have been searching for a solution all day and have not found one, It is very annoying....
  5. I need help fixing Jagged text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help fixing Jagged text: For some reason, all the text on my computer is jagged even though i have anti aliasing on and i have been searching for a solution all day and have not found one, It is very annoying....
  6. write protected photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    write protected photos: How do I remove the write protected from my photos. They were not write protcted on Saturday but when I tried to open them on Sunday they said write protected and woyld not open....
  7. Write Protected photos

in Windows 10 Customization
    Write Protected photos: I can no longer open my new photos that I have downloaded from my camera. I have hundreds of photos and can open those, but the new ones sat "write protected" I know the computer just did a Microsoft update, does that have anything to do with it and how do I fix the...
  8. Write protected photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Write protected photos: It appears that overnight all media (photos, video etc) on my laptop have become write protected! I can't open anything. What did I do? How can I correct the issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/write-protected-photos/a10d044e-5e65-4148-83a3-ec2d15a95a70"
  9. Epson Stylus PHOTO PX710W Printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Epson Stylus PHOTO PX710W Printer: Hello windows10 was updated last Saturday on my laptop and my printer did not work, I have tried to reinstall using disc provided but when I insert disc in the slot no notification appear on screen except a message to scan disc before accessing contents. any suggestions on...
  10. Write Protected photos

in Windows 10 Customization
    Write Protected photos: I can no longer open my new photos that I have downloaded from my camera. I have hundreds of photos and can open those, but the new ones sat "write protected" I know the computer just did a Microsoft update, does that have anything to do with it and how do I fix the...