Windows 10: How to I get downloaded wav files to show in the download folder

Discus and support How to I get downloaded wav files to show in the download folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I download wav files to import into Express Transcribe. Since Windows 10 they do not appear in the download file. How do I get them to show?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DepoSpecia, Oct 12, 2019.

1. How to I get downloaded wav files to show in the download folder

I download wav files to import into Express Transcribe. Since Windows 10 they do not appear in the download file. How do I get them to show?

:)

DepoSpecia, Oct 12, 2019

2. Downloaded files disappear

When you download a file through any browser, there's an option somewhere to 'Open Containing Folder.'

In Windows, to find a file you have downloaded...

1. Open your personal folder by clicking the Start button and then clicking your user name at the top of the Start menu's right pane.
    2. Double-click one of the following folders:
      • Downloads
      • Documents
      • Pictures
      • Videos
      • Music

If you do not see the file you are looking for, but know its file name, you can search for it by following these steps:
    To search for a file you have downloaded...

1. Click the Start button
    2. Type all or part of the file name into the Search box.
      The file you are looking for will appear in the list of results.

teachermark, Oct 12, 2019
  3. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Oct 12, 2019
  4. How to I get downloaded wav files to show in the download folder

Something wrong with downloads?

maybe list the specific file you are trying to download. I also just grabbed a download with no issues, and good speed.

sneekypeet, Oct 12, 2019
Thema:

How to I get downloaded wav files to show in the download folder

1. How to I get downloaded wav files to show in the download folder - Similar Threads - downloaded wav files

2. How can I get my downloads to show on my downloads folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I get my downloads to show on my downloads folder?: I tried looking and trying the other resolutions on here, but I can't find what they want me to change on my computer. My computer can only run on windows 10. I am trying to update it but it says that I need to clear out some space in my downloads, and every time I do, it...
  3. How can I get my downloads to show on my downloads folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I get my downloads to show on my downloads folder?: I tried looking and trying the other resolutions on here, but I can't find what they want me to change on my computer. My computer can only run on windows 10. I am trying to update it but it says that I need to clear out some space in my downloads, and every time I do, it...
  4. How can I get my downloads to show on my downloads folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How to get Windows to show downloaded files as soon as download is finished

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get Windows to show downloaded files as soon as download is finished: I know in the past, that I have downloaded files and found them on my desktop as soon as I minimized the browser. But ever since getting my new laptop Windows 11, I have to right click the desktop and then select the Refresh option, and then the files appear immediately. Is...
  6. How to get Windows to show downloaded files as soon as download is finished

How to get Windows to show downloaded files as soon as download is finished: I know in the past, that I have downloaded files and found them on my desktop as soon as I minimized the browser. But ever since getting my new laptop Windows 11, I have to right click the desktop and then select the Refresh option, and then the files appear immediately. Is...
  7. Download from wav files to media player

Download from wav files to media player: Does anyone know how to download a wav file to media player and/or whether that is possible? Thanks, Barry https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-from-wav-files-to-media-player/6d611326-68d9-4961-9c87-ecbaca97e997
  8. Download from wav files to media player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download from wav files to media player: Does anyone know how to download a wav file to media player and/or whether that is possible? Thanks, Barry https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-from-wav-files-to-media-player/6d611326-68d9-4961-9c87-ecbaca97e997
  9. Is it to show how reverse the order of some files that i downloaded to my Download folder?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it to show how reverse the order of some files that i downloaded to my Download folder?: The main reason i want to do this is so that i can reverse the order of the files when they are imported into Adobe Premiere. I want the first file i download to be first in the sequence and the last file i downloaded to be last in the sequence submitted by...
  10. How do I get downloads to automatically download into the downloads folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I get downloads to automatically download into the downloads folder: A few weeks ago when I downloaded something I had it download to my desktop. Ever since then whenever I download something, it saves to the desktop instead of the downloads folder. How do I get downloads to automatically download into the downloads folder? I've tried...