Windows 10: How to I get M/S Photos NOT to be the default program?

Discus and support How to I get M/S Photos NOT to be the default program? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Yes, I have successfully changed the default applications. But everytime I try to hook up my Samsung s8, It opens Microsoft Photos and then the REAL... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NoneVP, Oct 17, 2018.

1. NoneVP Win User

How to I get M/S Photos NOT to be the default program?

Yes, I have successfully changed the default applications. But everytime I try to hook up my Samsung s8, It opens Microsoft Photos and then the REAL problems begin. PHOTOS is just not ready for prime time.

:)

NoneVP, Oct 17, 2018
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done How to I get M/S Photos NOT to be the default program? :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Oct 18, 2018
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Windows 10 - defaul photo program

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

As I understand that you are not able to see Photo Explosion in the list of default programs, I would suggest you to follow few steps to set Photo Explosion as your default program.

• In the search bar type Default programs and press enter

• Click on associate a file type or protocol with a program

• Select the file type which you want to associate with the photo Explosion.

• After selecting click on change programs

• Check whether you are able to see Photo Explosion in the list.
    Hope this information is useful. Do get back to us for further assistance.

Arul_D, Oct 18, 2018
  4. How to I get M/S Photos NOT to be the default program?

Have snapfish be the default for photos

Hello George,

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in Windows. We will help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and make the Program as default for Photos.

• Press Windows + X keys,
      select Control Panel.

• Select the Default programs and select
      set a default.

• Select Program (Snapfish) and select
      Choose defaults for this program.

• Check select all and click
      save
      and check.
    Hope this helps. If any other issues get back to us. We are glad to help you.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 18, 2018
Thema:

How to I get M/S Photos NOT to be the default program?

1. How to I get M/S Photos NOT to be the default program? - Similar Threads - Photos default program

2. How to avoid default program question when I have default program?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to avoid default program question when I have default program?: I have Okular as a default program for pdf files.When I try to open a pdf file, Windows 10 asks every time what program I want to open that file.I choose Okular as default program.I try to open and Windows asks again.I go to default programs by kind of file and I see that...
  3. How to avoid default program question when I have default program?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to avoid default program question when I have default program?: I have Okular as a default program for pdf files.When I try to open a pdf file, Windows 10 asks every time what program I want to open that file.I choose Okular as default program.I try to open and Windows asks again.I go to default programs by kind of file and I see that...
  4. How to avoid default program question when I have default program?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Can M/S reset password if laptop is registered on M/S account?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can M/S reset password if laptop is registered on M/S account?: Can M/S reset password if laptop is registered on M/S account? Too long to explain, but none of the reset pw options work for me. If M/S can reset, does anyone contact number or email or phone number. I do not care if data is lost....
  6. Downloading M/S works

Downloading M/S works: Anti Virus-Norton Will not let this download - Unsafe _ What to do..? I Like this Program.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloading-ms-works/fa903b4c-7d6f-4828-a445-563ecba9cf81
  7. I get an iaStorAVC.sys failure with RAID M.2's

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I get an iaStorAVC.sys failure with RAID M.2's: I have read the previous post about this failure but my situation is a bit different. I have Z390 motherboard with 2 NVMe drives in RAID 1. I know know I need the drivers installed for Windows to boot, but I never get far enough to add the drivers. Here is the problem: I...
  8. Change default photo import program

Change default photo import program: Whenever I plug a photo card in to my PC, the new Photo Viewer program is launched (which doesn't find the card but that doesn't matter as I don't want to use that program anyway). How can I change the default import program to one of my choice (Lightroom). I can of course...
  9. Photos Won't Default To My Photo Editing Program

Photos Won't Default To My Photo Editing Program: I'm using a Sony a3000 camera, although I don't think that's the problem. When I download photos on my old computer, which is still running Windows7, my photos go straight to my default program, PaintshopPro. On my laptop, which has Windows 10, I have set PaintshopPro...
  10. Photos default program needs to be changed

Photos default program needs to be changed: I messed up big time while installing 10 or shortly after I logged in. Somewhere I unchecked Photos, Mail, Camera and something else. Photos are set to open with TWINUI in properties but has a popout saying 'Element can't be found.' but can be opened in Paint. Everything...