Windows 10: how to i make the OSK pop up automatically when needed?

Discus and support how to i make the OSK pop up automatically when needed? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When i enable it its always up. I'd like it to pop up when i use the touchscreen and select a location where text can be inputted. I'd like it to go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by sfarquharson, May 15, 2024.

1. how to i make the OSK pop up automatically when needed?

When i enable it its always up. I'd like it to pop up when i use the touchscreen and select a location where text can be inputted. I'd like it to go away when there is not text field selected

:)

sfarquharson, May 15, 2024
  2. tmartin32 Win User

Windows 10 OSK Suggestions Pop-Up

How do I stop the OSK from displaying a top-three suggestions pop-up from floating over the text-input area? This is in addition to the suggestions offered on the OSK itself, and it's never done anything useful--usually the opposite. If I turn off suggestions,
    I don't get any suggestions at all.

There seems to be two different OSK's. One comes up when there's no attached keyboard (which I set in keyboard/typing options), and the other is available in accessibility options. There's no circumstance in which I want suggestions floating over the text-input
    area, and there's no consistent way to dismiss them when they're blocking my view.

I'd submit screenshots, but there's no print-screen key on the OSK.

tmartin32, May 15, 2024
  3. OSK popping up when disabled

Hi Pam,

I realize that you are facing issues with on-screen keyboard.

1. What are the other troubleshooting steps that you tried to resolve this issue?

2. When exactly does the OSK pop-up?

3. Does the on-screen keyboard pop-up only when you touch the screen (text entry field like search box on the taskbar)?

4. If yes, did you follow the below steps and check?

1. Press Windows Key + W and type in Services and hit enter.

2. Scroll down for Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service and double click to open properties.

3. In the Startup type drop down menu select Disabled.

4. Under Service Status, if it is still running hit Stop.

5. Now click on Apply.

If not, please try the given suggestions and check if it helps.

Thank you.

Deepak Kodi, May 15, 2024
  4. how to i make the OSK pop up automatically when needed?

How do i set the prefered OSK to pop up?

When I use the OSK, the first screen that pops up is the handwriting OSK, I have to select the full size OSK every time.

In explorer a different OSK pops up sometimes.

How can I select the DEFAULT OSK.

In the useless windows help it states to use the "options" key. There is NO options key in win 10 OSK!!!!

Thanks

baylinerman, May 15, 2024
Thema:

how to i make the OSK pop up automatically when needed?

1. how to i make the OSK pop up automatically when needed? - Similar Threads - OSK pop automatically

2. how to i make the OSK pop up automatically when needed?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to i make the OSK pop up automatically when needed?: When i enable it its always up. I'd like it to pop up when i use the touchscreen and select a location where text can be inputted. I'd like it to go away when there is not text field selected...
  3. How do I make these pop-ups stop when plugging in a USB thumb drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I make these pop-ups stop when plugging in a USB thumb drive?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/CGman67 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jw91jw/how_do_i_make_these_popups_stop_when_plugging_in/
  4. How do you bring the clipboard into focus automatically when it pops up?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do you bring the clipboard into focus automatically when it pops up?: I'm talking about the clipboard that pops up with Win + V Sometimes it pops up in focus, sometimes not, depending on what windows are maximized. For example, if Chrome is maximized when the clipboard is called, it won't appear in focus. How do you have the clipboard always...
  5. Make OSK default KB in tablet mode?

in Windows 10 Support
    Make OSK default KB in tablet mode?: Win 10 has 2 types of keyboards. A touch screen keyboard and the on screen keyboard. I would like to make the on screen keyboard the default keyboard for tablet mode. Is it possible? 144633
  6. Issues with Notepad automatically popping up.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issues with Notepad automatically popping up.: Somehow my windows 10, declares that I do not administrative permissions concerning C:/windows/system32/restore/machineguid.txt. this message just keeps on popping up every few seconds and states you do not have permission see owner of file or see administrator to gain...
  7. Make keyboard pop up automatically in tablet mode and other keyboard questions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Make keyboard pop up automatically in tablet mode and other keyboard questions: Hi The subject says it all. When I go to keyboard in settings I don't see a switch to turn on automatically turn on keyboard. In tablet mode is there a difference between the pop up keyboard and the regular keyboard? When I am using the Windows 1809 release, which is...
  8. How to make pop-ups appear in the background?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to make pop-ups appear in the background?: When I am playing the games, different pop-ups and notifications from email, browsers, social media websites show up destructing me from the game. Please recommend how I can adjust the settings to make pop-ups appear in the background so that I don’t have to click on the...
  9. Make a program pop up when action required

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Make a program pop up when action required: Hi, im just wondering is there any way i can make a program pop up when action is required? Like i have 2 VM's running and want to minimize them instead of having them open on the screen and taking up space.Unity mode is fine but they are still on the screen. It would be...
  10. How do I make touch keyboard always pop up automatically

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I make touch keyboard always pop up automatically: I have recently purchased HP Pavilion x360, 14ba075tx. I have set the touch keyboard to "show the touch keyboard when not in tablet mode and there's no keyboard attached" In Spite of this, setting does not seems to remain forever. It gets pop up automatically only...