Windows 10: how to i not have to enter pin or password when turn computer on

Discus and support how to i not have to enter pin or password when turn computer on in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; how to i not have to enter pin or password when turn computer on... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Marlene_953, Feb 19, 2019.

1. how to i not have to enter pin or password when turn computer on

how to i not have to enter pin or password when turn computer on

:)

Marlene_953, Feb 19, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Entering Password to login to computer after turning it on. Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check, if it helps:

• Open settings

• Click on Users and account

• Open Sign-in options and tap the
      Change button under Password.

• Enter the current password and click Next.

• There you can remove the pin password

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Feb 19, 2019
  3. SeabeeEO Win User
    Entering Password to login to computer after turning it on. Windows 10.

Hi Arun,

I dont think you understood what is happening with the login.

I'll try to explain the problem .

First of all, there is no pin password to remove, so the steps you suggested do not work.

When I first turn on the computer & the computer boots up, my login screen appears as it should.

Then I begin to enter my password.

It will not allow me to type in more than 4 digits of my password.

Example: Password is 9 digits , it will only allow you to enter 4 of them.

So, of course the computer cant recognize my password because it isnt fully entered.

What I have to do then is restart the computer, it reboots again, login screen appears, & Im able to enter all the digits of my password, instead of only 4.

Im sure this is the same issue other folks are having also in regards to logging in to their computer after startup.

Why restarting the computer again corrects the login problem is a mystery ,but it does work.

Its just a hassle that I shouldnt have to go through just to enter my password .

If this is what I will have to do all the time with Windows 10, I will just go back to Windows 7 Pro.

It actually works as it should.

SeabeeEO, Feb 19, 2019
  4. how to i not have to enter pin or password when turn computer on

Have PIN for Windows 10 but need Windows password

Hi,

To set up a PIN on your Windows account, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Type the word pin in the search box and select
      Set up PIN sign-in

• Under the PIN section, click the
      Add
      button.

• Enter the password for your user account, then click the
      OK button.

• Follow the instructions on the screen.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Feb 19, 2019
Thema:

how to i not have to enter pin or password when turn computer on

1. how to i not have to enter pin or password when turn computer on - Similar Threads - enter pin password

2. Turn OFF windows PIN AND the need to enter Microsoft PASSWORD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn OFF windows PIN AND the need to enter Microsoft PASSWORD: I received an answer to this question and it seemed to have worked . . . . only it didn't. I had to go through a lot of steps because all my Usernames and Passwords and PINs are stored on the computer and I could not log in. Had to use the forgot password way. Please tell me...
  3. Tired of entering a pin in order to autofill a password. How do I turn it off?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Tired of entering a pin in order to autofill a password. How do I turn it off?: When I go to an internet account and it asks me for user name and password. I have passwords saved in google, before it will auto fill, Windows asks for my pin. I am tired of entering a pin in order to autofill a password. How do I turn it off?...
  4. Tired of entering a pin in order to autofill a password. How do I turn it off?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tired of entering a pin in order to autofill a password. How do I turn it off?: When I go to an internet account and it asks me for user name and password. I have passwords saved in google, before it will auto fill, Windows asks for my pin. I am tired of entering a pin in order to autofill a password. How do I turn it off?...
  5. Tired of entering a pin in order to autofill a password. How do I turn it off?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. how to enter my computer when I can't reset my PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to enter my computer when I can't reset my PIN: So apperently I need to make a new pin to enter my laptop and to make a new pin, I need to verify using my phone number use a code which I don't even know exists. The phone number was my previous one which does not exist anymore. I tapped on the security info change and it is...
  7. how to enter my computer when I can't reset my PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to enter my computer when I can't reset my PIN: So apperently I need to make a new pin to enter my laptop and to make a new pin, I need to verify using my phone number use a code which I don't even know exists. The phone number was my previous one which does not exist anymore. I tapped on the security info change and it is...
  8. I don't need to have a password or pin when I turn on my computer. How do I get rid of it???

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I don't need to have a password or pin when I turn on my computer. How do I get rid of it???: I need to remove the sign in password and /or pin when I turn on my computer. I was able to do that up until a few days ago, but when Microsoft did an update, they changed my settings and I want to get rid of having to sign in everytime I restart my computer. Hope you can...
  9. Sign in to computer without having to enter a password OR pin.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign in to computer without having to enter a password OR pin.: I now use a LOCAL ACCOUNT to sign in to my computers WITHOUT a pin or password, BUT I get email after email telling me to verify my account. I have blocked, designated as junk, reported them as phishing and they still come everyday. I want to see if I start logging in with my...
  10. Windows 10 - I never want to have to enter a password or a PIN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 - I never want to have to enter a password or a PIN: Just recovered after a Win 10 update disaster. (Thanks to some helpful people on this forum) This version of 10 is a bit different than the previous. The NETPLWIZ solution does not work - the box for for Users Must Enter...etc remains unchecked and the lock screen persists....