Windows 10: how to I restrict access to a folder?

Discus and support how to I restrict access to a folder? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Like can I AT LEAST require users to enter an admin password again??? idk why is option is not available. like maybe I want someone to help edit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HaoSun, Dec 18, 2018.

1. HaoSun Win User

how to I restrict access to a folder?

Like can I AT LEAST require users to enter an admin password again???

idk why is option is not available. like maybe I want someone to help edit something on my main account but like you know some stuff is off limits.

:)

HaoSun, Dec 18, 2018
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. Restricting Access to Folders on a network

Hi. We have a Windows Home Server 2011 with a network share, and 4 laptops attached to this. We use a backup system on the server - Cloudberry backup to Amazon S3, and I want to restrict access to a certain folder (and all sub folders) on the network so
    that only one particular user and the server/backup system can access it. However, whenever I try to restrict access, it restricts it on the server as well, which means the backup fails. I have tried using ICACLS on the command prompt, but that didn't seem
    to work across all the subfolders within - there are quite a lot of folders within folders, so could that be the problem? I am not an IT expert by any stretch of the imagination, so if anyone could provide me with an idiots guide of how to do this, that would
    be much appreciated!

Thanks

VickiMerriman, Dec 18, 2018
  4. how to I restrict access to a folder?

Folder access

Do you have restricted folder access in security Center settings?

Exception should be in a list under Windows firewall.

Type both into start search to locate.

Greg Carmack - MVP, Dec 18, 2018
Thema:

how to I restrict access to a folder?

1. how to I restrict access to a folder? - Similar Threads - restrict access folder

2. how to restrict access to change security permissions for files and folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to restrict access to change security permissions for files and folders: i want to restrict access to change security settings in user folder like everything will be greyed out and you can't click it shown in the image above i want to do this for my "User" folder as last time all permission for groups was denied and the next time i opened my...
  3. how to restrict access to change security permissions for files and folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to restrict access to change security permissions for files and folders: i want to restrict access to change security settings in user folder like everything will be greyed out and you can't click it shown in the image above i want to do this for my "User" folder as last time all permission for groups was denied and the next time i opened my...
  4. how to restrict access to change security permissions for files and folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. IT policies may be restricting access to this folder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    IT policies may be restricting access to this folder: I am trying to install Discord but whenever I download DiscordSetup It says "IT policies may be restricting access to this folder". I have tried turning off the User Control settings in both Pontrol Panel and Registry and it still says the same thing.I hope you can help me...
  6. How to Access Denied Restricted Folder in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Access Denied Restricted Folder in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Trying to access restricted folders in Windows 10 but unable to do so? This guide will show you how to access the Access Denied or Restricted folder and its content on Windows 10 using different methods. When trying to access some folders and their content on Windows,...
  7. It policies may be restricting access to this folder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    It policies may be restricting access to this folder: Hi! Can any tell me how can I solve this issue when I try to install MS team my laptop showing the error "it policies may be restricting access to this folder" If anyone knows how to solve it please share it as soon as possible...
  8. IT policies may be restricting access to this folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    IT policies may be restricting access to this folder: was attempting to download and install "Discord' and when I clicked on the exe it gave me this nbotification. I am confussed as many other programs install fine.. I am the only admin and only user of this PC and not understanding why I am getting this notification....
  9. Microsoft Store WindowsApps folder restricted access to folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store WindowsApps folder restricted access to folder.: Long story short, downloaded football manager 19 and wanted to add a league DB which I was able to do from my other FM games through the steam workshop and wanted to add my Canadian league so I can play in that league since FM never adds that league to their DB. I download...
  10. How to restrict standard user access to folders

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to restrict standard user access to folders: On my secondary hard drive, I have some folders that I don't want standard users to see or access. How can I go about doing this? Thanks! 17727