Windows 10: How to I set screen time to not count during school hours

Discus and support How to I set screen time to not count during school hours in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My kids are part of a bring your own device program at school. I would like to set between 8:30 and 2:30 to not count toward their daily screen time... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by dana44, Feb 5, 2021.

1. dana44 Win User

How to I set screen time to not count during school hours

My kids are part of a bring your own device program at school. I would like to set between 8:30 and 2:30 to not count toward their daily screen time limit and never lock their screen. How to i allow list these hours?

:)

dana44, Feb 5, 2021

2. Screen Time Limits Just Outside School Hours?

With the pandemic causing my kids to do school from home I've found I'd like a little more refinement in screen time limits. I'd essentially like there to be no limit during school hours and then to have normal limits after that. Since the amount of
    screen time used for school each day is variable, I can't just add x hours to the normal leisure and creative time limit. Is there a way to set this up in the normal family group settings? Multiple blocks within the day that have different rules?

Defenestrar, Feb 5, 2021
  3. How to set App Limits/Screen Time for School vs. Home/Fun

Now that school has started, I'm sure others will appreciate this question as we deal with our children learning from home.

What is the best way to set up app limits and screen time?

i.e., during the day I want my daughter to have access to her browser and zoom.

After school, I want to limit her to only an hour of "other stuff".

My other question is how to device screen time and app limits work together? If I allow an app to be used for 6 hours, but the Device limit is only 1 hour, will they be able to use the app for 6 hours and then all other apps that are undefined accumulate
    to that hour?

Thanks!!

ChrisVoisey, Feb 5, 2021
  4. How to I set screen time to not count during school hours

Unable to set the times for "quiet hours"

Hi Dave,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Quiet Hours configuration

The default configuration for quiet hours in Windows 10 client is:

• The feature is enabled by default on all machines
    • The window of time when it can be engaged is from
      12 midnight to 6 AM
    • Notifications related to calls from VOIP lock screen call capable apps and Alarms are allowed to come through.
    The user can disable the feature, or change the times of quiet hours, and/or determine if calls are allowed through the
    Quiet Hours Settings screen. Settings are on a per-user basis only.

Quiet Hours settings screen

• Type Settings in search bar.
    • Click the Search and Apps tab, then click
      Notifications
    • Scroll until you see the Quiet Hours options.

Hope the information helps.

Let us know if you need further assistance with Windows related issues. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Feb 5, 2021
Thema:

How to I set screen time to not count during school hours

1. How to I set screen time to not count during school hours - Similar Threads - set screen count

2. The screen on time is 24 hours.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The screen on time is 24 hours.: Hello. When I turned on my laptop today, I found that the screen on time was 24 hours. Last night I decided to turn off fast startup 1 time, holding down the shift. Tonight I found a very long screen on time. Tell me is it okay?...
  3. Unlimited screen time during school hours

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unlimited screen time during school hours: I've setup "screen time" usage for my daughter's laptop - am familiar with multiple schedules within days and the like. I am looking to discover a solution for configuring screen time restrictions to only apply outside of school hours as she uses her laptop at school....
  4. ? on file counts during scans

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    ? on file counts during scans: I have Malwarebytes paid on my 20H2 desktop. After running full scans with MB, it had shown 302k files. With Windows defender full scan showed 791k files . Why is that ? ...thanks in advance. 178962
  5. How can I block Discord during school hours while child is remote learning?

How can I block Discord during school hours while child is remote learning?: I don't see it on the list of apps, so the only thing I can do is block the URL. I don't mind her being on it after school, but it is an issue to be on while she's remote learning. How can I block it between 8am and 3pm?...
  6. Screen Time Limits Just Outside School Hours?

Screen Time Limits Just Outside School Hours?: With the pandemic causing my kids to do school from home I've found I'd like a little more refinement in screen time limits. I'd essentially like there to be no limit during school hours and then to have normal limits after that. Since the amount of screen time used for...
  7. How to set App Limits/Screen Time for School vs. Home/Fun

How to set App Limits/Screen Time for School vs. Home/Fun: Now that school has started, I'm sure others will appreciate this question as we deal with our children learning from home. What is the best way to set up app limits and screen time? i.e., during the day I want my daughter to have access to her browser and zoom. After...
  8. blocking apps and games during school hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    blocking apps and games during school hours: During the pandemic lockdown I have been exploring different solutions to block my son from playing video games during his online education time. I thought the microsoft family link would help but can't seem to be able to block a game etc. Minecraft from 8:30-3:30. He logs...
  9. Updating for 8 hours and counting

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updating for 8 hours and counting: On my HP 255 G2 Notebook PC , I got a message that the April 2018 version was no longer supported which baffles me because this laptop did not have Windows 10 until August 2019 when I used the Free Upgrade Tool saved from Microsoft when I updated another PC. No clue why it...
  10. How do I set the computer clock to 24 hour time?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I set the computer clock to 24 hour time?: How do I set the computer clock to 24 hour time? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-set-the-computer-clock-to-24-hour-time/573ad9b2-4543-4d44-b5de-1f8d8eedc236