Windows 10: How to I stop MoUsoCoreWorker.exe from running or get it to run & end?

Discus and support How to I stop MoUsoCoreWorker.exe from running or get it to run & end? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Win10: v20H2 (OS Build 19042.804) This has only been a issue for the last few weeks, not entirely certain but I believe since the last monthly Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BazzaG, Feb 19, 2021.

1. BazzaG Win User

How to I stop MoUsoCoreWorker.exe from running or get it to run & end?

Win10: v20H2 (OS Build 19042.804)

This has only been a issue for the last few weeks, not entirely certain but I believe since the last monthly Windows update in February and certainly not before the January update.

PS C:\Windows\system32> powercfg /requests

DISPLAY: None.

SYSTEM: None.

AWAYMODE: None.

EXECUTION: [PROCESS] \Device\HarddiskVolume3\Windows\System32\MoUsoCoreWorker.exe
    USO Worker

PERFBOOST: None.

ACTIVELOCKSCREEN: None.

I've search here & elsewhere and I see a lot of threads about MoUsoCoreWorker.exe waking PC's from sleep. My problem though is MoUsoCoreWorker.exe prevents my PC from going to sleep.

I'm aware that it has something to do with Windows Update, so it's I'm guessing MoUsoCoreWorker.exe is not something I can or should delete or anything similar.

If I reboot my PC then immediately after the reboot MoUsoCoreWorker.exe is NOT listed when I run the powercfg /requests cmd. However, 30 mins or so later it is listed. I suspect MoUsoCoreWorker.exe is added when Windows does a scan for updates but I'm not 100% certain of that.

According to the Window Update page, there are NO updates and Windows last checked: Today, 11:55am.

Which is a X mins after I rebooted the PC.

I'm also aware that I can "override" the request by doing:

powercfg /requestsoverride process MoUsoCoreWorker.exe

I presume that Widows adds MoUsoCoreWorker.exe to the EXECUTION category for a reason but some bug means that Windows is not removing it. I don't know what the impact would be if I were to override the request.

So to my questions:

* Is this a known bug in Windows (see vers & build # above)? If so, has MS released a fix? If so, what is the KB number and where can I download the fix?

* If there is currently no fix available, what can I do resolve the issue? Would running the override cmd above be a suitable work-around? If not, what else can I do?

Many Thanks in advance

:)

BazzaG, Feb 19, 2021
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Can't run .exe file

Hi Phil,

There are several reasons why you are having issues running .exe files on your Windows 10 laptop. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your laptop prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What is the error message that you received when running .exe files?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Feb 19, 2021
  3. USB drive will not run exes.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will help you in solving the issue.

To assist you better, I would like to ask if you have installed any Antivirus in the Laptop.

I suggest you to run the program in compatibility mode by following the steps provided below and check if the issue persist.

• Right click on the “.exe” file of the program and select properties.
    • Under Compatibility tab, check the option for “Run in Compatibility mode”.
    • Select the Operating System from the drop down list.
    • Click on Apply and OK.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 19, 2021
  4. John Sarc Win User

stoping running programs

Hi,

There are certain apps in Windows that aren't possible to be stopped as they're needed by your system. If you want to stop certain apps to be stopped from running in the back ground, follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key, and type in "task manager".
    • Choose Task Manager > More details.
    • Right-click on the apps that you want to stop from running, and click on
      End task

Let us know what happens after following the suggestion.

John Sarc, Feb 19, 2021
Thema:

1. How to I stop MoUsoCoreWorker.exe from running or get it to run & end? - Similar Threads - stop MoUsoCoreWorker exe

2. I have an exe file that is running the background won't stop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have an exe file that is running the background won't stop: How do i terminate the exe file in the background, its not appearing on task manager, i am using Process Explorer to find the exe that is running, it i could just terminate the exe there I would but it not giving me the access to do that, I am running Process explorer in...
  3. I have an exe file that is running the background won't stop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have an exe file that is running the background won't stop: How do i terminate the exe file in the background, its not appearing on task manager, i am using Process Explorer to find the exe that is running, it i could just terminate the exe there I would but it not giving me the access to do that, I am running Process explorer in...
  4. running .exe command

in Windows 10 Customization
    running .exe command: I am using mingw compiler. while i am running a CC++ program works fine program it compiles successfully but when i ran it i am facing a problem.I am getting that access is denied.I tried reinstalling but nothing has changed.I am facing this problem when i am connected to...
  5. No exe files will run!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No exe files will run!: No exe files will run. This includes, Command Prompt, regedit, reset get started or anything else that has exe file during exicution. Using windows 10, on a hp envy laptop. *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  6. Running a .exe with no GUI

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Running a .exe with no GUI: I use Linux on my home computer, but at most other places it’s Windows 10. I created a Python script to ask the user for a password and if it’s correct it’ll display my passwords. This is obviously insecure because the user could edit the file and see all the data that’ll be...
  7. Exe file will not run - can't find a way to get it to run

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Exe file will not run - can't find a way to get it to run: I am trying to run a .exe file for some software but it gets blocked. I can not find a way to get it to run. I have tried as Administrator, there is also no tick box under file/properties to 'unblock' the file. I added an inbound and outbound rule to my Windows Defender to...
  8. how to stop updates from running

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how to stop updates from running: windows home edition 64 bit I occasionally disable windows updates from d/l to save bandwidth usage today I did that and it says stopping but after several hours hasn't. how can I spot it without using system restore? 127510
  9. RUN won't 'run' EXE files

in Windows 10 Support
    RUN won't 'run' EXE files: Since 1803 was loaded on 3 of my Dell laptops (various models) I've discovered that the RUN function (under Windows Start Button) won't "run" an EXE file that is located in my download folder. Same response on 3 different laptops. I have a history of the APP for these EXEs...
  10. Can't run .exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't run .exe: An update to AVG was performed on our computer. After that ran, when we try to open any program we receive the message: xxxx.exe- Application error the application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000135). Click OK to close the application. This occurs for any...