Windows 10: how to I turn the number lock key to stay on at startup

Discus and support how to I turn the number lock key to stay on at startup in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Every time I shut down my computer, the number lock turns off. When I start up my PC every day, is there an option that automatically will turn my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HeidiMartin1, Sep 18, 2018.

1. how to I turn the number lock key to stay on at startup

Every time I shut down my computer, the number lock turns off. When I start up my PC every day, is there an option that automatically will turn my number lock key on on my wireless keyboard?

:)

HeidiMartin1, Sep 18, 2018

2. How do I make Num Lock default to 'ON' at startup (& then stay on!)?

Hello. How do I make my Num Lock default to the 'ON' setting at startup? At the moment, it defaults to off, and I have to press the Num Lock key each time to turn it on. It was always on by default in Windows 7 previously.

I have tried changing the code in Regit to 2147483650, as suggested somewhere online, and also to 80000002 as suggested somewhere else! But neither ensure that Num Lock comes on automatically at startup and then stays on permanently, which I want it to
    do. (Not wishing to make things complicated, one of those numbers seemed to make it turn on at the Windows 10 Lock/Login page, but then turn off afterwards!)

I use the numeric keypad a lot, so any helpful assistance gratefully received.

Franniefanakapan, Sep 18, 2018
  3. Numbers Lock is disabled on startup

Hi,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family. We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

I would suggest you to refer the suggestions provided by Nil_G from the following link and check if it helps.

Windows 8 / 8.1 - Num Lock on startup screen

Note: This link is applicable for windows 10 also.

If the issue persists, you can refer to the suggestion by Vinod N from the following link and check.

Number lock key not on after a restart or startup
    Note: This link is applicable for windows 10 also.

Registry disclaimer: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you
    modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Swathi1709, Sep 18, 2018
  4. how to I turn the number lock key to stay on at startup

Number Lock doesn't stay on!!!

I guess I did not word my problem correctly. After logging on, and turning number lock on, it works until I restart or turn off computer. I then have to manually turn number lock back on. I have a wired keyboard but that has absolutely nothing to do with
    the number lock not staying on. I had tech help with this problem and they said it is Windows 10 problem. Can anyone help me????

happyhomemaker, Sep 18, 2018
Thema:

how to I turn the number lock key to stay on at startup

1. how to I turn the number lock key to stay on at startup - Similar Threads - turn number lock

2. how do i turn on number keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i turn on number keys: how do i turn on number keys https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-on-number-keys/b4f39b3a-cbbd-48e7-958c-c1bc56931c2e
  3. how do i turn on number keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do i turn on number keys: how do i turn on number keys https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-on-number-keys/b4f39b3a-cbbd-48e7-958c-c1bc56931c2e
  4. how do i turn on number keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. how do I turn on the numeric lock key on the key pad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I turn on the numeric lock key on the key pad: i am unable to get my numeric keys to work on the key pad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-on-the-numeric-lock-key-on-the-key/81c0093b-5a3d-43bb-a209-224ceb56acf7
  6. HP Laptop Number Lock key turns off

in Windows 10 Support
    HP Laptop Number Lock key turns off: This problem has plagued all computers that have the windows 10 and it's various versions numbers. It is not a startup problem. Never has been for me and probably never will. But for the life of the devil that possess my computers the num lock key just randomly decides to...
  7. How to get the number lock to stay on during start up.

How to get the number lock to stay on during start up.: Many people had this question and I was unable to answer it because the question was locked. So to @FannyFanakan I think that was your name this is how you do it. 1. A. Go in to the search bar and type command prompt...just below the result you will see run as...
  8. Number Lock Key

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Number Lock Key: Whenever I sign off, the number lock key is deactivated, which didn't happen previously. How do I fix this? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/number-lock-key/51cc0cda-abfd-43ec-8a53-a7f9c50fd94e
  9. How to set Number Lock key to be permanently ON

How to set Number Lock key to be permanently ON: I have a Dell 17" 3000 series I7 laptop that works fine but for the fact is has no Number Lock light bizarre so you never know if the Number Lock is on or off. While the laptop always starts with Number Lock - ON, my poor typing often turns it off, only to find I'm typing...
  10. 10 Key number lock

10 Key number lock: How can I keep the number lock on. I have a Logitech K750 keyboard and Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/10-key-number-lock/b6257643-79c8-433c-abfe-dc2efb5895de

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to get my num lock to stay on

2. how to have the number lock key stay on

3. how do i get my num lock to stay on

4. how do i get the num lock key to stay on