Windows 10: how to i update my windows 10 to anniversary edition .....i tried to check for updates but...

Discus and support how to i update my windows 10 to anniversary edition .....i tried to check for updates but... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; i tried to check for updates but it did not show up....so what do i do?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by mamaooohh, Oct 19, 2021.

1. mamaooohh Win User

how to i update my windows 10 to anniversary edition .....i tried to check for updates but...

i tried to check for updates but it did not show up....so what do i do?

:)

mamaooohh, Oct 19, 2021
  2. Deeveo Win User

Win 10 Anniversary Update does not show in Windows Update

It's quite a big download, could be that they are putting it out in chunks to even out the stress on update servers. Manual upgrade always works if you download the ISO like said above. Still got a laptop that didn't get the anniversary upgrade yet aswell. Build 1511 seems to be getting all the security updates aswell still so no hurry with it really if you don't need the new features.

Deeveo, Oct 19, 2021
  3. Win 10 Anniversary Update does not show in Windows Update

So I tried to update my HTPC, but I can't get the Anniversary Update to show up. I downloaded the Windows 10 Upgrade Advisor, and it said that my PC was ready for the update, but when I tried to do it it says I don't have enough hard drive space (it has a 32GB SSD with around 8GB free). Why on earth do I need 20GB free in order to install an update? Surely it's just like a service pack.

Red_Machine, Oct 19, 2021
  4. Hood Win User

how to i update my windows 10 to anniversary edition .....i tried to check for updates but...

Win 10 Anniversary Update does not show in Windows Update

It's because the anniversary update is just like upgrading to a new version of Windows; it leaves behind a Windows.old folder so you can revert back (mine was about 16GB).
    Don't feel bad, the anniversary update changed a lot of my settings and programs, and my activation status. By the time I investigated and decided I didn't want it, I had already deleted the Windows.old folder, so I reverted using an image I made before the update (version 1511).
    Since then, Windows Update has only updated within 1511, and hasn't changed the version to 1607, so I'm happy. There is nothing in the anniversary update I wanted anyway, just more Cortana integration and more ways for Windows to collect your private data, so be glad you dodged a bullet...

Thema:

1. how to i update my windows 10 to anniversary edition .....i tried to check for updates but... - Similar Threads - update anniversary edition

2. how to i update my windows 10 to anniversary edition .....i tried to check for updates but...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to i update my windows 10 to anniversary edition .....i tried to check for updates but...: i tried to check for updates but it did not show up....so what do i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-i-update-my-windows-10-to-anniversary/d1da4644-95f9-4566-a38c-53aaf49c73fd
  3. how to i update my windows 10 to anniversary edition .....i tried to check for updates but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to i update my windows 10 to anniversary edition .....i tried to check for updates but...: i tried to check for updates but it did not show up....so what do i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-i-update-my-windows-10-to-anniversary/d1da4644-95f9-4566-a38c-53aaf49c73fd
  4. Windows 10 Anniversary Edition Update - Stubborn 0xC1000101 - 0x20017

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Anniversary Edition Update - Stubborn 0xC1000101 - 0x20017: Hello, chums I posted this on answers.microsoft but it's slim pickings I'm afraid. Perhaps you can help: Hello, Background: PC is a custom build. (intel i7 Z77 @ 3.5 GHz, Nvidia GTX 970, 16GB RAM) I upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 without any problems in November...
  5. Error when updating to anniversary edition

Error when updating to anniversary edition: My laptop just popped up with the update for w10 home edition to the new anniversary edition. I ran the update and after all was said and done (no obvious errors or messages) I got the message that an error occurred and the error code was 0x80010108.... I tried again a couple...
  6. How do I get the Anniversary Update??

How do I get the Anniversary Update??: The whole saga about the Anniversary Update has me very confused. How can I determine if I have the update, and if I don't have it how do I get it? 82732
  7. How do I clean install Windows 10 Anniversary Update?

How do I clean install Windows 10 Anniversary Update?: First of all, I'm coming from Windows 7. I'm one that was able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free. Am I able to perform a clean install of Windows 10 using the same license I currently have on Windows 10? How would I obtain my current key, then? Is it s imply the Product ID...
  8. Am I on the Anniversary Update?

Am I on the Anniversary Update?: I'm running Win 10 Pro 64, version 10.0.14393. *Wink 66446
  9. Black Screen after "Updating" to Windows 10 Anniversary Edition

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Screen after "Updating" to Windows 10 Anniversary Edition: Updating from Windows 10 Pro 64-bit fully updated. version 1511 build 10586.494 256 GB SSD with OS & essential apps [Office, Norton, etc.] 2TB SATA HD - all other Programs & Games, plus data [pictures, videos, documents, music] 1TB SATA HD - File History backup 16...
  10. How can I download the Windows 10 Anniversary Update?

How can I download the Windows 10 Anniversary Update?: Can someone tell me how or if I can download the Anniversary Update without having to wait? Is it available yet through the Media Creation Tool? Thanks! 58353