Windows 10: How to identify a USBC Headset with microphone as an output-input device and not as only...

Discus and support How to identify a USBC Headset with microphone as an output-input device and not as only... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So, I recently bought a type-C headset with a mic but unfortunately, I face a software problem. The problem is that the headset is either recognized as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mario Essam, Jun 27, 2021.

1. How to identify a USBC Headset with microphone as an output-input device and not as only...

So, I recently bought a type-C headset with a mic but unfortunately, I face a software problem. The problem is that the headset is either recognized as an output device or more likely as a speaker and not as a headphone/ headset -so basically I can't get any of the enhancements via Waves MaxxAudioPro- or is recognized as an input device only as a microphone.All in all, I can't use both at the same time, I can’t hear and talk at the same time. I have tried many solutions considering reinstalling drivers, and resetting the devices' defaults in the Sound Setting, but it is a software issue beyond

:)

Mario Essam, Jun 27, 2021

2. Headset and headset microphone cannot be discovered as output and input devices

Could someone please help me with my problem? When I have plugged my Logitech g233 headset with the microphone into my laptop, I cannot find it in settings under the list of devices, and the microphone does not work as I cannot
    select it (I can only find speakers (Realtek high definition audio) and microphone array(Realtek high definition audio)). However, when I have plugged it into another laptop in the same way, it works and I can find it
    as an input and output device on settings (they are discoverable as headphones(Realtek high definition audio) and headset microphone (Realtek high definition audio)). I have ensured that it was plugged in correctly in both cases.
    May I know some possible causes for this problem and how to fix it?

Also, if this helps, I cannot find the app "Realtek Audio Console" on the laptop that I am having problems with but I can find it on the laptop which the headset and microphone work on. I have tried to install it but I do not know how to do so.

Tristan Loo, Jun 27, 2021
  3. Aceman.au Win User
    Sennheiser GSP 350. Microphone stops working when I open any game

Wow, ok. I think I've fixed it by accident while fiddling around.

It appears to be the Realtek audio being the issue here. I don't use my onboard sound card as my headset is a USB headset only and my speakers are plugged into an ASUS sound card.

Step by step fix:
    • I went into recording devices
    • I enabled STEREO MIX (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    • Then I set that Stereo Mix as the DEFAULT DEVICE (At this point it took over both input and output devices without my permission )
    • Then set my Sennheiser headset as default recording and playback devices in their respective windows even though they both still said they were the default devices when they weren't
    Headset microphone is currently functioning while in game now. I'll update the thread if it goes again. Should I completely disable Realtek audio??? Or will windows just force it to work again?

Aceman.au, Jun 27, 2021
  4. How to identify a USBC Headset with microphone as an output-input device and not as only...

Microphone records input and output

I am using a DAW to record microphone inputs on various tracks.

When I hit record, the microphone picks up the DAW's metronome (output) as well as the sound I intended to record. When I play back the track, the metronome has indeed been recorded, along with all the other sounds picked up by the microphone.

When I start another track the input records both the microphone and the playback audio, including all previously recorded tracks and the metronome.

Listen to device has been deselected. There is no environmental effects tab for the microphone. All other inputs and outputs have been disabled. I have customized and reset to defaults from both the Windows settings/sounds panels and the DAW. The inputs
    work, and the outputs work, I just want the input to ONLY record the microphone, not all other playback/output signals.

nigel666911314, Jun 27, 2021
Thema:

How to identify a USBC Headset with microphone as an output-input device and not as only...

1. How to identify a USBC Headset with microphone as an output-input device and not as only... - Similar Threads - identify USBC Headset

2. My headset is only being recognized as an output device, and my speakers as an input.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My headset is only being recognized as an output device, and my speakers as an input.: I have a pair of speakers and a headset. Neither were working, so I went so my sound settings. My headset was only being recognised as an audio output device, and my speakers only as an input. Ive tried disabling my speakers, restarting my pc, and all of the other things I...
  3. My headset is only being recognized as an output device, and my speakers as an input.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My headset is only being recognized as an output device, and my speakers as an input.: I have a pair of speakers and a headset. Neither were working, so I went so my sound settings. My headset was only being recognised as an audio output device, and my speakers only as an input. Ive tried disabling my speakers, restarting my pc, and all of the other things I...
  4. PC Not identifying both Headset output and Mic input at the same time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Not identifying both Headset output and Mic input at the same time: Recently bought a new pc and using an old Sony W1000mx3 Headset with a aux cable and mic. It worked on my old HP Omen. However since moving to this PC i can get either the audio to work, or the mic input. It depends to which port I have plugged into on the front. Previously...
  5. PC Not identifying both Headset output and Mic input at the same time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Not identifying both Headset output and Mic input at the same time: Recently bought a new pc and using an old Sony W1000mx3 Headset with a aux cable and mic. It worked on my old HP Omen. However since moving to this PC i can get either the audio to work, or the mic input. It depends to which port I have plugged into on the front. Previously...
  6. Output only device set as input.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Output only device set as input.: I recently got a new set of earbuds and I kind of screwed over the settings for it, so now the earbuds are stuck as an input device even though it has no microphone. It now refuses to output sound, and doesn't even register as a output device. Is there an easy way to switch...
  7. Output only device set as input.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Output only device set as input.: I recently got a new set of earbuds and I kind of screwed over the settings for it, so now the earbuds are stuck as an input device even though it has no microphone. It now refuses to output sound, and doesn't even register as a output device. Is there an easy way to switch...
  8. Output only device set as input.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Headset isn't displayed on input device, only default Realtek Microphone

Headset isn't displayed on input device, only default Realtek Microphone: I recently required a headset with a mic to allow myself to talk with others on my laptop easier and I can't seem to find the input device even when updating drivers and reconnecting the device and opening troubleshooters. All that it says is available is the standard Realtek...
  10. Headset and headset microphone cannot be discovered as output and input devices

Headset and headset microphone cannot be discovered as output and input devices: When I have plugged my headset with the microphone into my laptop, I cannot find it in settings under the list of devices, and the microphone does not work as I cannot select it I can only find speakersRealtek high definition audio and microphone arrayRealtek high definition...