Windows 10: How to identify a volume using DiskPart

Discus and support How to identify a volume using DiskPart in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Recently, I had a start-up error with the "Reboot and select proper Boot device" message. I fixed it by unplugging and then plugging back in my drives,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Milennin, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Milennin Win User

How to identify a volume using DiskPart

Recently, I had a start-up error with the "Reboot and select proper Boot device" message. I fixed it by unplugging and then plugging back in my drives, but since then it has been slow with starting up Windows, attempting to scan and repair an unknown drive before the login screen.

I need help to figure out which disk it is referring to and how to get rid of the scan and repair thing on start-up.

Windows Version Number: 1903 (OS Build 18362.900)

:)

Milennin, Jul 2, 2020

2. Diskpart not locating volume with windows installed on it

Hello,

I have a desktop that is currently stuck in a Repair loop, and goes to BSOD. One thing I found is when I try to rebuild BCD it says Total identified Windows installations: 0.

Currently it appears Windows is installed on the X:\ drive of this computer, but when I check diskpart and list volumes it doesn't show X:\ and none of the volumes displayed have a system partition in them.

If anyone has any suggestions I would really appreciate it!

elusiveness, Jul 2, 2020
  3. SteelnMan Win User
    Total identified Windows installations: 0

PLEASE HELP!!

I have the same problem with the identified windows installations 0

And im following your steps and when i reach step 4 it tells me:

The store export operation has failed.

The requested system device cannot be found.

What shall I do?!!!

After diskpart list I have only 1 desk which is the USB, and 1 volume and 1 partition!!!

SteelnMan, Jul 2, 2020
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

Diskpart not locating volume with windows installed on it

Maybe post the output of diskpart so we can see?

Code:

NavyLCDR, Jul 2, 2020
Thema:

1. How to identify a volume using DiskPart - Similar Threads - identify volume using

2. SSD Drive detected on the BIOS; Primary volume is created on SSD using "diskpart", But it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD Drive detected on the BIOS; Primary volume is created on SSD using "diskpart", But it...: As you see in the image, the SSD drive is detected by BIOS and the Windows installation process. I created primary drive C using the disk part in command prompt mode. But still can not install Windows. I tried to install Intel Rapid Storage Technology, it also didn't work...
  3. SSD Drive detected on the BIOS; Primary volume is created on SSD using "diskpart", But it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSD Drive detected on the BIOS; Primary volume is created on SSD using "diskpart", But it...: As you see in the image, the SSD drive is detected by BIOS and the Windows installation process. I created primary drive C using the disk part in command prompt mode. But still can not install Windows. I tried to install Intel Rapid Storage Technology, it also didn't work...
  4. Diskpart clean and delete volume makes unrecoverable or diskpart clean with full format...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Diskpart clean and delete volume makes unrecoverable or diskpart clean with full format...: Diskpart clean and delete volume makes unrecoverable or diskpart clean with full format makes unrecoverable https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/diskpart-clean-and-delete-volume-makes/49e4795f-f69b-4562-b333-256b21b69ec1
  5. How do I expand "volume 1" adding 400MB using DiskPart?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I expand "volume 1" adding 400MB using DiskPart?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DerpyPlayz18 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k00qi3/how_do_i_expand_volume_1_adding_400mb_using/
  6. Select Diskpart Volume by name?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Select Diskpart Volume by name?: So, here's the scenario: I'm writing a batch file that I want to use to open Diskpart and assign drive letter P to the volume where the batch file is located. How am I supposed to do that. I know how it works (I wouldn't ask this question... Never mind!), but how can I select...
  7. Diskpart not locating volume with windows installed on it

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Diskpart not locating volume with windows installed on it: Hello, I have a desktop that is currently stuck in a Repair loop, and goes to BSOD. One thing I found is when I try to rebuild BCD it says Total identified Windows installations: 0. Currently it appears Windows is installed on the X:\ drive of this computer, but when I...
  8. Diskpart not locating volume with windows installed on it

in Windows 10 Support
    Diskpart not locating volume with windows installed on it: Hello, I have a desktop that is currently stuck in a Repair loop, and goes to BSOD. One thing I found is when I try to rebuild BCD it says Total identified Windows installations: 0. Currently it appears Windows is installed on the X:\ drive of this computer, but when I...
  9. How to use Diskpart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to use Diskpart: I have a problem with my laptop. When I turn it on, it goes directly (after a while) to Windows RE. I can't do any of the easy recoveries off the menu - says it couldn't be fixed. I don't see any error messages on the screen. I booted from a Windows 10 ISO on a USB...
  10. Using DiskPart Prior to Setup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Using DiskPart Prior to Setup: There is a key combination one uses while in windows setup screen to go to the dos prompt. But I can't remember it. Can anyone enlighten me? James 55281