Windows 10: How to identify correct Windows 10 version for my Product Key

Discus and support How to identify correct Windows 10 version for my Product Key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; When I got my Laptop, I had the preinstalled Windows 8. I upgraded it to Windows 10 and everything worked fine. Then my hard disk formatted and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by amritsinha16, Jan 20, 2020.

1. How to identify correct Windows 10 version for my Product Key

When I got my Laptop, I had the preinstalled Windows 8. I upgraded it to Windows 10 and everything worked fine.

Then my hard disk formatted and the repair guy installed the wrong version of Windows 10which is not activating now.

Is there a way I can identify what is the correct type of Windows 10 version i have from my Microsoft account or Product ID?

Please help.

Thankyou

:)

amritsinha16, Jan 20, 2020
  2. RolandJS Win User

Identifying the correct product key

Might be useful to have a tiny text file listing each computer with its windows edition and product key, and that file residing in some data place on each computer, or, maybe a printout or two.

RolandJS, Jan 20, 2020
  3. Greybird Win User

I'm about to upgrade my computer for the first time since Windows 10 came out, and it is a substantial upgrade (including the motherboard.) I have four computers in the house running Windows 10. Two of them use upgrade licenses from Windows 7, two have retail copies purchased from Amazon. My Amazon account has three keys: my two, plus one I purchased on behalf of a friend when I was setting up his new system.

I need to find out which product key is associated with this computer. It could be any of the three listed on my Amazon account (one of which is not actually mine), or (potentially) it could be one of the upgrade licenses and I'd need to buy a new copy of Windows with my upgrade.

How in the world do I figure out which one is on one specific PC?

Greybird, Jan 20, 2020
  4. Greybird Win User

How to identify correct Windows 10 version for my Product Key

Maybe. Now I'm just confused. The key it lists isn't any of the ones I have a record of having purchased.

I just need to know whether I'll have to budget for a new copy of Windows or not. They made this way, way too convoluted.

Greybird, Jan 20, 2020
Thema:

How to identify correct Windows 10 version for my Product Key

1. How to identify correct Windows 10 version for my Product Key - Similar Threads - identify correct version

2. Cannot Find Correct Product Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot Find Correct Product Key: I found 2 different product keys in Windows 10.I ran Command Prompt and Power Shell as admini.strtor. They gave me the same product key.ThenI wanted to make certain I had the right one I went to Registry and looked there. It gave me a completely different product key.Which is...
  3. How to identify if my Windows 10 version is legit/genuine?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to identify if my Windows 10 version is legit/genuine?: On the Activation page, it states this,Edition Windows 10 ProWindows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft accountWhat I want to know is if this is indeed a "genuine" version, any other method to figure this out?Thanks!...
  4. How to identify if my Windows 10 version is legit/genuine?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to identify if my Windows 10 version is legit/genuine?: On the Activation page, it states this,Edition Windows 10 ProWindows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft accountWhat I want to know is if this is indeed a "genuine" version, any other method to figure this out?Thanks!...
  5. How to identify if my Windows 10 version is legit/genuine?

6. How to choose the correct product key?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to choose the correct product key?: I have a Windows 10 Pro license and product key associated with my Microsoft Account. I bought a new laptop but it came with Windows 10 Home. I signed up into the new laptop using my Microsoft Account. Now, how do I get the version of Windows 10 Home on the new laptop to...
  7. how to identify the microsoft product is genuine

how to identify the microsoft product is genuine: I want to know, how to identify Microsoft product is Genuine. I bought Microsoft Windows 10 package. i wish to know whether it is genuine or not. -venu babu namineni...
  8. Identifying the correct product key

Identifying the correct product key: I'm about to upgrade my computer for the first time since Windows 10 came out, and it is a substantial upgrade (including the motherboard.) I have four computers in the house running Windows 10. Two of them use upgrade licenses from Windows 7, two have retail copies purchased...
  9. Need help identifying the correct Windows 10 key

Need help identifying the correct Windows 10 key: I'm about to upgrade my computer for the first time since Windows 10 came out, and it is a substantial upgrade including the motherboard. I have four computers in the house running Windows 10. Two of them use upgrade licenses from Windows 7, two have retail copies purchased...
  10. How to enter correct product key for Windows 10 when a previously used key was entered by...

How to enter correct product key for Windows 10 when a previously used key was entered by...: I have two computers, one at home and one at the office. My office bought Windows 10 Professional upgrade licenses for both. I upgraded my computer at home first using one of the product keys. Later, when I was back at the office, I started the process of using the second...