Windows 10: How to identify multiple Office accounts?

Discus and support How to identify multiple Office accounts? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have purchased 365 family but my word program appears to default to my school account. Can I fix this?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ClickChick, Jan 18, 2022.

1. How to identify multiple Office accounts?

I have purchased 365 family but my word program appears to default to my school account. Can I fix this?

:)

ClickChick, Jan 18, 2022

2. Office 365 on Continuum

The following steps worked for me (don't ask me how or why How to identify multiple Office accounts? :( ):

• Click any office app on windows phone.
    • In the screen, it shows New, Browse & recent files. It also shows my name/account at the top-right.
    • Clicking on you name/account at top-right shows 2 accounts associated with this application.
      • Personal Account
      • Official Account
    • Clicking on any of these accounts, only gives an option to sign-out.
    • Since Microsoft Support technical team suggested that I reset my device. I did not want to reinstall all the apps, take backups & then reconfigure all of these again after the reset, unless it was the only option left.
    • With no better option, I clicked sign-out on both the accounts listed in step 4 above. I then signed in with my official account. I was able to create new Office documents now.
    • I logged-in to my other personal account also now. My office app still worked & allows me to access onedrive associated with both my personal & business accounts.

I was facing the same issues & even had multiple calls with Microsoft Support & waiting for a resolution.

Going through the above thread, I realized that multiple Microsoft accounts (personal & office) are associated with these apps. When I signed out of both these accounts from within the app & signed back in, I was able to edit using the office apps.

Hope this helps!

Arvind-Tiwari, Jan 18, 2022
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jan 18, 2022
  4. How to identify multiple Office accounts?

Office windows 10

Hi,

Before you continue with any of the methods in this section, we recommend that you check for multiple Office installations on your computer. To do this, follow these steps:

1- Type appwiz.cpl in the Search box, and then press Enter.

2. Check the list of currently installed programs for multiple installations of the Microsoft Office suite.

If there are multiple installations of Microsoft Office installed on the computer we recommend that you follow the steps that are listed in Method 2 of this section. If there is only one installation of Microsoft Office on the computer, follow the steps that
    are listed in Method 1 of this section. Only follow the steps that are listed in Method 3 if you still experience the problem after you have attempted the first two methods or you have installed Microsoft Office Trial suite.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/246429...

MilesPruett, Jan 18, 2022
Thema:

How to identify multiple Office accounts?

1. How to identify multiple Office accounts? - Similar Threads - identify multiple Office

2. Identifying adult account controlling a child account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Identifying adult account controlling a child account: I have a premium Office 365 subscription shared with my family. https://account.microsoft.com/family/home lists my three children as expected, but https://account.live.com/mykids.aspx only displays two of the children. The third child a 13 year old is missing, despite being...
  3. Identifying adult account controlling a child account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Identifying adult account controlling a child account: I have a premium Office 365 subscription shared with my family. https://account.microsoft.com/family/home lists my three children as expected, but https://account.live.com/mykids.aspx only displays two of the children. The third child a 13 year old is missing, despite being...
  4. How to identify multiple Office accounts?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to identify multiple Office accounts?: I have purchased 365 family but my word program appears to default to my school account. Can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-identify-multiple-office-accounts/f5b4f65d-c514-4943-918a-1bad747c653f
  5. How to identify multiple Office accounts?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to identify multiple Office accounts?: I have purchased 365 family but my word program appears to default to my school account. Can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-identify-multiple-office-accounts/f5b4f65d-c514-4943-918a-1bad747c653f
  6. Easily identifying multiple Onedrive for Business accounts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Easily identifying multiple Onedrive for Business accounts: Hi allI have several Microsoft emails for different segements of the business and on my computers I have added them all to the App to sync and all works fine apart from the names Windows gives them are;Company name Company name1Company name2Company name3But at each reboot...
  7. How to delete multiple accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to delete multiple accounts: Though my ignorance, I assume, mutiple duplicate account have been created. When I restart Windows 10, I need to chose the correct account in order to log in.1. How do I delete these extraneous accounts, and2. How do I change the requirement that a log in is even required....
  8. multiple versions of office?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    multiple versions of office?: i have wreaked havoc on my system by trying to have multiple versions of office installed. i would like: word 2003, word 2016 excel 2016 powerpoint 2016 outlook 2007 for most of it, i'm ok, but outlook gives me problems. outlook 2016 search does not work at all, and on ol...
  9. Identifying multiple people in a photo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Identifying multiple people in a photo: I have a lot of old photos scanned to my computer. I’ve set up face recognition and tagging. Now I want to know who is the third person from the left in a picture with 10 people in it. I have the person’s name tagged in the photo but can’t find a way to identify which of the...
  10. how to use ms office for multiple laptops?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how to use ms office for multiple laptops?: I had bought MS office 365 for multiple users. According to the seller, I could use it for 36 computers and 6 at a time. And I activated the MS office in one Pc and it is not working for next pc. How can I use office 365 for multiple pcs?...