Windows 10: How to identify the type and speed of the hard drive of a server?

Discus and support How to identify the type and speed of the hard drive of a server? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How to identify the type and speed of the hard drive of a server? I couldn’t figure out if there is a tool that can identify the type and speed of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jamal numan, Jan 1, 2019.

1. How to identify the type and speed of the hard drive of a server?

How to identify the type and speed of the hard drive of a server?

I couldn’t figure out if there is a tool that can identify the type and speed of the hard drive of a server in terms of being SSD, SAS, SATA as well as the reading\writing speed.

Thank you

Best

Jamal

How to identify the type and speed of the hard drive of a server? [​IMG]

:)

jamal numan, Jan 1, 2019
  2. redeye Win User

Which type of hard drive should I buy?

speed is king in videoeditting.... thus all the 1337 suggestions do not mean anything... so i would find out what video-editor you are going to use and use the suggestions that the software gives you....

or because speed is king in editting, external drives are out... (but using a thunderwire on a mac might be good)

thou, in editting you probably are going to use cut-lists, and prerendered video for speed in editting (the original video is reduced in size to speed up the editting searches etc.. so the speed of the hard drive is really important...

TL;DR. the wd red drive 3TB is a good one ... silentpcreview.com or storagereview.com have good reviews of it.

if you are going to be using a laptop for editting... (GASP) go with the mac and a thunderbolt drive (expensive YES) but, before the iPhone craze, Apple was known for editting on a laptop.

if using premiere... just get what the prog/teacher suggests and learn the Techniques of editting... skill/talent/ability is more important than the equipment.

redeye, Jan 1, 2019
  3. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Jan 1, 2019
  4. Mathragh Win User

Overclock your hard drive!!!

Wut =D

what is that supposed to accomplish?

Mathragh, Jan 1, 2019
Thema:

1. How to identify the type and speed of the hard drive of a server? - Similar Threads - identify type speed

2. How do I find the Hard drives and type of Hard drive + Plus Drive Letters?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I find the Hard drives and type of Hard drive + Plus Drive Letters?: Okay, so I am trying to figure out which hard drive is designated for my storage and for my Operating system.Overall I was to know What type of drives they are, whether it is the:Pata or the NVME one and I do not want to have to open it up again.HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP,...
  3. How do I find the Hard drives and type of Hard drive + Plus Drive Letters?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I find the Hard drives and type of Hard drive + Plus Drive Letters?: Okay, so I am trying to figure out which hard drive is designated for my storage and for my Operating system.Overall I was to know What type of drives they are, whether it is the:Pata or the NVME one and I do not want to have to open it up again.HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP,...
  4. Paritioning and Identifying Hard-Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Paritioning and Identifying Hard-Drive: My new ASUS GL703GE Laptop has two hard-drive. C Drive is an SSD and D Drive is a spinning disc drive. I know that the D Drive is formatted because I made a test folder on it and put a text file in that folder. I erased both. What is the best easiest tool for partitioning...
  5. Identifying a hard drive failure.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Identifying a hard drive failure.: I have had a series of performance issues over the last four months. I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop running W10. It had stopped working and had to be restored using the Windows Media Creator. The issues continued afterwards and boot up began to be increasingly slow....
  6. How to identify the type and speed of the hard drive of a server?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to identify the type and speed of the hard drive of a server?: How to identify the type and speed of the hard drive of a server? I couldn’t figure out if there is a tool that can identify the type and speed of the hard drive of a server in terms of being SSD, SAS, SATA as well as the reading\writing speed. Thank you Best Jamal...
  7. Identifying Hard Boots

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Identifying Hard Boots: Our users have somehow gotten the idea that it is okay for them to hard boot their machines whenever they think something is taking longer that it should. As you might imagine, this has caused us a lot of headaches, including needing to build replacement machines because...
  8. How to Measure Hard Drive Speed in Windows 10

How to Measure Hard Drive Speed in Windows 10: I need to measure the speed of a Seagate USB backup drive. Can anybody point me to how I could accomplish that inside in Windows 10? Any other way? Thanks. 116546
  9. How to Measure Hard Drive Speed in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Measure Hard Drive Speed in Windows 10: I need to measure the speed of a Seagate USB backup drive. Can anybody point me to how I could accomplish that inside in Windows 10? Any other way? Thanks. 116546
  10. Slow Speed to External Hard Drive

Slow Speed to External Hard Drive: Hello! I have this external Hard Drive Intenso Memory Case 2,5" USB 3.0 1TB When i move files from my PC to the DISK i dont have a good speed! I can say the move speed is terrible! Of curse i have connected to USB 3.0 Port! Check the images! [img] [img] 98950