Windows 10: How to identify unexpected shutdown causes

Discus and support How to identify unexpected shutdown causes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My brand new lenovo sporadically shuts down at some point after working hours. This happens every 2-3 days, and I can't find any pattern. How do I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by swvajanyatek, Feb 25, 2021.

1. How to identify unexpected shutdown causes

My brand new lenovo sporadically shuts down at some point after working hours. This happens every 2-3 days, and I can't find any pattern. How do I identify the shutdown causes?

I found this Critical entry in the event logs, but I'm not sure what to make of it?

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

- <System>

<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}" />

<EventID>41</EventID>

<Version>8</Version>

<Level>1</Level>

<Task>63</Task>

<Opcode>0</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x8000400000000002</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2021-02-25T01:16:34.4611268Z" />

<EventRecordID>64162</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />

<Channel>System</Channel>

<Computer>mylenovo</Computer>

<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />

</System>

- <EventData>

<Data Name="BugcheckCode">59</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0xc0000005</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0x0</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0x0</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x0</Data>

<Data Name="SleepInProgress">0</Data>

<Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>

<Data Name="BootAppStatus">0</Data>

<Data Name="Checkpoint">0</Data>

<Data Name="ConnectedStandbyInProgress">true</Data>

<Data Name="SystemSleepTransitionsToOn">0</Data>

<Data Name="CsEntryScenarioInstanceId">0</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckInfoFromEFI">true</Data>

<Data Name="CheckpointStatus">0</Data>

<Data Name="CsEntryScenarioInstanceIdV2">0</Data>

<Data Name="LongPowerButtonPressDetected">false</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

:)

swvajanyatek, Feb 25, 2021

2. Unexpected Shutdown

Hi

Please see response to your questions below

• Did you make any changes on the computer prior to this issue?
    No changes other than about a month ago reinstalling W10.

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    Other than checking updates have successfully installed, none as not sure approach to take.

• What was the exact error code/message you have received?
    No error code or message received. On the first occasion I was looking at outlook and without any warning the PC shutdown. It was almost as if it was a desktop (it is a laptop) and the power stopped. The laptop was plugged into the mains and in addition
    the battery had a full a full charge.

On restarting the laptop no error message came up and I only noted a small difference in boot up, that for a short period a blue screen was displayed (not normally seen on boot up) and then the start screen appeared for me to log in.

As mentioned previously the only reference to this is from the log which in the summary states that there was an unexpected shutdown.

GrahamDavies571, Feb 25, 2021
  3. R-T-B Win User
    PC is Suffering Unexpected Shutdowns

Most important detail to me would be whether these shutdowns are sudden, in which case it's likely a short or PSU issue (capacitor aging maybe?) or graceful windows style shutdowns, which suggests software interference.

It could also be overheating components if it's a sudden shutdown. What are your thermals like?

R-T-B, Feb 25, 2021
  4. How to identify unexpected shutdown causes

The previous system shutdown was unexpected

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I’m sorry to know that your Computer shuts down automatically and gets error code
    6008, "The previous system shutdown was unexpected".

I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you and I appreciate the efforts who took to resolve the issue. I will be happy to assist you with this.

Please refer the suggestions given by
    Ronald K
    using the below link and check if that helps.

The previous system shutdown was unexpected.

Also refer the suggestions given by Shinmila H using the below link and check if that helps.

unexpected shutdown "event id=6008"

Note : This article applies to Windows 10 also.

Please let us know, if you need any further help and we would be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Vijaya Kumari 1, Feb 25, 2021
Thema:

How to identify unexpected shutdown causes

1. How to identify unexpected shutdown causes - Similar Threads - identify unexpected shutdown

2. UNEXPECTED SHUTDOWN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UNEXPECTED SHUTDOWN: I HAD A POWER OUTAGE WHICH CAUSED AN UNEXPECTED SHUTDOWN AND NOT I CAN'T GET INTO A PROGRAM I NEED https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unexpected-shutdown/df20d204-4f5d-4ca5-8103-bbd94898b7c5
  3. UNEXPECTED SHUTDOWN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UNEXPECTED SHUTDOWN: I HAD A POWER OUTAGE WHICH CAUSED AN UNEXPECTED SHUTDOWN AND NOT I CAN'T GET INTO A PROGRAM I NEED https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unexpected-shutdown/df20d204-4f5d-4ca5-8103-bbd94898b7c5
  4. unexpected shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unexpected shutdown: Hello, I have been having a problem with my computer for several months now custom built where the computer will just randomly restart itself. This usually happens while gaming and the screen just goes black but has happened once while not gaming. I have already tried windows...
  5. unexpected shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    unexpected shutdown: Hello, I have been having a problem with my computer for several months now custom built where the computer will just randomly restart itself. This usually happens while gaming and the screen just goes black but has happened once while not gaming. I have already tried windows...
  6. How to find the cause of an Unexpected Shutdown on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to find the cause of an Unexpected Shutdown on Windows 10: Windows 10, an improved version of series of operating systems by Microsoft has a huge fan following. It is easy to use, provides better security, compatible with most of the software programs, and most importantly keeps a track of every activity of the system. Many users...
  7. Unexpected shutdowns

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Unexpected shutdowns: Hello, on freshly new installed microsoft windows 10 pro, activated, i have issue with unexpected shutdowns. Please not that this problem appears only on Win10. On win7 it was not observed. When i enter in the shutdown log, i see error with event id 6008: Log Name:...
  8. Unexpected Shutdowns

Unexpected Shutdowns: Hey Y'all, I hope you can shed some light on my issue. My PC has been shutting down unexpectedly and then reboots. Event Viewer is filled to the brim with Errors and Warnings. Everything from DistributedCOM to Kernel-EvenTracking, User Device Registration and Perflib. I...
  9. What is the cause of Windows 10 unexpected shutdown?

What is the cause of Windows 10 unexpected shutdown?: I could locate the error events in the log that say Windows was shutdown unexpectedly, but can't find the root cause why exactly did that happen. Here are the event details for the two events before the unexpected crash- Log Name: System Source:...
  10. Somthing causing random unexpected shutdowns

Somthing causing random unexpected shutdowns: I have a PC running windows 10 64bit running the latest version with all drivers up to date (I just checked) My PC randomly crashes/shutsdown unexpectedly. I first though this was emory related so I run Memtest which shown 0 errors in all 4 of my RAM dimms When I took a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. idwntify unexpected shutdown