Windows 10: how to identify which driver should be installed

Discus and support how to identify which driver should be installed in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Previously I have taken backup of my all drivers by Code: dism /online /export-driver /destination:C:\drivers-backup They were working fine in Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sandila, Jul 2, 2020.

1. sandila Win User

how to identify which driver should be installed

Previously I have taken backup of my all drivers by Code:
    They were working fine in Windows 10 Home Edition.
    and restored them as shown here.
    I now thought I should upgrade things to latest drivers.So I downloaded every thing from HP website.

My laptop has device drivers available here
    https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers...45?sku=2EY83PA
    Model Number HP Laptop 15-bs0xx

I went on above link and downloaded all the device drivers.
    But when I try to install them then in a couple of cases I get message it is not compatible with device.

Code:
    My OS version is Windows 10 Pro , 64 bit.
    Code:
    :)

sandila, Jul 2, 2020

2. How to identify which model of Realtek HD Audio I have...

Belarc Advisor will usually tell you more than you need to know. You might also go to Start > Run and enter dxdiag and check out the Sound tab. Finally, you could step through the properties of the device as listed in your Device Manager - right click on My Computer > Properties > Sound, video and game controllers > right click on [your device] > Properties > Driver.

Having said that, it typically is not a good idea to upgrade HW drivers unless your current driver is corrupt, or if the new driver specifically addresses a problem you are having. If you have XP, it might be best to uninstall the current drivers, reboot and let XP reload what it has in its data base, or as suggested, go out to the motherboard maker's site and download the drivers from there.

Bill_Bright, Jul 2, 2020
  3. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused how to identify which driver should be installed :confused:

oli_ramsay, Jul 2, 2020
  4. how to identify which driver should be installed

Which Drivers Should I Install

Dear Greg C

I thank you for swift and intensive reply.

I am this very moment installing all the drivers from the manufacturers list, and am hoping most will install.

The device is a Win8 so I thought I should start there and presuming these would come with any updates in the package.

The reason as mentioned, the OS is now Win10, but to my understanding you mean I should of installed the Win10 for that same model!

Jeffrey Timothy Valerie, Jul 2, 2020
Thema:

how to identify which driver should be installed

1. how to identify which driver should be installed - Similar Threads - identify driver should

2. Should i install theses duplicated drivers? and in which orders?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Should i install theses duplicated drivers? and in which orders?: I need to download all chipset and graphic drivers from manufacturer ASUS site because i lately re-installed windows 10, but i found many duplicated drivers with the same driver name but different dates.How to properly install theses drivers and in which proper order?...
  3. Should i install theses duplicated drivers? and in which orders?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should i install theses duplicated drivers? and in which orders?: I need to download all chipset and graphic drivers from manufacturer ASUS site because i lately re-installed windows 10, but i found many duplicated drivers with the same driver name but different dates.How to properly install theses drivers and in which proper order?...
  4. Should i install theses duplicated drivers? and in which orders?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to identify which driver is causing BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to identify which driver is causing BSOD: HiI have trouble almost a year now with random BSOD on my ROG Laptop. Send it back to service, they returned it with conclusion - no hardware issues.It has to be a buggy driver - that's what WhoCrashed always suggestsBut I can't identify which one.I'm constantly updating....
  6. How to identify which driver is causing BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to identify which driver is causing BSOD: HiI have trouble almost a year now with random BSOD on my ROG Laptop. Send it back to service, they returned it with conclusion - no hardware issues.It has to be a buggy driver - that's what WhoCrashed always suggestsBut I can't identify which one.I'm constantly updating....
  7. Which Graphics driver should I install?

Which Graphics driver should I install?: I have a laptop from Dell and it has an Intel processor with integrated Intel graphics. I am confused to which driver should I install? I mean, on Intel's website the latest drivers were released recently, but on Dell's website, for specifically searching for my device, it...
  8. How many sound drivers should I have and which should I disable?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How many sound drivers should I have and which should I disable?: Recently, my friends on discord have been hearing themselves and my PC audio during calls. When I open up sound devices in control panel, it lists my headset as speakers and believe that this is why the problem is happening (Not sure though please help). I went to device...
  9. Which should I install first?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Which should I install first?: I just installed W10 and now confused which I installed first. Mother Board Driver or Video Card Driver? *Think*Think*Think 119868
  10. Which DB25 and DB9 driver should I install from Below

Which DB25 and DB9 driver should I install from Below: I bought this Ultima™ PCI-E Multi I/O Controller Card DB9 2 Port Serial and 1 Port Db25 Parallel PCI Express Card With one DB25 parallel port connector and two DB9 serial port connectors. this is how it looksNow in Image 1 U can See 2 folders I am confuse from where to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Bs0xx sp88564