Windows 10: How to identify Windows Services delaying Shutdown or Startup

Discus and support How to identify Windows Services delaying Shutdown or Startup in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] We all have read articles online about speeding up our Windows computers. Today I am focusing on one item that can cause your Windows computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Oct 24, 2018.

1. WinClub New Member

How to identify Windows Services delaying Shutdown or Startup

WinClub, Oct 24, 2018

2. My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, Oct 24, 2018
  3. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Oct 24, 2018
  4. How to identify Windows Services delaying Shutdown or Startup

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 24, 2018
Thema:

How to identify Windows Services delaying Shutdown or Startup

1. How to identify Windows Services delaying Shutdown or Startup - Similar Threads - identify Services delaying

2. Delayed shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delayed shutdown: Hello! Recently, an issue with my Windows 11 installation has arised. When I click on the shutdown button nothing happens and my computer idles normally. After 3-5 minutes the shutdown gets initiated and the computer turns off. I replaced my motherboard and the issue stopped,...
  3. Delayed shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delayed shutdown: Hello! Recently, an issue with my Windows 11 installation has arised. When I click on the shutdown button nothing happens and my computer idles normally. After 3-5 minutes the shutdown gets initiated and the computer turns off. I replaced my motherboard and the issue stopped,...
  4. How to identify unexpected shutdown causes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to identify unexpected shutdown causes: My brand new lenovo sporadically shuts down at some point after working hours. This happens every 2-3 days, and I can't find any pattern. How do I identify the shutdown causes? I found this Critical entry in the event logs, but I'm not sure what to make of it? - <Event...
  5. App Startup Delay

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    App Startup Delay: Hey All, I have had a strange issue ever since updating to 2004. Most apps that I open have around a ~10 sec delay before they open. I have checked the task manager and event logs but I can't seem to find anything related to this issue. The app doesn't even appear in the...
  6. How to delay windows 10 shutdown speed

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to delay windows 10 shutdown speed: Hi I need to be able to slowdown the speed that windows shuts down so an application has time to save it's data across the network so windows does not kill it while it's still saving data. Is there a way to do this?. I have tried the wait to kill app and services registry...
  7. How to delay windows 10 shutdown speed

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to delay windows 10 shutdown speed: Hi I need to be able to slowdown the speed that windows shuts down so an application has time to save it's data across the network so windows does not kill it while it's still saving data. Is there a way to do this?. I have tried the wait to kill app and services registry...
  8. Programs startup delay

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs startup delay: So I had this big problem that is bothering me for a while and started a while back where when I click on a program, it takes 5 to 10 minutes to start...why is it doing this because it is bothering me a lot and I need it to stop doing it because of how much it is bothering...
  9. Shutdown Button Delay & Long Shutdowns

in Windows 10 Support
    Shutdown Button Delay & Long Shutdowns: Hello, I've been researching this issue I'm experiencing but I haven't come across anything that has helped. Issue: Click on the start menu > Power > Shutdown. Computer does not immediately shut down. I can continue to do tasks for about 30seconds. The computer...
  10. Shutdown delay

in Windows 10 Support
    Shutdown delay: When I select "shut down" on my W10 desktop PC, the monitor darkens immediately, but the power light remains on and the disc activity flashes intermittently for 10 seconds to three minutes. What is the PC doing? Why doesn't this happen with my W10 Surface tablet? Any...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. add-ons delaying startup of windows 10

2. identify program delaying shutdown