Windows 10: How to ignore existing files when copying files to Onedrive (not syncing)

Discus and support How to ignore existing files when copying files to Onedrive (not syncing) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am trying to find out how to ignore duplicate files and folders from copying to Onedrive. When I copy a directory from my Onedrive for Business to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by netorius77, Nov 30, 2019.

1. How to ignore existing files when copying files to Onedrive (not syncing)

I am trying to find out how to ignore duplicate files and folders from copying to Onedrive.

When I copy a directory from my Onedrive for Business to my Onedrive personal, I only get two options when encountering duplicate files: "Replace all" or "Keep all" (rename it and keep them both). The option I want is "Ignore all" i.e. if the same file already exists (same name, date and timestamp) just ignore that file and continue.

This question was asked in the link below but the response incorrectly provided an answer for Onedrive syncing and not copying:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...onedrive/69ed0ba7-da0c-4ce5-b20e-f92bbdfde86c

Hopefully my question is clear: I am copying not syncing. I am not permitted to create a sync between my files on Onedrive business account to my Ondrive personal account, so I just copy the folder every month to ensure I have all my information current. Appreciate any feedback.

:)

netorius77, Nov 30, 2019
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Nov 30, 2019
  3. Wozzer Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Nov 30, 2019
  4. How to ignore existing files when copying files to Onedrive (not syncing)

How to copy files from PC to OneDrive with no syncing enabled

Hello,
    Windows 10 OneDrive seems to only want to operate as your primary file storage repository with your PC being a potential backup for OneDrive. I do not want to use it in that manner. How do I use OneDrive to simply copy selected files and folders from my PC to OneDrive without any Syncing enabled? If I deselect 'Sync files and folders' in OneDrive settings, it seems to disable the OneDrive link in File Explorer. Ideally I would like to have a backup setup to sync OneDrive with my PC so that OneDrive mirrors my PC...not the other way around. However, I would be happy with just figuring out how to copy files from PC to OneDrive using File Explorer.

Your help is greatly appreciated.
    Best Regards,

addmorebhp, Nov 30, 2019
Thema:

How to ignore existing files when copying files to Onedrive (not syncing)

1. How to ignore existing files when copying files to Onedrive (not syncing) - Similar Threads - ignore existing files

2. How to get File Explorer to skip all existing files when copying?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get File Explorer to skip all existing files when copying?: When copying files from a PC to an Android phone, Windows 10 would bring up the prompt below. If I check the 'Do this for all conflicts' and click on 'Don't copy', the whole copy Operation stops and Explorer doesn't try to copy the non existing files. Is this a bug? It seems...
  3. How to get File Explorer to skip all existing files when copying?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get File Explorer to skip all existing files when copying?: When copying files from a PC to an Android phone, Windows 10 would bring up the prompt below. If I check the 'Do this for all conflicts' and click on 'Don't copy', the whole copy Operation stops and Explorer doesn't try to copy the non existing files. Is this a bug? It seems...
  4. How to get File Explorer to skip all existing files when copying?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Copy and skipping existing files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copy and skipping existing files.: Is there any way that I can copy files from one folder to another and automatically skipping all existing files in the destination folder using a batch file? I know I can do it usung File Explorer, but I want to know how to do it from a batch file. If I use the /v option,...
  6. OneDrive Syncing Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Syncing Files: Hi all, I am wondering if there is a way to stop a group of files for a game from syncing and taking up space on my onedrive without just pausing it. The problem I have with pausing is that some of the files after their initial download are immediately putting some of...
  7. OneDrive is not syncing files

OneDrive is not syncing files: Hi I am using a Toshiba Laptop running Windows 7, and an HP Eliteone 800 G3 All-in-one PC running Windows 10. I can see files in OneDrive on both the Laptop and the PC, however they are not the same files (there are more on the PC view than on the laptop view). Of those...
  8. onedrive file syncing

onedrive file syncing: i am unbale to select the folders that can be synced to me onedrive on my PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-file-syncing/f968e02e-90f5-4ae7-9b87-135de880fbac"
  9. Files not syncing to OneDrive

Files not syncing to OneDrive: I have recently run into some issues with my files that I edit on my Mac not syncing to my computer and overdrive.com account properly. I have chatted with Microsoft agents, let them remote control my computer, and still no help! The last agent even started a new OneDrive...
  10. How to copy files from PC to OneDrive with no syncing enabled

in Windows 10 Support
    How to copy files from PC to OneDrive with no syncing enabled: Hello, Windows 10 OneDrive seems to only want to operate as your primary file storage repository with your PC being a potential backup for OneDrive. I do not want to use it in that manner. How do I use OneDrive to simply copy selected files and folders from my PC to OneDrive...