Windows 10: How to image 2 hard drives with raid 1

Discus and support How to image 2 hard drives with raid 1 in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I am replacing old hard drives before they go bad. Hard drives are 8 years old. I have made many single hard drive images with macrium reflect but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by copiman, Dec 6, 2020.

1. copiman Win User

How to image 2 hard drives with raid 1

I am replacing old hard drives before they go bad. Hard drives are 8 years old. I have made many single hard drive images with macrium reflect but never with 2 drives and raid 1. Wanted to get some input on how to do it or point me in the right direction to find out how. Windows 10 Pro. Version 2004. OS Build 19041.630

:)

copiman, Dec 6, 2020
  2. jimbo45 Win User

RAID 1 Recognized as 2 Hard Drives

Hi there.

Is the RAID driver recognised - with all these W10 updates who knows what happens.

If it's a Hardware RAID card then check BIOS setting at boot. Also there will probably be some sort of RAID boot menu - for example setting up Logical drives / striping etc etc.

If it's software ensure RAID driver is recognized.

The chances are that Windows doesn't recognize the RAID card so that's where I'd start from. Backup though data on the RAID HDD's first because a suggestion would be to unplug the RAID card and re-insert again after a total POWER OFF. If you can put it into a different slot. You want Windows to recognize the hardware.

Before doing these types of updates I'd always image the system - things like Macrium are ideal for that. Then if the update hoses up your system just restore the previous image.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Dec 6, 2020
  3. Bazsl1 Win User
    Can I use a RAID 1 drive array as my Windows boot drive?

I am not going to use hardware RAID. I want to use Windows Storage Spaces to create the RAID 1 array from two identical hard drives.

Do I install Windows on the first hard drive then create the RAID array using Storage Spaces?

When I create the RAID array will Windows automatically mirror the Windows installation including the boot partition to the second drive so the RAID array is bootable?

Are their any steps unique to this setup that I must follow when installing Windows or creating the RAID array so that the RAID array will be bootable?

Bazsl1, Dec 6, 2020
  4. How to image 2 hard drives with raid 1

New Computer build with ssd boot and 2 - 1tb raid 1 hard drives

Are you sure you didn't misread my post or maybe I misinformed but I have the ssd for the boot and 2-1tb hard drives for the raid 1 configuration I want 1tb to save info to and the second 1tb as the mirror drive for back up of business files etc...

seanhennessy, Dec 6, 2020
Thema:

How to image 2 hard drives with raid 1

1. How to image 2 hard drives with raid 1 - Similar Threads - image hard drives

2. RAID 5 Across Hard Drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RAID 5 Across Hard Drives: Hello,I am building a NAS and I have 1x 8TB HHD and 3x 3TB HHD. Can I set all 4 drives up in RAID 5 even though one drive is 8TB and not 3TB? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/raid-5-across-hard-drives/3639c094-b898-4d9e-9af3-bd322e4aa7cf
  3. transfering all files from 2 hard drives to 1 hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    transfering all files from 2 hard drives to 1 hard drive: the C-Drive is the one i have windows installed onmy current pc has 2 hard drives and the pc i am about to get has only one.a bunch of programs have the program installed on the D-Drive while the config/save files are on the C-Drive.because copying everything takes for ever...
  4. Only 1/2 of my hard drive is available

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Only 1/2 of my hard drive is available: I upgraded my gaming PC's hardware and software. I add (2) 500GB disks from a system I wasn't using anymore. One disk was a Windows10 x32 system disk and had 4 partitions , one partition was 'Reserved'. I deleted all the partitions but when I was done I only show 298GBs...
  5. Can not create a folder named "Images" on a internal RAID 1 GPT drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can not create a folder named "Images" on a internal RAID 1 GPT drive.: I have had a RAID 1 drive using WD 6TB drives for several years Drive E. Over the last week, I started getting errors stating that I can not edit files contained within a folder called Images. I have well over 18K images in the folder. This means I can not edit my images or...
  6. Raid 1 Drives disappeared in Win10

Raid 1 Drives disappeared in Win10: I am using a Dell T-130 server running Windows 10 pro since 2017. The machine is setup to use RAID in the bios. there is a C: drive that the machine boots from and there are 3 identical 1.8T drives that are in a RAID 1 config. These show as D: drive. There is also a DVR RW...
  7. Can you Defragment and Optimize an Intel RST RAID 1 Volume (2 Hard Disk Drives) in Windows...

Can you Defragment and Optimize an Intel RST RAID 1 Volume (2 Hard Disk Drives) in Windows...: Can you (or should you) Defragment and Optimize an Intel Rapid Storage Technology RAID 1 Volume or should you just leave the Volume alone? My Configuration: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Intel Rapid Storage Technology Version 14.5.0.1081 Volume1: 2 x 2 TB Seagate Desktop...
  8. RAID 1 Recognized as 2 Hard Drives

RAID 1 Recognized as 2 Hard Drives: My custom build is now about a year old. Whe n I first set it up, I configured hardware RAID 1 and the fresh windows install worked perfect. Now after a few upgrades the drives are not seen as a RAID anymore but 1 separate drives. Funny thing is when I mounted on a...
  9. 1 SSD or 2 SSD RAID-0

1 SSD or 2 SSD RAID-0: In preparation for Windows 10 I plan on completely resetting my hard drive configuration since I currently have it spanning four hard drives. Right now my OS sits on a 128GB SSD while all the programs, games, photos, family videos, etc. sit on a mechanical 1TB drive. I...
  10. Raided hard drive unallocated

Raided hard drive unallocated: Hello ten forums does anyboby here can me how to fix my raided 2 hard drive without losing any data.. i encounter this. when i open my mycomputer i cannot read my hard drive and my raided drive in device manager was this. look at the picture 5%x Anybody here can...