Windows 10: How to import and build a maven project into mscode

Discus and support How to import and build a maven project into mscode in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I hope I am in the right forum. I have searched and could not find a forum for mscode. I am trying to download the source from alg4 github... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ShawnMofid, Dec 5, 2019.

1. How to import and build a maven project into mscode

How to import and build a maven project into mscode ed03f48e-d5ef-4051-9f96-c2677577601b?upload=true.png
    I hope I am in the right forum. I have searched and could not find a forum for mscode.

I am trying to download the source from alg4 github site and run one of the files called BinarySearch. It seems to be a Maven project, and I have read the relevant documentation for mscode but I seem to be missing something. The App.Class file in the target directory seems too small, and it does not respond to Java command from command line.

:)

ShawnMofid, Dec 5, 2019

2. Batch Maven build breaking cmd.exe?

I had a Windows .bat file with a script for compilation of a project I'm working on. The last command is a maven build. Since it takes a while to finish, I wanted to be notified when it does.

I figured that the easiest way would be the equivalent to echo -e '\a' . So I looked around a bit and added echo <BELL>(<BELL> being a byte with the code 0x07) at the end of my script. I added echo in front of all commands for a quick test and it worked like a charm.

Removed the echos and ran the script. A few minutes later I notice it's finished. I didn't hear the bell, but assumed I just wasn't paying attention. Retested with echoes and it bell-ed just fine. However this has happened several times and I now know for a fact I'm not just missing it, it isn't there.

I've tried making a simple C program just running printf("\a") to the same results. I've then just tried an echo please work, this text didn't show up either. I've figured out that the difference is in the maven command being or not being echoed out. To sum up:

• Windows 10, Maven for Windows as last effective command in .bat batch script
    • If mvn command is prepended with echo everythng works as it should
    • If mvn command is ran subsequent commands in the .bat do not run
    • Once the script finishes there appears to be nothing wrong with the cmd.exe instance

I have Cygwin (needed for the build) so if it's usefull for debugging that's not a problem.

EDIT: So it appears Maven is a batch file itself. Interrestingly, where mvn lists first bhahlabh\mnv (a bash script) and then blahblah\mvn.com

Mr Redstoner, Dec 5, 2019
  3. Norton Win User
    Crunchers Helping Crunchers : The New Project

Suggestion: If we do the build those that contribute all get put "in the hat" and someone gets picked for a nice treat.

I'm thinking a video card, psu, or something like that *Smile How to import and build a maven project into mscode :)

What do you think????

***EDIT- added a suggestion list for the Thank You prize ***

Cruncher's Helping Crunchers Project Thank You suggestions:
    - Video card
    - PSU
    - Gift card (area specific)
    - Water cooling setup

Norton, Dec 5, 2019
  4. How to import and build a maven project into mscode

How to avoid the MPLAB X IDE v5.10 behavior of build errors whenever a user clones the project Github Repository

I am asking how to correct the unexpected behavior of MPLABX IDE v5.10, detailed below. The end goal of this would be to successfully build the code project in MPLABX by understanding what could be causing the unexpected build errors.

MPLABX IDE v5.10 does not produce build errors on the source computer running Windows 10 that pushed the local code to the repository SWIM-team-junior-project. Any other computer that clones the repository using Git Command Line tool in PowerShell on Windows 10, will show build errors.

To see the repository issue with the Makefile output see the link SWIM team project Github Issue

To reproduce the entire (quite lengthy) process, the steps below show how to do so:

Followed by creating a new MPLABX project, with the following settings:

• Microchip Embedded -> Standalone Project
    • Select Device -> PIC32MZ2048EFG144
    • Select Tool (Optional) -> Simulator
    • Select Compiler -> XC32 (v2.15) [C:\Program Files (x86)\Microchip\xc32\v2.15\bin]
    • Select Project Name and Folder -> "practice_master_clone_a"

And in the GUI for MPLABX IDE the following screenshots and captions describe the steps used to reference the cloned repository code files into the MPLABX IDE project named "practice_master_clone_a". Note that the integrated Git tool in MPLABX IDE is not being used. The Git command line tool is being used in PowerShell.

Lastly, enter "Project Properties" in the dialogue window showing from right-clicking on the name of the project in the Navigator window, shown in the image below:

• Project Properties
    • Followed by changing to "Categories:" -> "Conf: [default] -> XC32 (Global Options) -> xc32-ld
    • Then change the Heap size (bytes) and Minimum stack size (bytes) both to 2048 as shown highlighted in red in the screenshot below:
    • Project Properties Categories

Following all of the above steps results in a "BUILD FAILED", the output of which is included at the very bottom of this post. However, the build is successful for the source machine that pushes the original MPLABX IDE project to the github repository.

Peter Stine, Dec 5, 2019
Thema:

How to import and build a maven project into mscode

1. How to import and build a maven project into mscode - Similar Threads - import build maven

2. Maven Project Build Failing while running scripts in Azure Pipeline

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Maven Project Build Failing while running scripts in Azure Pipeline: 022-12-14T06:54:53.8218876Z Session ID: 4626866e75cc8e4c7b26d03cc5f2536b2022-12-14T06:54:53.8219297Z *** Element info: {Using=xpath, value=//span[text ='Select Video Assessment']}2022-12-14T06:54:53.8219719Z at sun.reflect.GeneratedConstructorAccessor37.newInstanceUnknown...
  3. Maven Project Build Failing while running scripts in Azure Pipeline

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Maven Project Build Failing while running scripts in Azure Pipeline: 022-12-14T06:54:53.8218876Z Session ID: 4626866e75cc8e4c7b26d03cc5f2536b2022-12-14T06:54:53.8219297Z *** Element info: {Using=xpath, value=//span[text ='Select Video Assessment']}2022-12-14T06:54:53.8219719Z at sun.reflect.GeneratedConstructorAccessor37.newInstanceUnknown...
  4. How to build a .waproj MSIX project using msbuild from build tools

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How to build a .waproj MSIX project using msbuild from build tools: I am trying to work out how to build my .waproj project, and builds a bundle for a WINUI3 project from the command line for a teamcity auto CLI build systemI have installed VS 2022 build tools C:\Program Files x86\Microsoft Visual Studio\2022\BuildTools\MSBuild\Current\Bin,...
  5. How to build a .waproj MSIX project using msbuild from build tools

How to build a .waproj MSIX project using msbuild from build tools: I am trying to work out how to build my .waproj project, and builds a bundle for a WINUI3 project from the command line for a teamcity auto CLI build systemI have installed VS 2022 build tools C:\Program Files x86\Microsoft Visual Studio\2022\BuildTools\MSBuild\Current\Bin,...
  6. How to build a .waproj MSIX project using msbuild from build tools

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. IMPORTANT Regarding windows build update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IMPORTANT Regarding windows build update: to whom it may concern, my name is Anna Bellone from Nyc. I am writing because when i click the windows inside program.. It says there is a new windows build available. when i click on the windows updates, there is no new updates? Where are the windows updates for the new...
  8. IMPORTANT Regarding windows build update

IMPORTANT Regarding windows build update: to whom it may concern, my name is Anna Bellone from Nyc. I am writing because when i click the windows inside program.. It says there is a new windows build available. when i click on the windows updates, there is no new updates? Where are the windows updates for the new...
  9. Why my maven commands don't work in PowerShell?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my maven commands don't work in PowerShell?: Why my maven commands don't work in PowerShell? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-maven-commands-dont-work-in-powershell/46291009-6989-4fcf-bb7a-a6c2e7525739
  10. No Project Spartan in Build 10049

in Browsers and Email
    No Project Spartan in Build 10049: Hi there. I recently installed 10049, but Project Spartan is not there or isn't working. When I go to All Apps and search under P for Project Spartan, there is an icon. When I click on it, it puts a big picture of Project Spartan on the screen, but there is no Internet...