Windows 10: How to import contacts from Outlook Express (.wab file)?

Discus and support How to import contacts from Outlook Express (.wab file)? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I am trying to migrate from XP to Windows 10. On XP, I have a large address book in a .wab file. I couldn't find any help about how to access it in... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jfniss, Mar 11, 2016.

1. jfniss Win User

How to import contacts from Outlook Express (.wab file)?

I am trying to migrate from XP to Windows 10. On XP, I have a large address book in a .wab file. I couldn't find any help about how to access it in Windows 10, so I tried clicking on the .wab file. Windows 10 then said it was importing my contacts. The process took a few minutes, and I could see my contacts' names flying by. It seemed to finish normally, but now I can't find the contracts on Windows 10. After the import, there was a message saying my contacts were in something called People. I found People in the Start menu under All Apps, but when it opened, it said "No contacts were found." Please help.

:)

jfniss, Mar 11, 2016
  2. watchar Win User

N97 sync with outlook contacts

ChilyCat said:

imported a CSV of my contacts to Outlook Express (XP) then exported it to my desktop as a WAB file, then opened PC Suite, opened Contacts, then selected and dragged all contacts from the open WAB into Contacts window...

What is a WAB file? Not listed as file type when I try to export my Outlook contacts.

Tim

watchar, Mar 11, 2016
  3. People - How do you import contacts into People for Windows 10?

I would like to import from widows contacts (windows 10) into the people app. but can't fid a way to do it. I have a .WAB file from Outlook Express from XP and Vcard files. They seem to only import into Windows Contacts.

PhilCarcione, Mar 11, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

Put Contacts in the Search or Run box and it should take you to the Contacts Folder in C:\Users\YOUR_NAMZE\Contacts. I usually use Windows Address Book on WinXP to Export the contacts to a .csv/Comma Separated Value file which can be use for importing into a number of E-Mail programs and some Webmail and can also be opened in a spreadsheet program such as Microsoft Excel, Corel/WordPerfect Quattro Pro, Lotus 1-2-3, LibreOffice, OpenOffice, etc.
    OEClassic has a built-in address book. OE Classic - Easy to use Outlook Express replacement

Berton, Mar 11, 2016
  5. jfniss Win User
    Thanks for your very helpful reply. I may need to consult you again as new XP migration problems arise. I'm sure I tried searching Contacts and got no result. (I can't try again now, because I've swapped back in the HDD with my XP system. XP works just fine for me. I'm being forced to upgrade because Google Chrome and other apps may stop working right after a while.) Does Windows 10 expect users to put their contacts and mail on the Microsoft cloud? That gives me pause ... OE Classic seems like a good solution, thanks for the link. What about Thunderbird?
    Best,
    Jim

jfniss, Mar 12, 2016
  6. Berton Win User
    Thunderbird is okay but sometimes more difficult to work with when changing computers.

Berton, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to import contacts from Outlook Express (.wab file)? - Similar Threads - import contacts Outlook

2. Import outlook express contacts to outlook 365

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Import outlook express contacts to outlook 365: I have a .wab file which I would like to import to Outlook 365. I have tried exporting .was to .csv but doesn't import correctly - just the names without the detail. Any help will be much appreciated....
  3. Import outlook express contacts to outlook 365

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Import outlook express contacts to outlook 365: I have a .wab file which I would like to import to Outlook 365. I have tried exporting .was to .csv but doesn't import correctly - just the names without the detail. Any help will be much appreciated....
  4. exporting contacts from gmail to csv file then importing the .csv file to outlook

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    exporting contacts from gmail to csv file then importing the .csv file to outlook: I have a dell 15-3567 win 10 OS and Outlook 2019 I am trying to exporting contacts from gmail to a csv file on my desktopwhich I have done sucessfully, then importing the .csv file into outlook. to use in outlook E-mail in Outlook 2019 ,when I choose file, open &...
  5. Importing Outlook contacts to Microsoft Picures

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Importing Outlook contacts to Microsoft Picures: When I go to share a photo there is a Mail Icon, but it only has a fes contacts in it. When I tried to send to one of the contacts it failed to send. Can you help?...
  6. unable to import Contacts into OE Express

unable to import Contacts into OE Express: I am unable to gain access to contacts file as there is a black square in the read only tick box on the security tab on file preferences. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-import-contacts-into-oe-express/d607965e-2fb3-40c3-8c2a-95eb821de795"
  7. Import contacts from outlook 2010 to outlook 10. How do i do that?

Import contacts from outlook 2010 to outlook 10. How do i do that?: Hi! I just bought a surface pro and i want to get my contacts imported from outlook 2010 to outlook 10. How do i do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/import-contacts-from-outlook-2010-to-outlook-10/f3b36727-888a-460d-b583-bc7c17eaa035"
  8. Importing Outlook Express E-mail

in Browsers and Email
    Importing Outlook Express E-mail: My parents Windows 7 laptop fried recently, I got them a new HP 350 G2 which came with Win8.1 and i upgraded to 10. My father used to use outlook express with an email through his ISP, and the only way I see to import that email into a new account involves being on the...
  9. Import Contacts from iCloud or iPhone into Outlook 2007

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Import Contacts from iCloud or iPhone into Outlook 2007: Somewhere in the update/install process of Windows 10 (and re-installing Outlook 2007), I lost my contacts in my Outlook account. The contacts remain in my iCloud account and on my iPhone. Can someone please instruct me on how to import all the contacts back in to my desktop...
  10. Import Outlook Email, Contacts, and Calendar from PST file

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Import Outlook Email, Contacts, and Calendar from PST file: How to: Import Outlook Email, Contacts, and Calendar from PST file How to Import Outlook Email, Contacts, and Calendar from PST file Outlook 2016 lets you focus on whats important with a clear view of email, calendars, and contacts. If you have already exported your...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. import wab file windows 10

2. how import wab contacts to outlook addresses windows 10

3. importing wab contact files into windows 10

4. import wab file into windows 10 mail,
  5. how to import wap files in to outlook,
  6. how do you import a .wab file,
  7. import .wab file into outlook 2019,
  8. windows 10 import wab file,
  9. windows 10 mail accessing outlook express wab file,
  10. import wab file,
  11. import wab file outlook windows