Windows 10: how to import contacts into Windows 10 mail people? from a VCard file on a hard drive

Discus and support how to import contacts into Windows 10 mail people? from a VCard file on a hard drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; just migrated to Windows from Mac. I exported my Mac mail contacts to a hard drive as a VCard file and I'm struggling with how I then import these... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AnthonyThompson_888, Jan 1, 2020.

1. how to import contacts into Windows 10 mail people? from a VCard file on a hard drive

just migrated to Windows from Mac.

I exported my Mac mail contacts to a hard drive as a VCard file and I'm struggling with how I then import these into Windows 10 People.

When I go into People on Windows and click Import Contacts it only gives me options to import them from online sources such as Outlook.com, Exchange, Google, Yahoo or iCloud.

How can I bring them all in from the hard drive I've connected?

:)

AnthonyThompson_888, Jan 1, 2020

2. Importing VCard Contacts from Vista into Windows 10

I was previously told that to use my VCard contacts in Windows 10 Mail, that I simply had to import the VCard files into C:\users\(user name)\contacts in Windows 10.

As you can see in this screenshot, I have added all of the contacts into the location specified. However, my contacts are still not available in Mail or People. I am able to manually create contacts in
    People and immediately use them in Mail, but I do not want to manually enter every single one of my contacts into People.

How can I import these contacts directly into People?

how to import contacts into Windows 10 mail people? from a VCard file on a hard drive f1c8f90b-68f0-4de7-8ff3-b297978aae65.png

CarsonMeren, Jan 1, 2020
  3. Abr2704 Win User
    Importing from a vCard File into People App (Windows 10)

I need to import a vCard file into the People application on Outlook, so it will sync with my Windows Phone. This functionality is not available. I normally store my contacts in Vcard and there is great difficulty for me to import these contacts to the People
    app on Outlook or Windows 10. I have to create an account with Google/Yahoo and import than sign in to Microsoft and sync it.

It will be very useful if it was, it was previously discussed and Microsoft said they were looking into it back in 2012:

Import a vCard or vcf into my contacts or People space

Can you guys please do this already?

Abr2704, Jan 1, 2020
  4. MikeK77 Win User

how to import contacts into Windows 10 mail people? from a VCard file on a hard drive

Import vCard with multiple contacts into Windows Phone 8

Hi, I did it though Microsoft really tried to make it hard for the users.

At Stage 1 I launched data transfer just as described in another post on this forum then hit settings, i.e. the three dots at the right bottom corner and selected import from SD-card. The contacts got imported but they were still not displayed in the contacts
    list. Possibly they were there but it took some time to synchronize 1000 contacts with my outlook.com account.

So at stage 2 I went to my outlook.com account (live.com, Hotmail.com etc., it's not all just google) and clicked on the available apps at the top left corner (9 squares and picked People). All the contacts got synchronized and appeared after a while, I
    had to wait for a about 2 minutes though. I think my contacts got synchronized from to the outlook.com account the smartphone after all but in Outlook-People you can select Manage-Import contacts and upload the file from the PC as well.

At stage 3 you get back to People in the smartphone and select three little dots at the right bottom corner, hit parameters, then make sure one or several of your mail accounts (outlook, live, hotmail etc.) is there and in the contacts filter, check the
    boxes of account(s) that have the contacts list. And there you go, the contacts appeared in the contacts list. If you know the process it's not hard at all but it takes some time because the steps are different from all previous vcf phones and those in Android.

MikeK77, Jan 1, 2020
Thema:

how to import contacts into Windows 10 mail people? from a VCard file on a hard drive

1. how to import contacts into Windows 10 mail people? from a VCard file on a hard drive - Similar Threads - import contacts mail

2. how to export contacts as in PEOPLE used by MAIL to allow import into outlook?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to export contacts as in PEOPLE used by MAIL to allow import into outlook?: HOW TO EXPORT CONTACTS as in PEOPLE used by MAIL/ So I canm use the new outlook. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-export-contacts-as-in-people-used-by-mail/e4e5ad93-9693-4258-8a99-09534566ad0b
  3. how to export contacts as in PEOPLE used by MAIL to allow import into outlook?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to export contacts as in PEOPLE used by MAIL to allow import into outlook?: HOW TO EXPORT CONTACTS as in PEOPLE used by MAIL/ So I canm use the new outlook. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-export-contacts-as-in-people-used-by-mail/e4e5ad93-9693-4258-8a99-09534566ad0b
  4. Import contacts from Live Mail to Mail on Windows 10

Import contacts from Live Mail to Mail on Windows 10: I have my contacts from Live Mail in a cvs file...how do I import them into my new computer with Mail on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/import-contacts-from-live-mail-to-mail-on-windows/2edaa469-79ac-4cf7-84d8-99d65a999e77
  5. Importing Live Mail contacts to the Windows-10 New Mail People folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Importing Live Mail contacts to the Windows-10 New Mail People folder: I just set up a new PC, and cannot set up Windows Live Mail, as it is no longer supported. I tried to import contacts into the Windows-10 People folder, but it cannot find my Live Mail account. I find no 'help' established for this. Seems Windows-10 mail is geared for mobile...
  6. How to import contacts into Windows 10 Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to import contacts into Windows 10 Mail: How do we import contacts into Windows 10 Mail, this seems to be an unanswered problem effecting many people. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-import-contacts-into-windows-10-mail/a2f9786c-c706-4817-956c-86fa45c1f8d6
  7. Importing Contact file from Internet Explorer into People App

Importing Contact file from Internet Explorer into People App: I have a Contacts file in Internet Explorer that I would like to either sync or export to People app in Windows 10 Mail. How do I do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/importing-contact-file-from-internet-explorer-into/da67406c-a802-42ac-bab0-24022a6b12ed
  8. Windows Mail/People import CSV file

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Mail/People import CSV file: I see some articles here that must be using a different Windows Mail, because mine does not look like what they say. In 'About' mine says version 16005.10827.20137.0. Is that the correct one?? If so, can I import contacts?...
  9. Importing contacts to People app

Importing contacts to People app: Why isn't there a simple way to import .csv or .vcf files into the Windows 10 People app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-win_people/importing-contacts-to-people-app/0d68f2a1-021b-436f-a663-d6cfd36ed24a
  10. Importing Contacts to Windows 10 People

in Browsers and Email
    Importing Contacts to Windows 10 People: I've sent my contacts from Outlook to a .csv file. I cannot find a way to import that file into Windows 10 People app. I've been searching and searching online, and the only instructions I've found is to link my Outlook to People, and even that doesn't work. When I've...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. import contact in micosoft mail

2. how to import adresses to windows mail

3. import vcf windows 10 mail

4. imort contacts in VCF aormat to windows 10 mail,
  5. csv file for contacts,
  6. how to import contact from gmail mail in window phone