Windows 10: How to import my old OneNote books to Windows 10

Discus and support How to import my old OneNote books to Windows 10 in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I have upgraded my system to windows 10 and when trying to open my saved OneNote books I could'nt. I see the Icons but nothing inside. Windows proposes... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by KhaloP3, Jan 15, 2020.

1. KhaloP3 Win User

How to import my old OneNote books to Windows 10

I have upgraded my system to windows 10 and when trying to open my saved OneNote books I could'nt. I see the Icons but nothing inside. Windows proposes to find a converter on the net, which I don't like to do for security reasons. Can you help please. Thanking you in advance

:)

KhaloP3, Jan 15, 2020
  2. Kari Win User

Import OneNote 2010 into Windows 10 OneNote

Having moved to Office 2016, I had to first install Office 2010 to a virtual test machine to get screenshots. Here we go, this is the the process which you have to repeat for each notebook you want to open in Windows 10 built-in OneNote app.

1.) If your notebooks are already stored in OneDrive, jump to step 7. If they are stored locally, open OneNote 2010.

I created a simple Sample Notebook to show this process:

How to import my old OneNote books to Windows 10 [​IMG]
    (Click screenshots to enlarge)
    2.) Open the File menu, select Info > Share on Web or Network:

3.) Select Web, click Sign In:

4.) Enter your MS account credentials:

Note If you have enabled two-step authentication on your MS account, you need first create an app password and use it here instead of the MS account password.

5.) Select in which OneDrive folder you want to save the notebook, click Share Notebook:

6.) Close OneNote 2010

7.) Open Windows 10 OneNote app. If you sign in to Windows with a Microsoft (MS) account, jump to step 11. If you sign in with a local account click Personal Microsoft Account:

8.) Sign in to your MS account:
    '

9.) Enter your Windows password, click Sign in to just this app instead:

Note This is important! Do not click Next here, it will convert your local Windows user account to an MS account!

10.) Click Start using OneNote:

11.) You can now start using Windows 10 OneNote app, having access to your notebooks:

Remember that you can also use, access and edit your notebooks stored in OneDrive online at outlook.com:

3. Kari Win User
    Import OneNote 2010 into Windows 10 OneNote

Something I thought is worth to test:

Go to OneNote Online (Microsoft OneNote | The digital note-taking app for your devices), sign in if you are not automatically signed in:

Select Sign in with a Microsoft account, in the next dialog enter your MS account credentials:

You should now see a list of your notebooks:

If no notebooks are found you will see this:

Please tell us when testing this did you see your notebooks in OneNote Online?

4. KhaloP3 Win User

I have upgraded my system to windows 10 and when trying to open my saved OneNote books I could'nt. I see the Icons but nothing inside. Windows proposes to find a converter on the net, which I don't like to do for security reasons. Can you help please. Thanking you in advance

KhaloP3, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

1. How to import my old OneNote books to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - import old OneNote

2. Importing Address book into Windows 10 Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Importing Address book into Windows 10 Mail: How do I import my Thunderbird address book into Windows 10 Mail? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/importing-address-book-into-windows-10-mail/50679e8d-556c-4074-99dd-aec7fa5b72ea
  3. Importing old emails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Importing old emails: how import old eml files stored locally in windows 10 mail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/importing-old-emails/290f5e26-b1cf-4b2a-939d-4180dcb0cf6e
  4. importing contacts from outlook address book to my xfinity/comcast address book.

importing contacts from outlook address book to my xfinity/comcast address book.: Okay, I am trying to "migrate" my outlook 2016 contacts to xfinity/comcast address book but am having a problem. I open xfinity/comcast and select import contacts and it says migration is in progress but the time elapse wheel keeps going and going and going and nothing...
  5. How to find my OneNote. (After reinstalled Windows 10)

How to find my OneNote. (After reinstalled Windows 10): Because of problems, I reinstalled Windows 10 (from ISO). Now OneNote is gone. How to find it (my OneNote)? Appreciate very much of your help. Skip...
  6. How to backup Onenote for Windows 10?

How to backup Onenote for Windows 10?: ***Note! This is about Onenote for Windows 10. Not the separate Onenote which comes with Office. How does one backup Onenote for Windows 10? I know it's synchronized but for instance in a case of an accidental delete. ***Note! This is about Onenote for Windows 10. Not the...
  7. OneNote For Windows 10

OneNote For Windows 10: In OneNote 2016 I can Print from PowerPoint and send to OneNote 2016 and create multiple pages in Onenote 2016. This is essential for me because I read through many presentations, of over 50 pages, and I need the ability to create links in OneNote to the individual pages....
  8. HELP! OneNote Importer Completed but NOTHING Appears in OneNote!

HELP! OneNote Importer Completed but NOTHING Appears in OneNote!: Hi, I finally decided to make the move from Evernote to OneNote. I used the OneNote Importer on Windows 10 and selected all notebooks from Evernote. The process took 30 minutes and completed import of over 2000 notes. HOWEVER, when I launch OneNote app on Win 10, there is...
  9. how to manage my address book on windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to manage my address book on windows 10: I am getting more frustrated with each attempt trying to find my address book on Windows 10.. It desperately needs updating. Where or where is it hiding it on my PC? Never had the problem using earlier versions. Some help instructions tell me to use a down arrow in the left...
  10. Import OneNote 2010 into Windows 10 OneNote

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Import OneNote 2010 into Windows 10 OneNote: I see the new Windows 10 OneNote, and it looks pretty different to me from OneNote 2010, but I wanted to at least try it. But I can't find anyway to import my notebooks from 2010. Is there anyway to do this? I keep getting messages about "updating", but I don't know if that's...