Windows 10: How to import or export saved passwords from Microsoft Edge

Discus and support How to import or export saved passwords from Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]If you want to import or export saved passwords from the Microsoft Edge browser, then this article will be helpful for you. For this, you […]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jul 31, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

How to import or export saved passwords from Microsoft Edge

WinClub, Jul 31, 2020

2. IE 11 Cannot Import from Edge

Hi Nicholas,

As a workaround, we suggest you to export favorites from Microsoft Edge into a .html file and afterwards, import the .html file to Internet Explorer 11.

Here are the steps:

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on the three horizontal dots on the upper-right corner of the Microsoft Edge window, and then click on
      Settings.
    • Under Favorites, click on the View favorites settings.
    • Under Import or export a file, click on Export to file.
    • Select the folder where you want to save the .html file of your Microsoft Edge favorites, and then
      Save.

Once you have the .html file of your Microsoft Edge favorites, follow the steps below on how to import them to Internet Explorer 11.

• Open Internet Explorer 11.
    • On the menu bar, click on File, and then click on Import and export.
    • In the Import/Export Settings window, select Import from a file, and then click on
      Next.
    • In the next window, click on the checkbox for Favorites, and then click
      Next.
    • Browse and open the .html file you want to import, and then click Next.
    • Select Favorites to import to, and then click Import.
    • Once done, click on Finish.

Hope this helps.

Patricia Yu, Jul 31, 2020
  3. How to import passwords from chrome to edge

I have tried this but Edge will no accept the .csv file and says "couldn't import favourites". Also the "Import from file" button when pressed is looking for an .html file. I have converted the .csv to .html and edge will bot accept either.

TomMartin6, Jul 31, 2020
  4. AGAGAG Win User

how to import passwords from Chrome to Edge

Are there any further steps to import passwords? I have all bookmarks and favourites in EDGE, but no saved passwords

AGAGAG, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

1. How to import or export saved passwords from Microsoft Edge - Similar Threads - import export saved

2. Export/Import Edge folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Export/Import Edge folder: I'm getting ready to move a project from one computer to another one. Is it possible to export 1 folder under _MyFavorites on one computer and import it on another computer? If so how?...
  3. Import/Export Edge favorites as HTML

in Browsers and Email
    Import/Export Edge favorites as HTML: I go to settings and more go down and select settings but do not get the GENERAL selections that is shown in step three. Where am I going wrong? I am running Version 20H2 build 19042.685 latest update of Edge shipinomore 170150
  4. Microsoft Edge import passwords

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge import passwords: How to import passwords from Firefox into Edge 2004? There is a "Menu > Settings > General > Import or Export", but nothing for passwords, only for Firefox bookmarks. 162003
  5. Microsoft Edge import passwords

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge import passwords: How to import passwords from Firefox into Edge 2004? There is a "Menu > Settings > General > Import or Export", but nothing for passwords, only for Firefox bookmarks. 162003
  6. Exporting Edge passwords

in Windows 10 Customization
    Exporting Edge passwords: How can I export my edge web site passwords to a .csv file to import to chrome https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/exporting-edge-passwords/39a420e7-2cb5-4697-9804-8a1262970ac5
  7. How to import Chrome passwords in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to import Chrome passwords in Microsoft Edge: Hello, I am wanting to move from the computer and I would like to know how to import Chrome passwords in Microsoft Edge. Please, someone, help me....
  8. How to import passwords from chrome to edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to import passwords from chrome to edge: I've read the posts on how to import Bookmarks and Passwords from Chrome to Edge and I've done it. The problem is that the passwords didn't get transferred. How do I import my saved passwords from Chrome to Edge?...
  9. Import/Export Edge Favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Import/Export Edge Favorites: Microsoft Edge Favorites - Export in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums Though Edge may not be the browser of choice, would like to hear reviews/comments of the above method of export/import of favorites from those that have used the method. This method was designed...
  10. Import or Export Favorites as HTML File in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Import or Export Favorites as HTML File in Microsoft Edge: How to: Import or Export Favorites as HTML File in Microsoft Edge How to Import or Export Microsoft Edge Favorites as HTML File in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be...