Windows 10: How to import Outlook 2016 calendar to Windows Mail app.

Discus and support How to import Outlook 2016 calendar to Windows Mail app. in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Is there a way to import Outlook 2016's Calendar to the Mail app calendar? Thank you. 105257 Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by JJG10, Mar 1, 2018.

1. JJG10 Win User

How to import Outlook 2016 calendar to Windows Mail app.

Is there a way to import Outlook 2016's Calendar to the Mail app calendar?

Thank you.

:)

JJG10, Mar 1, 2018
  2. Mark Bu Win User

Microsoft Creator 1703 Mail App

The article
    Compare Mail and Calendar apps for Windows 10 with Outlook 2016 and Outlook 2013
    states the following:

The Mail and Calendar apps on Windows 10 provide a basic, touch-friendly email and calendar application that is great for use with personal email services, and comes free with every Windows 10 device.

Outlook 2013 and Outlook 2016 also are available for Windows 10 devices, with the purchase of Office 2013, Office 2016, or Office 365. Outlook 2013 and Outlook 2016 are the leading applications for professional email, calendar, contacts, and task management,
    for those who want the richest feature set for email and calendaring.

Mark Bu, Mar 1, 2018
  3. csiemers Win User
    How to make Outlook default Mail and Calendar application in Windows 10

No that doesn't help. As I said I only see the Windows 10 apps, Outlook 2016 is not an option listed.

Again, how I do I set the default app for Mail and Calendar to be Outlook 2016.

csiemers, Mar 1, 2018
  4. How to import Outlook 2016 calendar to Windows Mail app.

Hi JJG10.

I see you used the word import, is it import or sync that you are after.

If it was a one time import you could "export / save as" your calendar and assuming your actual mail service supported calendar you could import the ics file. There is an app (I haven't used) Calendar Restore that would allow you to import ics file In Windows Calendar according to their documentation.

http://www.intowindows.com/how-to-im...s-10-calendar/

Here is a link to "export" your calendar.

https://www.slipstick.com/outlookcom...-com-calendar/

I'm not using the Windows 10 mail app but I wanted my calendar and contacts to sync from Outlook 2013 to my phone which has a calendar and contact app. In big round steps, I opened an outlook.com account, saved my Outlook 2013 calendar and imported into my new outlook.com account. I also exported by contacts and imported them. Then I added my new outlook.com account to Outlook 2013 and set the Outlook.com as the default "Data" account. Now if I change a contact or a calendar entry in Outlook 2013 it syncs with the outlook.com account which syncs with the necessary apps on my phone.

Depending on your mail domain there could be third party apps to sync Outlook 20xx to your mail account which in turn would sync to the Windows 10 apps. CompanionLink comes to mind. My wife was using but eventually we converted to my method.

Could I ask what domain supplies your mail?

Ken

Caledon Ken, Mar 1, 2018
  5. AndreTen Win User
    Like CaledonKen said, one way is to export .ics file (or any other format) and import it in Calender app. That part is tricky, as import (add calendar) works or not... You can change default for .ics file and doubl click on it or select open with, when opening it.

I'm syncing calendars simply by having the same accounts in Mail app and Outlook. This way calendars (Gmail, Outlook, Hotmail and others) are the same in both applications on all computers I'm using (and my phone).

AndreTen, Mar 1, 2018
  6. AndreTen, does your gmail calendar display in Outlook 20XX?

Caledon Ken, Mar 1, 2018
  7. AndreTen Win User
    Now you got me. I don't have gmail acc in Outlook... Only in Mail app. But then, i don't use gmail calendar. Do you have problems? I can try it

AndreTen, Mar 1, 2018
  8. How to import Outlook 2016 calendar to Windows Mail app.

They dropped the "Connector" program that was really slick between gmail and Outlook 20xx.

I have just one calendar, in outlook.com, that syncs to Outlook 20xx and to my phone.

Caledon Ken, Mar 1, 2018
  9. JJG10 Win User
    Thanks Ken,

I am just looking for a one time import and Cox.net supplies my emails. Am not sure if it supports a calendar.

JJG10, Mar 1, 2018
  10. Then that Calendar Restore app should work nicely.

I always move away from telco supplied email addresses. They use them as a hostage when you want to move to new better priced supplier.

Good luck.

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How to import Outlook 2016 calendar to Windows Mail app.

1. How to import Outlook 2016 calendar to Windows Mail app. - Similar Threads - import Outlook 2016

2. how to export a calender from windows mail and calendar app to outlook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to export a calender from windows mail and calendar app to outlook: how to export a calender from windows mail and calendar app to outlook https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-export-a-calender-from-windows-mail-and/2cc8133b-9985-4471-b2f3-dd30e2895239
  3. how to export a calender from windows mail and calendar app to outlook

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to export a calender from windows mail and calendar app to outlook: how to export a calender from windows mail and calendar app to outlook https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-export-a-calender-from-windows-mail-and/2cc8133b-9985-4471-b2f3-dd30e2895239
  4. Importing online calendars in mail app

Importing online calendars in mail app: I am trying to import a calendar from a page online, but when I do its locked and I unable to edit it. Is there a way to fix that? I have set up an outlook address to share with my Mum so we both see the same calendar. How do I add the calendar to that account? 153402
  5. Outlook 2016 - colour categories OK for mail but missing in Calendar

Outlook 2016 - colour categories OK for mail but missing in Calendar: I am running two IMAP accounts and one POP account in Outlook 2016 on W10 64-bit, system fully up to date. I can categorize mail items but in the window for the calendar the categories controls never show, nor on right click on a calendar item (as they used to). I am able to...
  6. Outlook Calendar.com, Outlook 2016, Shared calendars

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook Calendar.com, Outlook 2016, Shared calendars: Dear Spice & I have Outlook.com accounts (both updated), with calendars shared with each other on Outlook.com (co-owner access level). We can update each other's calendar directly on Outlook.com and in W10 Calendar. However, despite being configured as Exchange ActiveSync...
  7. Importing Calendar and Contacts from Outlook 2016 to Windows 10 Mail

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Importing Calendar and Contacts from Outlook 2016 to Windows 10 Mail: I have Outlook 2016 installed as part of Office on my Windows 10 computer and would like to import the 2016 contacts and calendar to the Windows 10 Mail app. I have searched to web for instructions for doing so but have not found an answer. I intend to use the Mail app on a...
  8. How to export outlook 2016 calendar to windows 10 calendar app.

How to export outlook 2016 calendar to windows 10 calendar app.: How can I export my Outlook 2016 calendar to W10's Calendar app? I have tried saving the Outlook Calendar to an ICS file and then opening that file by right clicking on it to open it with the calendar app but it shows up with "busy" for each event. Can someone help me...
  9. Export calendar from Mail and Calendar for Windows 10 to Outlook 2016?

Export calendar from Mail and Calendar for Windows 10 to Outlook 2016?: I'm trying to help a friend who has just installed Office 2016 on her computer, which was recently upgraded from Win7 to Win10. She's been using Outlook.com and has accumulated a fair amount of email, contacts and calendar appointments. I've managed to get her email to...
  10. Outlook Mail and Calendar apps fixed in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Outlook Mail and Calendar apps fixed in Windows 10: The Store team has fixed the issue that caused Outlook Mail and Calendar to not be listed on PC. Available again as of now. Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date 6421

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to import calendars in outlook app