Windows 10: how to import people from Outlook.com to windows 10

Discus and support how to import people from Outlook.com to windows 10 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Problem: · Had to restore computer to factory settings...lost everything. Found people at Outlook.com. Reinstalled Windows 10. Somehow that listing... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by pallen38, Oct 26, 2016.

1. pallen38 Win User

how to import people from Outlook.com to windows 10

Problem:
    · Had to restore computer to factory settings...lost everything. Found people at Outlook.com. Reinstalled Windows 10. Somehow that listing showed up in my computer's Windows 10 "people" app. But when start to list address nothing comes up automatically like before even thought the name I'm typing is in the People listing. Tried finding something like "Auto enter addresses" in settings, but see nothing. Any suggestions? I'd like to use my hundreds of people listed without having to look up and physically enter each one when I want to use it.

Suggested Solution:
    Open the "People" app and in the bottom left corner, click the gear icon
    Note the account name it is associated with
    Open the "Mail" app and confirm that under "Accounts" it is using the same

Resolution attempt:
    Opened people app, clicked on settings gear... two accounts listed Gmail & Cox (my isp), but not Outlook, which is one of the 3 mail accounts that are linked in my Windows 10 mail account. Tried to add an outlook account to people app using my email address and outlook password and tells me "account already exists". Still have to manually input any addresses. thoughts? Would "link profiles" or "share contact" options on individual listings help? thx

:)

pallen38, Oct 26, 2016

2. how to tranfer contact from outlook to nokia lumia 520

Hi Mayank Gautam

Thank you for posting to the forum.

Like Garym123's question marks, there is a difference between Outlook and Outlook.com.

Outlook.com contacts sync automatically in case you are using the same account on Outlook.com and on your phone.

If you are using Outlook on a pc, please go to
    http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/how-to/wp7/people/import-contacts-from-my-pc
    to see how to sync contacts from different Outlook versions.

Kind Regards

Jennymaria S., Oct 26, 2016
  3. Halmha Win User
    How to define contact groups for Windows 10 email client

Bought a new computer with Windows 10. Imported contacts from a .csv file into Outlook.com. Contacts are available to email in Outlook.com and to the email client in Windows 10. Need to define contact groups. Tried adding a new “Contact” containing all addresses
    of the group members. Winows 10 email did not recognize the new “Contact” (though the "Contact" showed in the People App), Outlook.com email used only the address of the first group member. How do I get groups into Windows 10 that are recognized and usable
    by the Windows 10 email client?

Halmha, Oct 26, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

I find the problem most likely is the difference between Outlook [installed E-Mail Client part of Office] and Outlook.com, the online/Webmail replacement for Hotmail.com. The People I have in Hotmail/Outlook.com don't show up in the Contacts under Users on Win10.

Berton, Oct 26, 2016
  5. pallen38 Win User
    Thx. If I understand correctly, Outlook.com/Hotmail has my original people list, but not the Windows 10 people list. Is there any way you know of to duplicate that list on my Windows 10 computer mail app without physically having to enter each name and email? Thx

pallen38, Oct 26, 2016
  6. Berton Win User
    In Outlook.com on the Your People click Manage and you can Export as a spreadsheet .csv file which most installed E-Mail Clients can use to Import to their address book/Contacts. It mentions Microsoft Excel but most spreadsheet programs recognize the format. Can even use Contacts in C:\Users itself to Import.

how to import people from Outlook.com to windows 10 [​IMG]

Berton, Oct 26, 2016
  7. pallen38 Win User
    Very helpful, but still not completely there. Exported people as .csv file...arrow went to downloads...opened, clicked and dragged to C:/users/philallen/contacts and it showed up as an excel spreadsheet. Now can't find it.
    How do I get it from there to windows 10 mail so I don't have to physically look up and type in every address I want to send something to? As before, can see all contacts in Peoplel app, but Windows 10 mail doesn't seem to connect to or recognize them.

pallen38, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. how to import people from Outlook.com to windows 10 - Similar Threads - import Outlook com

2. how to export contacts as in PEOPLE used by MAIL to allow import into outlook?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to export contacts as in PEOPLE used by MAIL to allow import into outlook?: HOW TO EXPORT CONTACTS as in PEOPLE used by MAIL/ So I canm use the new outlook. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-export-contacts-as-in-people-used-by-mail/e4e5ad93-9693-4258-8a99-09534566ad0b
  3. how to export contacts as in PEOPLE used by MAIL to allow import into outlook?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to export contacts as in PEOPLE used by MAIL to allow import into outlook?: HOW TO EXPORT CONTACTS as in PEOPLE used by MAIL/ So I canm use the new outlook. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-export-contacts-as-in-people-used-by-mail/e4e5ad93-9693-4258-8a99-09534566ad0b
  4. Importing from GMail to My People

in Windows 10 Customization
    Importing from GMail to My People: Is there any way to import email contacts from GMail to My People? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/importing-from-gmail-to-my-people/bbb008c6-d72e-47b8-861e-32e902ad7f2d
  5. How to import data into Outlook that came from......

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to import data into Outlook that came from......: How to import into my Outlook 2016 accounts, data that were backed up and exported to my laptop? I've been trying for 2 months and haven't been able to do it. I find it too confusing. I followed some instructions given me but I get to a point where I can't find what it...
  6. Importing Gmail Contacts to Outlook (Hotmail) People

in Browsers and Email
    Importing Gmail Contacts to Outlook (Hotmail) People: I used to be able to export "Contacts" from my Gmail account and import them into Outlook "People" so I could keep my contacts synced between platforms. Unfortunately it hasn't worked for many months. I contacted Microsoft and despite numerous online and emails back and forth...
  7. Can I import people from People App on another computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I import people from People App on another computer?: For some reason the people in the People App on my desktop disappeared. Those on my laptop are still present. Is there some way I can get them from the laptop to desktop? Both machines run under the same MS account. Thank you. 132644
  8. Import contacts from outlook 2010 to outlook 10. How do i do that?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Import contacts from outlook 2010 to outlook 10. How do i do that?: Hi! I just bought a surface pro and i want to get my contacts imported from outlook 2010 to outlook 10. How do i do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/import-contacts-from-outlook-2010-to-outlook-10/f3b36727-888a-460d-b583-bc7c17eaa035"
  9. Importing Contacts to Windows 10 People

in Browsers and Email
    Importing Contacts to Windows 10 People: I've sent my contacts from Outlook to a .csv file. I cannot find a way to import that file into Windows 10 People app. I've been searching and searching online, and the only instructions I've found is to link my Outlook to People, and even that doesn't work. When I've...
  10. How to Import W10 Contacts (aka 'People') into Outlook 2016 Pro

in Microsoft Office and 365
    How to Import W10 Contacts (aka 'People') into Outlook 2016 Pro: Installed Outlook 2016 Preview on W7 with no problems. Address Book showed Contacts. Updated W7 to W10. All contacts now show in People app, but Outlook no longer sees those contacts. How can I migrate/export-import the W10 People contacts into Outlook 2016? 11336