Windows 10: How to import/save photos already on screen, to computer?

Discus and support How to import/save photos already on screen, to computer? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [Desktop Dell Inspiron 560 4gb RAM; high speed cable; MS Windows10 64bit; Windows Live Mail 2012(awful!!!); MS Word Pro 2003; Mozilla Firefox; Avast... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Adela, Dec 6, 2015.

1. Adela Win User

How to import/save photos already on screen, to computer?

[Desktop Dell Inspiron 560 4gb RAM; high speed cable; MS Windows10 64bit; Windows Live Mail 2012(awful!!!); MS Word Pro 2003; Mozilla Firefox; Avast AV; Windows Media Player; Adobe Reader; Adobe flash Player]

I put the memory card from my Nikon dig. camera into my card reader, I plugged the card reader into my computer USB, and the photos appear on the screen. But, there’s no clickable link at all for me to import and/or save them. I need to send them to someone and find no way to do it....

Across the top of the photos it only says this and not as links:

Upper right: “Photos”
    A little below: “Select items to import from E:/”
    A little lower: “New Items” (Clicking on this it makes my pix on the screen disappear, and clicking again brings them back!)

And below that: “November 2015” (date I did this). And on same line: “Clear” (Clears the check-marks on each photo).

Anyone out there, do you think I’ll ever be able to send those blessed photos? How to import/save photos already on screen, to computer? :) Thanks ever so much for any ideas!

:)

Adela, Dec 6, 2015

2. Photos already in Win10 but how to import them???

I have the same problem you click import and it finds the photos but there is no option to import them your just stuck on the select page

HaleyLussenden, Dec 6, 2015
  3. Photos already in Win10 but how to import them???

Hi Leidirosa,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. I understand that you are unable to copy photos from your computer.

Before we proceed, please answer the following questions to help you better.

1. How did you transfer the photos from the digital camera? Did you drag and drop or used the Autoplay sync option?
    2. Are you trying to attach photos to an e-mail? If yes, which e-mail client are you using?

3. What happens when you attach the photos while using you e-mail account from web?

If you have Autoplay sync option, then the photos will be saved in the default Pictures folder in the library.

I would suggest you to attach the screenshot of the message you get when trying to import. Refer the following link to learn how to attach a screenshot.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/...en#take-screen-capture-print-screen=windows-8
    (Applies to Windows 10)

Please post back with the required information. We’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Dec 6, 2015
  4. davidhk Win User

...........A little below: “Select items to import from E:/”................

If you right click at one of the photos, what shows up ?

davidhk, Dec 6, 2015
  5. Adela Win User
    Thank you David, whether I click, double click or right click...anywhere including the photos, there's no response. *Sad I even removed the check which each photo has, and then I played with all the clicks again and... nothing! Thanks again for trying to help my puzzle.

Adela, Dec 6, 2015
  6. davidhk Win User
    Sorry to hear that.
    I have a low-cost Cannon and I never have trouble importing photos to my computer.

I have no idea how to help you.
    My apology.

davidhk, Dec 6, 2015
  7. topgundcp Win User
    Open "This PC". The memory card should be in there as a removable device. Double click to open and navigate to where these pictures saved in the memory card. Click and drag to desktop or to wherever you want to save.

Use CTRL or SHIFT key for multiple selection and again click and drag.

topgundcp, Dec 6, 2015
  8. Adela Win User

Thank you David, I tried all types of clicks everywhere including the photos to no avail. I even removed the check that each of the photos has (for what purpose?) and played with all clicks again, and nothing. It must be a Win10 glitch. But strangely enough when I went to the MS forum they couldn't help... Thanks again for trying to help my puzzle... *Smile

Adela, Dec 6, 2015
  9. Adela Win User
    It's ok thanks just the same for trying! *Smile

P.S. Did I answer you twice? I'm sorry if I did, I thought I had lost it and had to rewrite it......

Adela, Dec 6, 2015
  10. davidhk Win User
    Follow the advice given by topgundcp.
    It should be the answer for you.

@ topgundcp,
    I rarely use camera and I forgot about that method.
    Thank you for refreshing my memory.

davidhk, Dec 6, 2015
  11. Adela Win User
    Thanks so much, these are the instructions I followed but trying to find the camera icon was impossible. Didn't find it anywhere:

I opened File Explorer and clicked on This PC which is supposed to list all devices, including my camera. Once I find it I'm supposed to click on it and it will take me to saving/importing the photos. But apparently my camera was not recognized or it's not in my computer. And that seems to be the problem. I guess I should've asked instead "How to find my camera in my computer".... lol!

Any ideas? I suspect this is a glitch - compliments of Win10? Thanks again a lot for trying to help me.

Adela, Dec 6, 2015
  12. KRL
    KRL Win User
    Plug the camera directly into your PC instead of the mem card.

13. Adela Win User

Hi and thank you, my camera doesn't have a wire to plug it directly to the computer which is why I was told to buy a card reader.

Adela, Dec 6, 2015
  14. topgundcp Win User
    When you connect the Card Reader to the USB port. The PC should recognize as a removable HD and assign a drive letter to it (Z in this case, yours might be different letter). Here's the screen shot:

How to import/save photos already on screen, to computer? [​IMG]

If you don't see the removable drive. Try connect the card reader to another USB port.

topgundcp, Dec 6, 2015
  15. When I import my photos from memory card a menu pops up and asks me what app I want to use to import and save them to a folder on my laptop I use windows photo viewer.
    Once imported it then asks me do I want to delete them from memory card.
    Once all done I go to folder which is usually called DC with a number.
    I then can either leave them in that folder or make another folder and put them in there.
    Forgot to say they do come into the download app.
    The other folder I have just named is in pictures,
    I just drag and drop from download to that folder then once that folder is empty I delete it or leave it empty in download ready for next lot of photos

hTconeM9user, Dec 6, 2015
Thema:

1. How to import/save photos already on screen, to computer? - Similar Threads - import save photos

2. Photo import not saving in folders by month of date taken

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photo import not saving in folders by month of date taken: My Original photo library was somewhat messed up including what was on OneDrive so I pulled them all down to my local computer. Having purged all the problem images and happy with the result I then copied them to a memory card and used Photos to start importing them.However...
  3. Photo import not saving in folders by month of date taken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo import not saving in folders by month of date taken: My Original photo library was somewhat messed up including what was on OneDrive so I pulled them all down to my local computer. Having purged all the problem images and happy with the result I then copied them to a memory card and used Photos to start importing them.However...
  4. Photo import not saving in folders by month of date taken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Import of iPhone photos fails when encountering SAVED PHOTOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Import of iPhone photos fails when encountering SAVED PHOTOS: The Photos app seems to have an import problem when encountering iPhone photos that were SAVED to photos from another app like Google Photos or Instagram. So if I am importing photos from my iPhone, all is well if there are NO SAVED images in the album. But whenever there is...
  6. Import of iPhone photos fails when encountering SAVED PHOTOS

Import of iPhone photos fails when encountering SAVED PHOTOS: The Photos app seems to have an import problem when encountering iPhone photos that were SAVED to photos from another app like Google Photos or Instagram. So if I am importing photos from my iPhone, all is well if there are NO SAVED images in the album. But whenever there is...
  7. Photo Screen Save

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo Screen Save: I have a new Windows 11 PC, and I have so many pictures I was trying to add to my phot library, that I somehow corrupted it. I want to start over. I can see how to add new folders to the screen saver, but I cannot remove folders from it. Or is there a way to remove everything...
  8. Photo Screen Save

Photo Screen Save: I have a new Windows 11 PC, and I have so many pictures I was trying to add to my phot library, that I somehow corrupted it. I want to start over. I can see how to add new folders to the screen saver, but I cannot remove folders from it. Or is there a way to remove everything...
  9. Trouble importing photos and videos to computer...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Trouble importing photos and videos to computer...: I have a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series laptop running Windows 10. My photos app is having no trouble importing photos, it’s finishing the import and “adding photos to the collection” that I’m having trouble with it. I just imported videos off my video camera (JVC) and the...
  10. Windows Photos consistently forgets which photos were already imported

Windows Photos consistently forgets which photos were already imported: Hi, so I've been trying to regularly use Windows 10's Photos App because I think it is a real step-up from previous built in solutions. But there is something seriously screwed with the import feature. Using an iPhone 10 Xs, the Photos App not only struggles to find...