Windows 10: how to import WinLiveMail contacts export into Mail in Win 10

Discus and support how to import WinLiveMail contacts export into Mail in Win 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I need to know how to import WinLiveMail contacts export into Mail in Win 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Retha Warner, Sep 23, 2018.

1. how to import WinLiveMail contacts export into Mail in Win 10

I need to know how to import WinLiveMail contacts export into Mail in Win 10

:)

Retha Warner, Sep 23, 2018

2. Import/Export Contacts

Hi,

Basically, I want to manually sync contacts back and forth, between my computer and my phone.

Going from computer to phone, the easiest way for me has been exporting/backing up the computer's .vcf file, moving it to my phone, delete my phones current contact list, and then importing the .vcf file from the computer, which instantly results in an complete, updated list.

However, going in the other direction is my problem.

If I try to do the same in reverse, trying to import the .vcf file into the computer contacts, it wants to do it one contact at a time, instead of the full list all at once.

I suppose they can be Imported/Exported thru gmail, but I would prefer doing it directly...phone contacts only, without importing gmail contacts

Thanks

kitpzyxmsir, Sep 23, 2018
  3. davidhk Win User
    Contacts in Windows 10 mail In

I think I have given you this link on one of your other threads. But then again, my memory is not that great.

How do I import and export email, contacts, and calendars with Windows Live Mail?
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/w...backup-restore

The one below is a little "old". It was posted for Win 7 in 2011. However, it is still dealing with WLM and the steps and terminologies are basically the same.
    http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...-contacts.html
    If I remember correctly, you do have a computer currently running Win 7.
    If yes, the tutorial will work for you.

Option One is to export Contacts from WLM in Windows 7.
    Option Two is to import Contacts to WLM in Windows 10.

*** make sure you export Contacts as a Comma separated values (.csv) File ***

davidhk, Sep 23, 2018
  4. John Vil Win User

how to import WinLiveMail contacts export into Mail in Win 10

importing contacts into live mail on Windows 10

Hello Wally,

There may be several reasons why your contacts are not showing up on your device. To get a better understanding of your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• When did this issue start?
    • Were there any changes made on the settings of Windows Live Mail on your Surface prior to this happening?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, you may refer to this article refer to the steps on how to import contacts into Windows Live Mail:
    Import and export email, contacts, and calendars with Windows Live Mail.

We're looking forward for your response.

John Vil, Sep 23, 2018
Thema:

how to import WinLiveMail contacts export into Mail in Win 10

1. how to import WinLiveMail contacts export into Mail in Win 10 - Similar Threads - import WinLiveMail contacts

2. how to export contacts as in PEOPLE used by MAIL to allow import into outlook?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to export contacts as in PEOPLE used by MAIL to allow import into outlook?: HOW TO EXPORT CONTACTS as in PEOPLE used by MAIL/ So I canm use the new outlook. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-export-contacts-as-in-people-used-by-mail/e4e5ad93-9693-4258-8a99-09534566ad0b
  3. how to export contacts as in PEOPLE used by MAIL to allow import into outlook?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to export contacts as in PEOPLE used by MAIL to allow import into outlook?: HOW TO EXPORT CONTACTS as in PEOPLE used by MAIL/ So I canm use the new outlook. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-export-contacts-as-in-people-used-by-mail/e4e5ad93-9693-4258-8a99-09534566ad0b
  4. how to export contacts in windows 10 mail app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to export contacts in windows 10 mail app: for some reason, the outlook 365 does not show all of my contacts but with Microsoft support agent, I was able to find my contacts in the Windows 10 mail app I have hotmail account. Now how do I export my contacts in windows 10 mail app so I can use in gmail?...
  5. how to export contacts in windows 10 mail app

how to export contacts in windows 10 mail app: for some reason, the outlook 365 does not show all of my contacts but with Microsoft support agent, I was able to find my contacts in the Windows 10 mail app I have hotmail account. Now how do I export my contacts in windows 10 mail app so I can use in gmail?...
  6. Exporting contacts in Win 10 Mail

Exporting contacts in Win 10 Mail: why cant you just give us a clear and CONSISE MENU for doing necessary tasks. 30 years and you guys still haven't got it anywhere near RIGHT. WHY SHOULD I HAVE TO SPEND HOURS TRYING, THT IS TRYING TO FIND OUT HOW TO EXPORT MY CONTACTS. WHEN WE WANT TO DELETE PERSONAL...
  7. How to import contacts into Windows 10 Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to import contacts into Windows 10 Mail: How do we import contacts into Windows 10 Mail, this seems to be an unanswered problem effecting many people. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-import-contacts-into-windows-10-mail/a2f9786c-c706-4817-956c-86fa45c1f8d6
  8. No Gmail Contacts were exported to win 10 mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Gmail Contacts were exported to win 10 mail: I set up my Gmail account in win 10 mail and it works OK except for the contacts. They were not exported over with the account. I have no contacts in the people app. How can I manually import them into win 10 mail contact folder. What else could I do to import the contacts....
  9. Import contacts into Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Import contacts into Mail: Can someone please tell me how to import my Thunderbird email contacts into Win10 Mail? I have exported my TB address book to a cvs file if that is any help. Thanks in advance. 86249
  10. Import/Export Contacts

in Windows 10 Support
    Import/Export Contacts: Hi, Basically, I want to manually sync contacts back and forth, between my computer and my phone. Going from computer to phone, the easiest way for me has been exporting/backing up the computer's .vcf file, moving it to my phone, delete my phones current contact list,...