Windows 10: How to improve Microsoft Defender?

Discus and support How to improve Microsoft Defender? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I would like to help Microsoft Windows Defender to improve it's power. so how can i help Microsoft?[Original Title: Windows Security]... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Senuda Sasmira, Dec 12, 2021.

1. How to improve Microsoft Defender?

I would like to help Microsoft Windows Defender to improve it's power. so how can i help Microsoft?[Original Title: Windows Security]

:)

Senuda Sasmira, Dec 12, 2021

2. defender scans

Hi Ian,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur if you have set any task scheduler for Windows Defender.

I suggest you to delete the task for Windows defender and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Search and open Schedule tasks.

• In the left-hand menu, open the Task Scheduler Library, then select
      Microsoft >Windows >Windows Defender.

• Double-click Windows Defender Scheduled Scan.

• Select the Triggers panel, then select Delete.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Dec 12, 2021
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Installing Apps on Windows 10 Has Windows Defender Finding Malware

Hi Tommy,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• Is this issue specific to third party apps?
    I would suggest you to open Windows defender and add exclusions and check if it helps. Follow the steps to add exclusions in windows Defender.

• Type Windows defender settings in the search bar and press enter

• Under Exclusions click on Add Exclusion
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Arul_D, Dec 12, 2021
  4. R-T-B Win User

How to improve Microsoft Defender?

Better free alternative to microsoft defender?

Windows Defender, Bill?

Yeah. Same thing. Definitions to stay up to date on threats of course, but thats really just a list of tricks and signatures.

You don't have to be. You just have to be smart enough to break their shit. You can take it apart and reverse engineer it and marvel later (I was impressed by a clients just recently). It's not hard to be up to date enough to keep malware a.) mostly off your machine in the first place and b.) limit it's damage when it does appear to your machine via network and best practices.

Some may call my approach inconvienient, but it DOES work.

R-T-B, Dec 12, 2021
Thema:

How to improve Microsoft Defender?

1. How to improve Microsoft Defender? - Similar Threads - improve Microsoft Defender

2. how i on microsoft defender?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how i on microsoft defender?: windows defender removed/not working by disable it when installation.noe security page is black/black scrren so hpw i reset antivirus pogramme? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-i-on-microsoft-defender/e0d8df87-cad6-4496-88b3-52f1f4805fde
  3. How to use Microsoft Defender?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to use Microsoft Defender?: Hello everyone: People told me, Window10 can use its own defender to kill virus. But I never use and seethe "defender" Could you tell me how to use "defender"? --- Zhao[Original Title: Defender, how?]...
  4. How to use Microsoft Defender?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to use Microsoft Defender?: Hello everyone: People told me, Window10 can use its own defender to kill virus. But I never use and seethe "defender" Could you tell me how to use "defender"? --- Zhao[Original Title: Defender, how?]...
  5. How to Disable Microsoft Defender ?

How to Disable Microsoft Defender ?: How can i permanently disable Windows Defender? i can't play Counter-Strike Global Offensive because Windows Defender running in the background and it's kicking me. i tried to disable it from regedit but didn't work i also tried from Group Policy but also in vain it is...
  6. How to fix Microsoft defender

How to fix Microsoft defender: Bob.ombs software was suggested in another Ten Forms thread > there was a malware warning after the webpage opened This computer has Microsoft defender and Malwarebytes premium trial. Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 19042) (19041.vb_release.191206-1406)...
  7. microsoft problem should be improve

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    microsoft problem should be improve: my computer was fine before updating. but after the update, nothing is working. as soon as you are opening something , the computer starts restarting. so please fine it. help me! Thanks & Regards omhari singh...
  8. Improvements to Microsoft Search in Bing

in Windows 10 News
    Improvements to Microsoft Search in Bing: Recently, you may have noticed some changes to the way Microsoft Search in Bing looks. We’ve made some improvements so using Office 365, SharePoint Online, and Microsoft Search in Bing is more consistent and familiar. We’ve also redesigned work and web results to provide a...
  9. Windows Defender improves in new antivirus test

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Defender improves in new antivirus test: Microsoft has conceded in the past that its anti-malware offerings only provide baseline protection. For Windows 7 and Vista, there’s Microsoft Security Essentials, while Windows 8 and Windows 10 come with the nearly identical Windows Defender. While more advanced users...
  10. How Microsoft is improving Windows Store app catalog

in Windows 10 News
    How Microsoft is improving Windows Store app catalog: Today I want to share with you adjustments we are making to Windows Store app certification policies to improve the Store experience for your customers. How we are improving Windows Store app catalog As of today, we are enforcing a more robust approach to 10.1 app...