Windows 10: How to improve network speed using SMB compression in Windows 11

Discus and support How to improve network speed using SMB compression in Windows 11 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]SMB, or Server Message Block, is a protocol used to transfer files over a network. Then comes SMB Compression which compresses file size to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Oct 19, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

How to improve network speed using SMB compression in Windows 11

How to improve network speed using SMB compression in Windows 11 SMB-Compression.png
    SMB, or Server Message Block, is a protocol used to transfer files over a network. Then comes SMB Compression which compresses file size to make sure large file transfer can speed up further. The advantage of using SMB compression is that you do not need to use any third-party software to compress and decompress when […]

This article How to improve network speed using SMB compression in Windows 11 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Oct 19, 2021
  2. Bree Win User

Which SMB is on my Network

To do that in an admin Powershell session use Get-SmbConnection

Or you can use powershell Get-SmbConnection in a Command Prompt (Admin). Here is a mixed network, my BT router is on SMB 1.5, a W7 machine is using 2.1, while the W10 machines are all 3.1.1. NB: you have to be connected to a machine for it to appear in the list. A File Explorer window looking at the list of shares on a network PC is sufficient, so open File Explorer at Network then open each PC you see there in a new window.

How to improve network speed using SMB compression in Windows 11 [​IMG]

3. Mark Ole Win User
    USB Device Not Recognized in Windows

We suggest that you disable Remote Differential Compression and see if it helps speed up the transfer rate.

To do that ,please follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + W and type “turn windows features on”.
    • Select Turn Windows features on or off.
    • Uncheck the box for Remote Differential Compression and click
      OK.
    • Restart the computer then check.
    You may also refer to the thread: Copy speed very slow in windows
    . You'll find useful suggestions on how to improve transfer speed for USB devices in Windows 10.

Please update us the results.

Mark Ole, Oct 19, 2021
  4. How to improve network speed using SMB compression in Windows 11

Slow Network speed

Hi Andrew,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with the Internet speed.

I will certainly help you.

I appreciate you efforts in troubleshooting the system issue.

I suggest you to please follow the below steps to fix the network issue:

• Press Windows logo key + X key, and select
      Command prompt (Admin).
    • Type netsh winsock reset and press
      Enter.
    • Type netsh int ip reset and press
      Enter
    • Type ipconfig /release and press
      Enter
    • Type ipconfig /renew and press
      Enter
    • Type ipconfig /flushdns and press
      Enter
    • Restart the system after performing above steps.

If the issue still persist. Please refer to the link to
    fix network connection issues in Windows 10.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10741/windows-10-fix-network-connection-issues

Please reach back to us, if you still face the difficulty with Network speed. We will be glad to help you.

Thank you.

Mayank_Bhiwal, Oct 19, 2021
Thema:

How to improve network speed using SMB compression in Windows 11

1. How to improve network speed using SMB compression in Windows 11 - Similar Threads - improve network speed

2. Microsoft improves SMB compression in Windows 11 and Server 2022

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft improves SMB compression in Windows 11 and Server 2022: Microsoft released optional updates for the company's Windows 11 and Windows Server 2022 operating systems earlier this month. One of the new features of the releases reveals that the operating systems compress files now regardless of size. [ATTACH] source: Microsoft The...
  3. How to limit Network speed in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to limit Network speed in windows 11: So, I have a router at home and I have connected my windows 11 machine to it with ethernet. There are others that are connected to the router through ethernet. So, i want to limit my network speed so that others can have the left network speed. My router provides max speed of...
  4. How to limit Network speed in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to limit Network speed in windows 11: So, I have a router at home and I have connected my windows 11 machine to it with ethernet. There are others that are connected to the router through ethernet. So, i want to limit my network speed so that others can have the left network speed. My router provides max speed of...
  5. How to use New and Improved Clipboard in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to use New and Improved Clipboard in Windows 11: [ATTACH]The Clipboard feature is now revamped with some new features in Windows 11. Along with the basic UI redesign, there are multiple additions to the default Clipboard Manager. Some features and items like emojis are now integrated within the Clipboard Manager and can be...
  6. Network connection speed is slow, how to improve?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network connection speed is slow, how to improve?: I recently bought a new server. It has a Gigabit speed network card. I also have a laptop with a 10/100 card in it. When using remote desktop to transfer files to the server, the speed is only 2-3 MB. I have checked both cards setup, and they are the only two devices on the...
  7. Improve WiFi Link Speed

Improve WiFi Link Speed: I get poor WiFi performance in my lounge (2Mbps) which is the furthest distance in the house from the router. I do have a hardwired Ethernet connection in the lounge connected to the router. What's the best way of providing better WiFi performance in the lounge by connecting...
  8. Improve Internet Speed

Improve Internet Speed: Hi, I am using Home Broadband Internet Connection on My Windows 10 Laptop. Nowdays i am getting Slow Internet Speed. I want some tips that can help me increase Home Broadband Internet Speed. Please help....
  9. Improve speed at the start

in Windows 10 Customization
    Improve speed at the start: How can I improve the speed of my PC startup with windows 10 ? Since it is very uncomfortable to wait so long to be able to use it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/improve-speed-at-the-start/79519051-c435-446e-8c0c-40ff75fd7bce
  10. Help Network Gurus - Network Switch improves speed a lot !!!

Help Network Gurus - Network Switch improves speed a lot !!!: Hi there I can't understand this at all but any network Gurus out there Got rid of 4 X LAN 100 metre cables which went into an AC 1900 nighthawk extender - which connected to my main ISP router via wi fi on 5GHZ band (temporary solution until I can lay a decent Lan...