Windows 10: How to include OneNote for Desktop text in the Win10 search results

Discus and support How to include OneNote for Desktop text in the Win10 search results in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,Is it possible to have content in my OneNote files show up as results when using the Win10 search feature? I do find the content when inside... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by george-publicis, Jul 1, 2022.

1. How to include OneNote for Desktop text in the Win10 search results

Hello,Is it possible to have content in my OneNote files show up as results when using the Win10 search feature? I do find the content when inside OneNote and use the "Find" feature.Regards George

:)

george-publicis, Jul 1, 2022

2. Onenote - search function quit working.

Hi,

Did you make any changes prior to this issue?

Is this specific to OneNote or the same persists with word?

I suggest you to try performing Windows app troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the
      Search
      area on the taskbar.

• Click on View all on the left panel of the Troubleshooting Windows.

• Select Windows store Apps.

• Follow the on screen instruction.
    Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Jul 1, 2022
  3. OneNote "Sync Conflicts"

Hi Tom,

Sync conflicts error shown in OneNote can be resolved by using OneNote desktop client. To stop seeing this error, can you follow the below steps:

1. Open the page which is having conflicts in OneNote desktop client or in Internet explorer
    2. Open the page in which this error is shown
    3. On the top of the page there will be a text bar shown. Pressing on the text bar will show conflicting pages for this page.
    4. Delete the conflicting page by selecting the page and right clicking on it.
    5. Sync the changes from desktop to server
    6. After the above steps, open the page in Mobile and tap on "refresh" to get the changes made on the server.
    After step 6 is done, sync conflicting error message should be stopped from prompting.

Hope this helps!

J. Hari Krishna Reddy, Jul 1, 2022
  4. How to include OneNote for Desktop text in the Win10 search results

Searching Handwritten Notes in OneNote for Windows

Hi Tink_808

Refer to Search for notes in OneNote for Windows 10 and also based on my test, the handwriting
    should be searchable in both OneNote for Windows or OneNote 2016.
    However, some of them may not be searchable immediately, you should wait for a little bit time for giving the result.

As a workaround, you can also choose to convert the handwritten Notes to text. You can refer to this article:

Convert handwriting to text

I hope the information may help you.

In the meantime, please provide the information below for our more investigation:

1. Your OneNote for Windows version.
    2. Re-open the notebook to see if there’s any improvement.
    3. Make new handwriting to see the result.
    4. How long has the handwriting been existing but not searchable?

Thank you,

Clark

Clark Wang MSFT, Jul 1, 2022
Thema:

How to include OneNote for Desktop text in the Win10 search results

1. How to include OneNote for Desktop text in the Win10 search results - Similar Threads - include OneNote Desktop

2. How to only show the "search icon" on taskbar, not including with the text "search"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to only show the "search icon" on taskbar, not including with the text "search": The "search" in the search icon is really annoying. I want to turn only the text "search" off, not the whole search feature. How can I do that? Thanks....
  3. How to only show the "search icon" on taskbar, not including with the text "search"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to only show the "search icon" on taskbar, not including with the text "search": The "search" in the search icon is really annoying. I want to turn only the text "search" off, not the whole search feature. How can I do that? Thanks....
  4. How to include OneNote for Desktop text in the Win10 search results

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to include OneNote for Desktop text in the Win10 search results: Hello,Is it possible to have content in my OneNote files show up as results when using the Win10 search feature? I do find the content when inside OneNote and use the "Find" feature.Regards George...
  5. How to include OneNote for Desktop text in the Win10 search results

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to include OneNote for Desktop text in the Win10 search results: Hello,Is it possible to have content in my OneNote files show up as results when using the Win10 search feature? I do find the content when inside OneNote and use the "Find" feature.Regards George...
  6. How to include OneNote for windows 10 search results within Windows Search

in Cortana
    How to include OneNote for windows 10 search results within Windows Search: How can I configure the windows search index so it will find match results within the OneNote for windows notebooks? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-include-onenote-for-windows-10-search/7b031e40-90a5-4d57-95c8-1faf772b9964
  7. Web search results not included in search bar

in Cortana
    Web search results not included in search bar: To whom it may concern, I updated from Windows 10 Home 1803 to 1903 yesterday June 19th 2019. Everything seemed fine after that until I discovered that the web searches are no longer included in my searches from the search bar. It only displays local content from my docs,...
  8. Is There A Win10 Text to Speech Facility Included?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is There A Win10 Text to Speech Facility Included?: I'm googling around and getting misled and confused... is there text to speech as part of win10? Or as a downloadable option? 134796
  9. Onenote UWP on Win10 (Version 16001.11231.20118.0) Search is Slow (minutes) and Onenote...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Onenote UWP on Win10 (Version 16001.11231.20118.0) Search is Slow (minutes) and Onenote...: This started happening after Onenote 10 updated this morning on my Surface Pro 4. Before the update, search was fast and my life was just perfect! My current release is Version 16001.11231.20118.0 After the update ... Search averages 30-60 seconds on same search...
  10. Are Outlook 2010 items included in search results?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Are Outlook 2010 items included in search results?: Whenever I performed a "Search programs and files" in Windows 7, the results included items from my Outlook 2010 data (e.g. contacts, messages, tasks). However, those items don't turn up in the Windows 10 search results, even though my Outlook PST files are listed in the...