Windows 10: How to increase disc space on C drive

Discus and support How to increase disc space on C drive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello all, I bought a new PC, but the C drive is split in 2 partitions ( C & D ). I tried to remove 100 GB from D, and add it to the C drive, but I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Solidjeuh, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Solidjeuh Win User

How to increase disc space on C drive

Hello all,

I bought a new PC, but the C drive is split in 2 partitions ( C & D ).
    I tried to remove 100 GB from D, and add it to the C drive, but I'm not allowed to do that...
    There is no option to increase disc space on the C drive.

Also tried to reinstall Windows 10 and delete the D drive, so that I could increase the C drive on Win install, but also not working.

I can "reduce" the disc space on C, but not expand.
    Please, can anyone explain to me how I can expand the C drive?

I have 117 GB now, and that's not enough, would like to add 100 GB to it.

What If the C drive get's full? Will it automatically use space from D drive?
    If it does, then there is no problem....

How to increase disc space on C drive mWgxnSb.png

How to increase disc space on C drive lKVGRzw.png

:)

Solidjeuh, Feb 8, 2019
  2. SChia1 Win User

Increase C drive space

How do I increase C drive space from D drive

SChia1, Feb 8, 2019
  3. how to extent space in disc c

regarding disc partition and increasing space in disc c

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

venkateshdevi, Feb 8, 2019
  4. tomas1931 Win User

Have c and d drive How to increase space on c drive

I hav e my harddrive partition in a C drive which has only 83 gb left and a D drive with 290 gb and is empty

How do I increase space on C drive

tomas1931, Feb 8, 2019
Thema:

1. How to increase disc space on C drive - Similar Threads - increase disc space

2. Need help how to use diskmanagement to increase space on C drive from D drive with windows...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need help how to use diskmanagement to increase space on C drive from D drive with windows...: please see the screenshot [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-how-to-use-diskmanagement-to-increase/b34f3bec-2b4c-451b-a0b9-28eef05d5de7
  3. How to increase disc space on C drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to increase disc space on C drive: Hello all, I bought a new PC, but the C drive is split in 2 partitions ( C & D ). I tried to remove 100 GB from D, and add it to the C drive, but I'm not allowed to do that... There is no option to increase disc space on the C drive. Also tried to reinstall Windows 10 and...
  4. disc space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    disc space: Low on discs space what are my options? how can I disable the click pad win 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disc-space/e637f51c-c917-4400-b7ca-08911ea960c9"
  5. disc space

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    disc space: hi compute s telling me I need more disk space to update my computer how can I do this please ,it wont let me uninstall anything thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disc-space/a4ff154b-be35-4cda-9436-b56748f77cb9
  6. C Drive out of Space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C Drive out of Space: I am using Windows 10 Pro. I have installed the OS on SSD with 256 GB capacity. Files on my SSD including OS files are hardly of 63 GB. But windows shows that there is only 1.02 GB free of 232 GB. I have moved pagefile.sys to other hard disk but it didnt work out. How do I...
  7. Increase C drive space

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Increase C drive space: How do I increase C drive space from D drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/increase-c-drive-space/4fc39454-1d83-4007-9bfd-8e577eb00f64
  8. Increase space on NAS drives (non destructive)

Increase space on NAS drives (non destructive): Hi folks I know a load of people on these forums use some sort of LINUX on NAS systems whether dedicated or "home built" for file sharing / media serving. A very common file system used these days is on those systems EXT4. Typically this reserves between 5% and 10% for...
  9. Disc space

in Windows 10 Support
    Disc space: Like in windows 7, we go to my computer and thereafter check the properties which include hard disc and its contents, available space as well - where is it in windows 10? 4379
  10. Making Space to C drive

Making Space to C drive: Hello My SSD is nearly full. I know that on it there is some file that I don't use that originate from past new hard disk installation. Question: - Is there a way to know witch system file is obsolete and not in use anymore? - How to know what is populating my drive...