Windows 10: How to increase disc space on C drive

Discus and support How to increase disc space on C drive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello all, I bought a new PC, but the C drive is split in 2 partitions ( C & D ). I tried to remove 100 GB from D, and add it to the C drive, but I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Solidjeuh, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Solidjeuh Win User

How to increase disc space on C drive

Hello all,

I bought a new PC, but the C drive is split in 2 partitions ( C & D ).
    I tried to remove 100 GB from D, and add it to the C drive, but I'm not allowed to do that...
    There is no option to increase disc space on the C drive.

Also tried to reinstall Windows 10 and delete the D drive, so that I could increase the C drive on Win install, but also not working.

I can "reduce" the disc space on C, but not expand.
    Please, can anyone explain to me how I can expand the C drive?

I have 117 GB now, and that's not enough, would like to add 100 GB to it.

What If the C drive get's full? Will it automatically use space from D drive?
    If it does, then there is no problem....

How to increase disc space on C drive mWgxnSb.png

How to increase disc space on C drive lKVGRzw.png

:)

Solidjeuh, Feb 8, 2019
  2. SChia1 Win User

Increase C drive space

How do I increase C drive space from D drive

SChia1, Feb 8, 2019
  3. how to extent space in disc c

regarding disc partition and increasing space in disc c

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

venkateshdevi, Feb 8, 2019
  4. tomas1931 Win User

Have c and d drive How to increase space on c drive

I hav e my harddrive partition in a C drive which has only 83 gb left and a D drive with 290 gb and is empty

How do I increase space on C drive

tomas1931, Feb 8, 2019
Thema:

1. How to increase disc space on C drive - Similar Threads - increase disc space

2. C drive space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C drive space: Hello .My C drive is an ssd 476 GB.At Monday the capacity was 290 GB.I deleted the latest restore points and the capacity went up to 300GB.Also i activated the weekly scheduled optimization for C drivebut i am thinking wasn't necessary and for my second internal hddmainly for...
  3. Increase C drive Space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Increase C drive Space: Is there a way to add a USB drive space to the C drive on Windows 10. Only have 32GB on C drive so cannot update Windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/increase-c-drive-space/65fb40ff-9391-4c4f-bb83-01992918f36a
  4. Releasing virtual memory does not increase C: drive space

Releasing virtual memory does not increase C: drive space: Hi All, In my new windows 10 PC after installing only a few applications, the C:\ was nearly 80 GB. The OS itself is taking around 20-30 GB. But the pagefile.sys and hiberfile.sys are nearly 20 GB and 30GB respectively. I saw on another thread that I could reduce the...
  5. Increasing C drive capacity

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Increasing C drive capacity: I have a 1 Tb capacity divided into C and D drives. The C drive keeps reaching capacity but the D drive has 500 Gb of free space. How do I increase the size of the C drive so that it can use some of the unused D drive capacity....
  6. how to increase the size of drive c

how to increase the size of drive c: how do i increase the size of drive c as it is almost full https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-increase-the-size-of-drive-c/1e140d09-4b04-407c-9e08-5000dd1bb1a6
  7. How can we increase a space in c drive from d drive in windows 10?

How can we increase a space in c drive from d drive in windows 10?: below are the screen shots[ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-we-increase-a-space-in-c-drive-from-d/6706bca8-7ccd-4d2d-a512-3b3bebe351c9"
  8. Need help how to use diskmanagement to increase space on C drive from D drive with windows...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need help how to use diskmanagement to increase space on C drive from D drive with windows...: please see the screenshot [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-how-to-use-diskmanagement-to-increase/b34f3bec-2b4c-451b-a0b9-28eef05d5de7
  9. How to increase disc space on C drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to increase disc space on C drive: Hello all, I bought a new PC, but the C drive is split in 2 partitions ( C & D ). I tried to remove 100 GB from D, and add it to the C drive, but I'm not allowed to do that... There is no option to increase disc space on the C drive. Also tried to reinstall Windows 10 and...
  10. Increase C drive space

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Increase C drive space: How do I increase C drive space from D drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/increase-c-drive-space/4fc39454-1d83-4007-9bfd-8e577eb00f64